Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

Lorraine Moss
A resident who I know in Hornchurch, who is also a neighborhood watch coordinator has asked me to post this on the forum;

Last Wednesday I witnessed that young lad from Pizza Hut being attacked in Hornchurch. The police told me that they would contact me the following day for a statement, to date I have not heard from them. I have the feeling that this incident will just disappear, how can a crime that involved a lad carrying a knife not be followed up. This is England 2017, this is our police force, what has gone wrong with law and on our streets ?

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

confused of hornchurch

Crime figures continue to fall?

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

They are too busy with easy targets to make themselves look good.
They talk a good job and do nothing to re-assure the law abiding public they are on our side.
Before long vigilantes will be the the only thing to keep us safe and their first target will be the coppers.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

Percy
I trust the police are working hard on the case.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

Phil Wailing
What police?

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

This is a further comment, it would appear that there has not been any attempt to get any forensic evidence;

"There was forensics, the lads threw the pizza boxes on the floor after eating them, a bottle of coke was thrown, the "keep warm" bag were dropped, at least try and get finger prints"

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

bellend
but the gang were clever they didn't park on a yellow line.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

I suppose the easiest way to pretend there is no knife crime is to not investigate it as such, and log the incident as anti social behaviour.

If it's logged as a lesser crime, the public will just tut tut and it will be forgotten. That way they can perpetuate the myth that "crime figures continue to fall".

Of course, these "lesser crimes" have a habit of escalating until some unfortunate member of the public gets a knife in the ribs. Then we can roll out the safer neighbourhood meetings where we wring our hands and try to envisage innovative ways of dealing with the knife epidemic.

We already have the tools and the legislation to deal with it, but perhaps it has become easier to 'sweep it under the carpet'.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

They're too busy threatening to arrest me for being drunk and disorderly.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

Del Smith
We voted for low taxes, we voted for austerity, It means less public services, less police, less fire stations, cuts in every public service. If you want more of the same keep voting for it. If not have a quiet rethink.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

Phil Wailing
I am assuming that is the royal "we".

I personally would cut my own head off with a rusty chainsaw before I would vote Conservative.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

Hi Del and welcome to the Forum. I did not vote Tory in the last election, just having to live with the consequences.

I really feel that all of these problems have escalated since Havering went over to the Tri Borough policing and even though we are starting to see some results, it is not addressing the problem and many people are getting to the stage where they are worried to go out.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

Phil Wailing
As you know Lorraine I have known the Chair of the Pettits, Havering Park and Mawneys SNT for more years than I care to remember.

The tri-borough policing has proved to be a disaster for Havering and the authorities don't know what to do about it. Last month they were having to send officers to assist in Kent.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

It would appear that Havering is one of the "Guinea Pigs" for this trial,

From BBC News

 Met Police announce borough shake-up areas

The Metropolitan Police Service needs to save £400m in the next four years
The boroughs which will merge as part of a shake-up at the Metropolitan Police have been announced.
From January, the Met is testing out a restructure which will see it move from borough-based policing to larger basic command units (BCUs).
The trial will see Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge and Havering, and Camden and Islington boroughs merge.
The Met said it would not mean any station closures or job cuts.
But the Metropolitan Police Federation said it would be surprised if this did not happen because "otherwise what's the point of what they are trying to achieve?"
Scotland Yard said it had to save £400m in the next four years.
'What victims need'
It said the new system would bring together "management of neighbourhoods, response, investigation and protection of vulnerable people, including child protection, victims of sexual abuse and domestic abuse".
Each BCU will be led by an interim commander, a chief superintendent and four superintendents who will each be responsible for neighbourhoods, response, investigation and protecting vulnerable people.
People, buildings, technology and vehicles will be shared across the boroughs within the BCU.
Deputy Assistant Commissioner Mark Simmons, who is responsible for the BCU test, said: "Change is important for the Met to remain operationally effective in the changing policing landscape.
"We want to invest more into neighbourhood policing and protect vulnerable people across London as well as make sure we are able to deal with predicted increases in demand.
"We also want to implement a way of investigating crime that is more focused on what victims need and can be even more effective in tackling serious offending."
The Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime, Sophie Linden, said the Met wanted to reduce the amount it spent on management so it could "maximise the amount spent on operational policing".
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police Federation said officers had "massive concerns" about the scheme, particularly over fatigue and increasing workloads.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

Percy
Yes I put that on facebook some weeks ago with Dagenham police station closing.We had the deputy to the London mayor at the last constuency meeting and it was discussed.I was told we would join with Barking which will have an office in the building next to the Barking library open 24/7 the little stations like the one in Tesco will close as well.We will join with Redbridge Barking and Newham.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

That's an interesting point Del, but it doesn't explain where the money has gone.

We have a burgeoning population compared to the fifties and sixties, when we could afford decent public services. We now have a situation where most families have two breadwinners to keep their head above water so that's a double tax take compared to the fifties. Factor in all the indirect stealth taxes over the years such as VAT, green taxes, insurance premium tax spare bedroom tax etc and I think you must agree that the chancellor cannot possibly be short of funds.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

Very vivid turn of phrase, Phil, but extremely difficult to achieve without passing away before you've got the whole head off. Better make it your balls!

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

confused of hornchurch

Try thinking outside the envelope because it is possible if you override the safety features.

Don't try this at home, but rather than vote Conservative, a reluctant voter could tie down the trigger and fix the chainsaw between the jaws of their Black and Decker workmate, then in an act of desperation, throw themselves headfirst into the rotating chain.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

You are a lateral thinker my friend.

Re: Police Have Not Yet Followed Up On A Violent Robbery In Hornchurch

bellend
he is mostly lateral but a thinker?