Queen's Hospital.

Re: Queen's Hospital.

confused of hornchurch

You're so possessive Bellend, that sort of thing can ruin relationships.

Talking of relationships, I think it's channel four tonight , there's a documentary about dogging.

I bet one or two councillors will be watching, I'll try to find the link.

Re: Queen's Hospital.

confused of hornchurch
 Here's the article, I don't know if the town hall car park gets a mention.

Channel 4 dogging documentary by former Stroud College student set to break new ground

Trusted article source icon .

Tuesday, April 02, 2013
Profile image for Ben_Falconer
Ben_Falconer

The real lives of doggers and what drives them to get involved in outdoor sex with strangers will be revealed in a ground-breaking documentary made by a film maker whose career started in Stroud.

Leo Maguire, who was inspired to take up photography and film at Stroud College, travelled 25,000 miles over six months to dozens of venues where people take part in open air sex under the cover of darkness.

        ..
He faced a tough task in getting in to the world of bare knuckle fighting for his last film, Gypsy Blood, and finding people who would talk openly to him about dogging proved even more difficult.

"It's a world where people leave behind their everyday identity and embrace a mysterious alter ego," said Leo, 31, who left Wynstones school in Whaddon without a qualification to his name but whose time on a two year foundation arts course in Stroud meant he could study film making at university.

"This makes documenting the dogging scene almost impossible. As a photographer, I took clandestine pictures of dogging, making sure to frame accordingly and keep identities hidden.

"It was surreptitious and silent, as I attempted to avoid being unmasked stealing these intimate moments in the woods.

"Winning the trust of gypsy bare-knuckle fighters was incredibly difficult, but gaining access to the dogging community was in many ways much harder and required a more delicate approach."

Interviews with doggers begin as their normal day ends and follows them as they go out to laybys, woods and picnic spots around the UK that often double as dogging locations after dusk.

None of the footage was shot in Gloucestershire but the county has well known dogging spots, some of which have prompted public complaints.

Those interviewed are filmed during their sexual encounters and they talk about their attraction to dogging and the effect it has had on their lives.

Dogging Tales will be screened on Thursday, April 4, at 10pm on Channel 4.

Read more: http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Channel-4-dogging-documentary-Stroud-College/story-18586680-detail/story.html#ixzz2PV9NwMyD
Follow us: @thisisglos on Twitter | thisisgloucestershire on Facebook

Re: Queen's Hospital.

Romfordian
Do Queens do heart surgery of any kind? Bit worried i have got to go for a heart scan after i blacked out about six weeks ago ecg showed a problem
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Queen's Hospital.

I had terrible service at Queens it could have killed me but its not a story for here.Thank goodness when I collapsed paralysed in the street I was taken to Newham Hospital who found out what was wrong and operated the next day.

Re: Queen's Hospital.

Captain Blogger
Doctor paid £2,300 by Havering trust - for ONE hospital shift

A doctor was paid nearly £2,300 by Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospital Trust (BHRUT) for working a single shift, it has been revealed.

The trust was among nine in the UK which spent more than £1,000 on shifts lasting between nine-and-a-half and 24 hours, in a list of the most expensive shifts in 2012.

The figure came to light following a Freedom of Information (FoI) request by a national newspaper, which showed the huge amounts of money being spent by UK hospitals on agency staff.

The trust, which manages Queen’s Hospital, in Rom Valley Way and King George Hospital, in Goodmayes, is millions of pounds in debt.

BHRUT’s medical director, Dr Mike Gill, defended the £2,297 payment. He said: “In areas where it is particularly difficult to recruit consultants – such as in emergency care – we occasionally have to pay more than we would like to ensure that shifts are covered and patients are receiving the best possible care.”

But Katherine Murphy, chief executive of the Patients Association, called the figure “shockingly wasteful”.

She added: “So many hospitals are paying vast sums because there is no proper planning and management, so instead we see locums being brought in on a last minute, ad hoc basis, at huge expense and to the detriment of patient care.”

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/doctor_paid_2_300_by_havering_trust_for_one_hospital_shift_1_2016195

Re: Queen's Hospital.

Ho-Hum
After months of excruciating pain my bruv finally reach the top of the bed chain and was admiited into Queen's hospital for two weeks of treatment, by then his condition was such that he couldn't be operated on because it was too dangerous.

His long term Crohn's disease had created a mass and a fistula in his stomach, which was inlamed. This resulted in him having to have an infusion of a drug called iinfliximab. The drug is very expensive $22,000 for a course of 2 to 6 over a period of a year.  He is now being treated as an out patient and had a second infusion yesterday.

The drug is not a cure but takes most of the pain away most of the time and enables him to eat.  (He'd lost 3 stone.)  He was only administered this drug as a last resort, in my view, because of the expense and, of course, the hospital couldn't afford to lose another patient due to incompetence or patient bed waiting.

He's been told an operation is enevitable but not until he is built up.

I'm not blaming individuals at the hospital but the sytem.  How can you knock down 3 local hospitals in recent years, build housing on the sites and replace these infirmaries with one smallish hospital and expect it to deal with all the patients?  Utter craziness.

Re: Queen's Hospital.

Ian James
How about this HH,

Have had to wait since Jan to have an ingrowing toenail removed,  might not sound much too you but  I'm in an awful lot of pain, cant wear proper shoes and cant walk very far can I Lorraine?

Still got to wait till the end of May for a 20 min op.

A mate at work has had a hip operation done in less time!

Still Dave says were all in it together !
Proud to have been deleted but still not defeated by the Romford Maffia !

Re: Queen's Hospital.

The Ear

Re: Queen's Hospital.

Ian James
What a good Idea:

HH Ho Hum & His Earlship the Ear:

Her Royal Highness the Baroness Moss of Angry has a ring don't you think ?
Proud to have been deleted but still not defeated by the Romford Maffia !

