Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Council Witness
College merger to go ahead.

The very very quiet merger of Havering College of Further and Higher Education (Ardleigh Green) with Barking and Dagenham College could result in the eventual closure of the Havering college site due to long-standing conservative party objections to the college being so close to the Emerson Park millionaire estate.

The current Havering site would then be developed "in keeping" with the neighbouring Emerson Park millionaire estate.

http://www.havering-college.ac.uk/college-calendar/news/2258-havering-college-new-strategic-alliance

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Percy
Well why expect any different only a Labour council could make any difference.

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

fred
Tower Hamlets or Newham maybe

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Percy
23 of the London Boroughs are Labour we get shit by staying out

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Havering College - Quarles Campus
Address:
TRING GARDENS HAROLD HILL.

This is closing too.  Can it be that it offends Harold Hill people....I doubt it!

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

If in your opinion you think these Labour Boroughs are so wonderful move to one,we were born and bred in one and left 40 years ago,a lot wrong in Havering I agree,but it ain't a ghetto just yet,travellers doing their best in some parts of the Borough though.

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Percy
You should stand outside the church in the car dealers on Dovers corner estate then say it is not a ghetto.
I came here from Poplar Via Barking and other London boroughs.

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Council Witness
Which developer will get the TWO Havering college sites (Ardleigh Green and Quarles) ? Will it be Orchard building another pile of mould and damp ?

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

dalek1
Yes Willmott Dixon seem to one of our wonderful administrations favourites but we can all sleep easy in our beds.
After making such a fantastic job of Orchard Village they are now building the new leisure centre in Romford.
I'm sure a few fair large brown ones are being passed over as we speak.

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Percy
Hooray a new liesure centre will it open this century.

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

confused of hornchurch

For the money they've spent on the new one, they could have replaced the roof on the old one.

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

dalek1
Yes Connie and had money to burn afterwards.
Still we had fatman and robbing in charge for ten years so a nice brownie here and there never came amiss.

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Of course Perc co-incidentally just before the 2018 local elections.

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Council Witness
Is anyone tracking the bidding process for the two sites of Havering College of FE (Ardleigh Green and Quarles) ? Someone suggested to me that the "bidding process" for Havering property development was conducted in restaurants and not solely through council officers - is this allegation true ?

If spending our money on a minority activity like a ice hockey rink is anything to go by, this council could decide to selll and build anything they liked against the majority view.

There seems little doubt that Havering College of FE will close and be re-developed - what will it be ? A solar powered poodle parlour ?

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

dalek1
CW I visited the Havering museum for the first time last weekend.
I had quite a chat to one of the staff who told me the building is council owned and they seem to having a number of issues with sloppy building standards.
And guess what?
If anything goes wrong they have no choice but to use a council nominated firm to put it right.
Well that's one small example and although I couldn't confirm the allegations you've heard I wouldn't put it past them.

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Winchy
Isn't that a old story?  It says "A strategy group, formed by governors from both organisations, will lead the discussions and with recommendations implemented for September 2016."  so that annoucement is at least a-year-and-a-bit old.

I'm sure i read that the merger has been called off, at least for now anyway.

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Winchy

The Civic the old Dagenham town hall is now the hub for the University for our three boroughs.

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Council Witness
Long-term Conservative Objective IS closure of college site

IT REMAINS the case that the Conservative Party and their supporters in Emerson Park want the Havering College of FE site closed completely as they think it is too close to their exclusive estate.  The ebb and flow of merger / alliance negotiations is very far from being over as the objective of total closure and "in-keeping" development remains the same.

Re: Quiet College Merger to Protect Tory Millionaire Estate

Percy
With most boroughs clamouring for more schools its unlikely they can do the same as they didat Dunningfords we will need more schools not less.Perhaps they could offer places to some disadvantaged Dagenham children.
Revolutions are always verbose.