Pssssst.. How shocking is this..

An electrician has contacted us and said..

Havering council were given a £1.6 million interest free loan from the government to fit 6,000 low energy LED lamps to Haverings street lights.

Apparently half the LED lamps came from Thorn and the other half came from someone less reputable.

Alex the spark told us the lamps that came from the less reputable supplier are letting in water and have got to be changed. Of course we don't know if any of this is true and far be it for us to spread rumour but Alex Trician also said one person has resigned.

Where is the Romford Recorder.. Spot more investigative journalism here for you Archant. Or are you too busy photographing Rosindell at an expectant mother's sewing circle..

Re: Pssssst.. How shocking is this..

confused of hornchurch

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Pssssst.. How shocking is this..

Phil Wailing
Buy cheap, the taxpayer buys twice.

Re: Pssssst.. How shocking is this..

As we are all aware the likes of Thorn Philips Osram and so on are reputable suppliers.
If this is the case surely the government should make conditional the money is spent with a known supplier such as one of those I've mentioned. We are all too aware this council will cut corners right left and centre to save a few bob and if this is true then the fault for purchasing sub standard goods is as much the governments as the councils. Who in their right minds would give that bunch at the fortress of doom a penny without checking where its being spent and who with. One consultation we get Rosser or the dame to insert the first bulb in a ceremony. I'll buy tickets for that.

Re: Pssssst.. How shocking is this..

confused of hornchurch

It's all under the guise of 'maximising revenue'.

Re: Pssssst.. How shocking is this..

Royston Eldridge
Bob

Re: Pssssst.. How shocking is this..

Bob
What happened to the park rangers motorbikes that Alby had to hide away.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Pssssst.. How shocking is this..

confused of hornchurch

Probably for sale on ebay?

Re: Pssssst.. How shocking is this..

Terry Matthews
Bob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyeMFSzPgGc

The councils cash strapped or so they keep saying. Always find money for extra cabinet members from the RATS but not much else.

Bob

Re: Pssssst.. How shocking is this..

Bob
The new council song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdY1Y5XNJBY
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Pssssst.. How shocking is this..

disgruntled employee
There's a lot more that goes on - but don't raise it with the unions in Havering Council. They don't care.