Re: Queen's Hospital.

Ho-Hum
My new status won't change me a bit....Anybody know where I can buy a crown?

Re: Queen's Hospital.

Romfordian
No but i have probably got Half a crown some where
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Queen's Hospital.

confused of hornchurch

I've still got two Churchill crowns in mint condition.

Re: Queen's Hospital.

Poor Ian was wearing sandals when it was freezing cold.

Very good title Ian but it makes me sound very old !  Plus I think I am a bit to common to be a Baroness.  I should imagine that there are some people who would think that "The Wicked Witch Of Angry" would be a more suitable title

Re: Queen's Hospital.

Ian James
Hi Lorraine,

I spent a whole month pounding the streets of Gooshays wearing flip flops in excruciating pain and sub zero temperatures but hey ho that's what I do

The only pain was the torrent of vile abuse from the nasties, we lost, but weren't defeated as the nasties came came nowhere.

Role on May to get my toe fixed!!

Yes I think the Wicked Witch may be sung in the ruling Council Parties chambers.

Keep up the good work !!

I had one of there smear campaign leaflets put through my door this week Not an election takeing place they realy are a vile bunch
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Queen's Hospital.

                                                                                         Todays Yellow Advertiser - CLICK HERE

Re: Queen's Hospital.

Percy.
It does not seem to have worked for the four hospitals yesterday where they were taken to the High Court.The Judges decided to go ahead with closures.
How can the people proceed they have no say and as far as most who are not ill are concerned do not care until they need services.
Local councils are to take on some health services.I do not think that a good thing as local politics are worse than National and are too partisan for a service like health.
I see no resolution indeed this thread is six months old and no resolution of it has been established.

Re: Queen's Hospital.

confused of hornchurch

Not happy with Queen's, don't go to Whipps Cross.

NHS maternity ward disgrace: Blood stained rooms, unusable equipment and unhygienic, uncaring nurses found at failing hospital

By Jenny Hope

PUBLISHED: 01:44, 14 August 2013  | UPDATED: 09:25, 14 August 2013

A hospital trust has been issued with three warnings after inspectors found filthy maternity wards, bloodstained rooms and unusable rescuscitation equipment.

The shocking conditions were uncovered at Whipps Cross University Hospital in east London during unannounced inspections by the Care Quality Commission.

Inspectors from the safety regulator found bloodstained equipment, dirty curtains, staff not cleaning their hands and midwives failing to carry out proper checks on babies.

Resuscitation equipment for newborns did not have an oxygen supply and was not checked regularly, while some equipment was not sterile.

Shocking conditions were uncovered at Whipps Cross University Hospital (pictured) in east London during unannounced inspections by the Care Quality Commission

Water and food was left out of reach of elderly patients, feeding tubes went unchecked and some patients developed bed sores while in hospital.

The CQC has now issued three warnings to Barts Health Trust, saying the hospital was failing to meet 10 of the 16 national standards for quality and safety required by law.

The trust has been told to make ‘urgent improvements’. It is already under scrutiny after being declared at ‘high risk’ of failing patients, with 28 deaths linked to medical blunders at its six London hospitals last year.

Concerns about delays in cancer care and hundreds of emergency cases readmitted for further treatment last month led England’s new Chief Inspector of Hospitals, Professor Sir Mike Richards, to order an inquiry on his first day in the job.

The latest CQC report says the trust ‘failed to protect the safety and welfare of patients’.

Matthew Trainer, regional director of the CQC in London, said: ‘We have very serious concerns about the care and treatment patients have been receiving at Whipps Cross.

‘The reports we have published today show a systematic catalogue of failings across the departments we looked at.

In places, the hospital was unsafe and dirty, and staff didn’t always show patients the compassion that people deserve.’

'Taken immediate action': Barts chief executive Peter Morris has apologised for the failings

On maternity wards, ‘serious shortfalls’ included staff who did not wash their hands enough, putting babies, mothers and visitors at risk of infection.

On the labour ward, inspectors saw a bloodstained bowl in a delivery room described as ready for use.

Care to mothers was ‘not always delivered safely’ and some babies were admitted to intensive care, ‘related to a failure by midwives to carry out the correct observations at the right time’.

‘We saw examples of poor care, unacceptable staff behaviour and poor infection control in maternity services,’ inspectors said.

In surgery, theatre processes and communication arrangements put people’s safety at risk. One midwife was said to have reacted sarcastically to a crying patient who said she was in pain before giving her some tablets without explanation.

The same midwife was seen to give a mother the wrong formula milk and ignore the patient’s questions.

Inspectors also found shortages of staff on elderly care wards, including a lack of qualified nurses.

Checks on feeding tubes were also not always carried out properly, the inspectors noted, and there was a lack of support for patients at mealtimes.

‘One patient spent 10 minutes trying to eat their meal which had been set on a table too far away for them to reach properly,’ said the report.

There were also problems in A&E, with the hospital having consistently failed to meet the national NHS target of 95 per cent of patients being seen within four hours.

The trust has been told to improve in three key areas: cleanliness and infection control; safety, availability and suitability of equipment; and support given to staff.

Barts chief executive Peter Morris apologised for the failings. ‘We have taken immediate action to rectify the failures to ensure we meet standards across the hospital at all times,’ he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2392531/Whipps-Cross-University-Hospital-East-London-NHS-maternity-ward-disgrace.html#ixzz2bwqh47lg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Re: Queen's Hospital.

Phil Wailing
This should be ringing alarm bells with our useless politicians

Re: Queen's Hospital.

bellend
it won't be politicians waiting for queens, they wouldn't go there. by the way neither would i. they would have killed me if it wasn't for my daughter taking me out and getting me to a real hospital.