RIP

1 ... 3456789 ... 16

Re: RIP

confused of hornchurch

Carrie Fisher's mother Debbie Reynolds has died aged 84

Reynolds' son Todd says the stress of Carrie Fisher's death "was too much" for the 84-year-old, who was also a renowned actress.

10:30, UK,
Thursday 29 December 2016

Film legend Debbie Reynolds has died aged 84 - a day after the death of her daughter Carrie Fisher, the beloved Star Wars actress.

Reynolds' passing was confirmed by her son Todd Fisher, who said: "She's now with Carrie and we're all heartbroken.

"She said, 'I want to be with Carrie.' And then she was gone."

Re: RIP

dalek1
I was watching some old stuff on YouTube Leo Sayer and Brian Ferry on /boxing day and asked Mrs D1 if she remembered them to which she cried out have they just died? No dear but with all thats gone on this year a very understandable retort.

Re: RIP

confused of hornchurch

Beatles' first manager Allan Williams dies aged 86

 From the section Entertainment & Arts

The man credited with discovering the Beatles and who became the band's first manager has died at the age of 86.

Allan Williams was also the original owner of Liverpool's Jacaranda Club.

The Jacaranda tweeted: "Today our founder and the man who discovered the Beatles passed away. Allan Williams, you will be missed."

Williams worked with The Beatles from 1960 to 1961, getting the band gigs in Britain, and in Hamburg where their future development was shaped.

Re: RIP

Percy
Where do you go to my Lovely RIP Peter Sarsted.

Re: RIP

Re: RIP

Ho-Hum
Graham Taylor Dead: Former England Manager Dies Aged 72.

Re: RIP

Ho-Hum
New photo 'claims Elvis is alive'.  82 years old.  Long live the king!

Re: RIP

confused of hornchurch

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis.

Re: RIP

Sorry mate preferred the Beatles any day!

Re: RIP

confused of hornchurch

Gorden Kaye dead: Comic actor famed for 'Allo 'Allo! role as Rene Artois dies aged 75
The BAFTA-nominated star, who died in a care home, cheated death in a horrific car crash in 1990

ByAlistair McGeorge
16:42, 23 JAN 2017Updated18:58, 23 JAN 2017
Celebs

'Allo 'Allo! star Gorden Kaye has tragically died aged 75 in a care home.
The star's agent confirmed he had died today but made no further comment.

The actor - who is best known for his role as Rene Artois in the British TV comedy - leaves behind an impressive legacy and career.
He appeared in all 84 episodes of the show for a decade until 1992, and reprised the role 1,2000 times in the stage adaptation.
Read More
'Good moaning': Classic moments of Rene in 'Allo! 'Allo!
The actor - who amazingly cheated death on Burns night 1990 during a car crash - would later return to the role in 2007 in a one-off TV revival, and a stage show in Australia that summer.
He always said the character that propelled him to stardom was his favourite, and famously remained close to his co-stars.

One of those co-stars, Vicki Michelle, who played saucy Yvette in 'Allo 'Allo, was one of the first to pay tribute to Gorden.
Posting on Twitter, she wrote: "So sad to hear news of Gorden Kaye. A brilliantly talented actor consummate professional, loved the world over.
"There'll never be another Rene."

Re: RIP

confused of hornchurch

Chuck Berry is dead: Legendary rock n' roll pioneer passes away aged 90 after creating hits including Johnny B Goode and Roll Over Beethoven
Chuck Berry, from St. Louis, Missouri, was one of the pioneers of rock and roll
Known for hits including Johnny B. Goode, Maybellene and Roll Over Beethoven
Police confirmed that the musician had died at his home at 1.26pm on Saturday
By Abe Hawken For Mailonline and Abigail Miller For Dailymail.com
Published: 22:18, 18 March 2017 | Updated: 06:17, 19 March 2017

Chuck Berry, who duck-walked his way into the pantheon of rock'n'roll, has today died at the age of 90.
St. Charles County Police confirmed they responded to a 'medical emergency' at his home near St. Louis, Missouri, at 12.40pm on Saturday.
He was found unresponsive and first responders desperately tried to perform a number of lifesaving techniques.
But the Maybellene, Roll Over Beethoven and Johnny B. Goode singer could not be revived and he was pronounced dead at 1.26pm.
Although Elvis Presley was called the king of rock'n'roll, that crown would have fit just as well on the carefully sculpted pompadour of Charles Edward Anderson Berry.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4327740/Chuck-Berry-dies-aged-90-home.html#ixzz4bl7FcS2t
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Re: RIP

Phil Wailing
When I was a child my whole family lived in one road and I was a by a long way the youngest.

All my generation of relatives were in their late teens or early 20's and I was in Junior school. They all had Dansette record players and all the music I grew up with was Elvis, Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly amongst others.

Before the likes of Chuck Berry we had Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson, these early rock pioneers changed the world, RIP and thanks for the music.

Re: RIP

I was brought up on early British Rock 'n' Rollers:  Wee Willie Harris, Terry Dene, Laurie London and, of course, Tommy Steele.

Laurie London was the most successful 1950s British recording star in the US with his hit 'He's Got the Whole World In His Hands'...I believe he was 13 years old?

Re: RIP

Ho-Hum
Martin McGuinness dead: How British politicians warmed to the 'man with clear chilling eyes'.

He walked in puddles blood BUT we must remember there are two sides to every dispute.

Re: RIP

bellend
maybe two sides but he wasn't on mine. murdering bastard.

Re: RIP

Until recent years the politics of Ireland both sides of the border and the divide have been steeped in blood but now thankfully its over and there's piece at last albeit an uneasy one.
If you want to draw a parallel with today look at the 1920's when former IRA leader Michael Collins lead the Irish delegation to London and got Ireland its own government for the first time in years. And what happened to him?
Shot by his own side because he was pro-treaty!
McGuiness? Well jury out on that one!

Re: RIP

He's back already...been recycled as a leprechaun.

Re: RIP

Ho-Hum
Entertainer Ronnie Corbett, best known for BBC comedy sketch show The Two Ronnies, has died aged 85.

Re: RIP

dalek1
Bit behind the times there HH.
That was last year!

Re: RIP

That's confusing Ho Hum, I thought he died on 31st of March 2016?
1 ... 3456789 ... 16