RIP

1 ... 78910111213 ... 16

Re: RIP

dalek1
Do you mean RIH rather than RIP in this case, RIH meaning rot in hell!

Re: RIP

fred
They say what goes round comes round,probably a few out there breathing a sigh of relief,unless he left some notes.......

Re: RIP

Dear me, Mr d, dear me! She was a tasty lady in her day. Naughty but nice.

With thanks to Wikipedia....
While giving evidence at the trial of Stephen Ward, charged with living off the immoral earnings of Keeler and Rice-Davies, the latter made a famous riposte. When James Burge, the defence counsel, pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her, she replied, "Well (giggle) he would, wouldn’t he?"[10] (often misquoted "Well he would say that, wouldn't he?").[11] By 1979, this phrase had entered the third edition of the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations, and is occasionally abbreviated as MRDA ("Mandy Rice-Davies applies").[12]

Re: RIP

confused of hornchurch

Keith Chegwin dead: TV presenter dies aged 60 after pulmonary fibrosis battle
Chegwin's family said the star "died peacefully at home"
Aimée Grant Cumberbatch
51 minutes ago

TV presenter Keith Chegwin has died aged 60, following a long-term battle with a progressive lung condition.
The star died at a home at around midnight on Monday surrounded by his family including his wife Maria, daughter Rose and his son Ted.
He passed away following a long-term battle with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, which rapidly worsened towards the end of this year.

His last tweet was in September when told his fans: "Still not right. I will be back - But not for a bit yet. I'm so sorry."
In a statement released on Monday afternoon, Chegwin's family said: "We are heartbroken to share the news that Keith Chegwin sadly passed away following a long-term battle with a progressive lung condition, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, which rapidly worsened towards the end of this year."

"Keith died peacefully at home shortly after midnight on the 11th of December. His wife Maria, his daughter Rose and his son Ted were by his side."

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank Severn Hospice for the kindness, support and care they have shown us all over the last few weeks."
"Keith was a loving husband, father, son, brother, uncle and friend. We would respectfully ask to be left to mourn his passing in private."

Re: RIP

I wasn't referring to Mandy or Christine but Max Clifford.

Re: RIP

Sorry Mr d, I think my eyes glazed over. You were referring the MRD's connections in India and China?

Re: RIP

Percy
RIP Keith Chegwin god bless cheggers.

Re: RIP

Just a sarcastic comment nothing more.

Re: RIP

An RIP for the 71 who died in the Grenfell Tower. It's scandalous that Sir Martin Moore-Bick, the judge who leads the enquiry, is only just having a preliminary meeting to discuss its scope. He's certainly a good choice for those who want to give guilty parties time to get their stories straight and to complete the shredding of awkward documents. What's he been doing for the last five months since his appointment? Hardly a role-model of dynamic action. "Another pink gin, m'lud?"

Re: RIP

dalek1
Michael I was watching TV yesterday and a lady who was a resident in this block told her story.
Her life has been totally turned upside down and this is the help this tory run council is offering.
She still has no new home and on each time she contacts the council for an update she is knocked from pillar to post oh mr so and so's not in today miss so and so's off sick mrs so and so's on holiday and then cllr so and so's in a meeting and so it goes on.
The woman has got nowhere since her home was destroyed due to a conservatives councils gross negligence along with 71 innocent souls.
So let the state cover up begin.
Has this Bick-Moore actually been to the site?
Has he met eye witnesses the emergency services residents or as you point out what has he been doing for the last five months?
Answer drawing a fat cheque to sit on his arse doing nothing.
Trebles all round chaps!

Re: RIP

dalek1
Professor Heinz Woolf
The original nutty professor but a genius and a great man.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/dec/16/heinz-wolff-scientist-and-great-egg-race-presenter-dies-at-89

Re: RIP

R.I.P. Cyrille......

Cyrille Regis: Ex-West Brom and England forward dies aged 59

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42687285

Re: RIP

dalek1
I remember him well.
Not a prolific scorer but very strong and a good at holding the ball up.
When black players first broke into football over here they had to put up with dogs abuse on a weekly basis boos monkey chants bananas on the pitch spat on so todays black players have a lot to thank the likes of Regis Cunningham Anderson etc for.
Hardly any walked away but if they had it may have stopped young black kids taking up the game.

Re: RIP

Well put dalek - Cyrille was one of those black players who had to put up with ignorant racist twats, and the indifference of the football authorities, for far too long.

Re: RIP

fred
Sad,no age.He played in the ‘87 Cup Final for Coventry one of the best games at Wembley,good player and a good bloke by any standard.RIP

Re: RIP

Of course, the 1987 final - Keith Houchen's diving header against Spurs! Sorry to bring that up, dalek. Just to redress the balance, Houchen scored another memorable cup goal in January 1985 when he converted the penalty for York City which knocked out Arsenal in round 4.

Re: RIP

Yes it was the first time I went to the cup final on the actual day having been to Spurs two replays in 81 and 82.
I went to the game that day thinking nothing else that we were gonna lose because I had no confidence in David Pleat and he got the boot a few months later after letting Hoddle go.
I never got a ticket for the 91 final but with El Tel in charge confidence was high and we won.
Pochy's well overdue a big trophy win and it will happen.

Re: RIP

There was one player on the Coventry side that day I didn't mind getting a winners medal and that was big Cyrille.
For all the shit he had to put up with and the abuse he abuse he got it was poetic justice.
The following year Laurie Cunningham got one for cameo role with Wimbledon but he put up with more abuse than Regis having started his career in the mid '70's with Orient.
I remember going to the O's and seeing Cunninghams debut against Fulham as a sub with my dad and he said this blokes a bit useful and a year later he got dogs abuse from Chelsea fans and answered them by scoring the winner in a 3-1 win for the O's and then in the return game scored a stunner in a 2-0 win for the O's.
Chelsea fans stayed very silent when Cunningham played against them in his twilight days for Orient!
I wonder why?

Re: RIP

Mark One
Not sure how many on here will remember him but Peter Wyngard aka Jason King in Department S  died yesterday. Had a few problems in his time, I seem to remember something about a gents public toilet. None the less he brought  style, fun and humour to the character of Jason King. RIP PW.

Re: RIP

fred
He did.RIP
1 ... 78910111213 ... 16