Poet's Corner

Ok I'm not too fast
But next year I'll blaze the trail
Springing by St Paul's dome
With the public cheering me on
Nobody will have gone home
Till I'm crowned King of London.

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
on the playing fields of eaton...that's where the wars ...were won
accept it when we're beaten...and play the game ...my son
play up play up and play again...for the sport... and the fun
within the spirit and the rules... just until the...final day is done
don your rose tinted glasses...was it ever... just quite thus
is it now chaucerian language...shouts... what is all the fuss
greed rules now money shouts...what's wrong...with the odd cuss
no second place you've got to win...may i be... a trifle brusk
a championship place, the pressures on.. the points...are quite tight
what's wrong with winning at all costs...for glory... and the fight
a step too far? a line that's crossed?...an end to... what's quite right
it's what has become of sport today... it's kick...bollock and bite

Re: Poet's Corner

The Ear

Re: Poet's Corner

Ho-Hum
The county councils have an election
Which party will offer the bargins
Can there be a change of comlexion
At least in some of the margins
Watch my lips they will say
May we never tell a lie
Less money you'll have to pay
We're honest till we die
You really should vote for us
Upright and community minded
In us do put your trust
By falsehoods don't be blinded
So give your cross to me
And I'll be your guiding light
Open your eyes to see
I'm the one to win the fight.

Yet when the votes are counted
And a councillor is elected
Through lies that amounted
No more than we expected
Promises are soon forgotten
They only look after themselves
From the core outwards rotten
All of them pixies and elves.

Re: Poet's Corner

Ho-Hum
Is Margaret Thatcher a saint
Who should be canonised
So many say she aint
A cannonball between the eyes
Is what she deserves the most
And should never go marching in
With the finest heavenly host
Due to all her earthly sin
But the legacy is still here
While Europe trembles still
She made them live in fear
With a handbag of iron will.

Re: Poet's Corner

Ho-Hum
'MAY' I just say
Pinch punch for the first day of the month
May white rabbits hop to day
And to all those who've got the hump
A camel's worse off you see
Walking across stretches of sand
Where there is no place to pee
While above sits an arab so grand.

Re: Poet's Corner

Ho-Hum
UKIP's on the rise
Do you wonder why
Parties sink before our eyes
As we hear their bleating cry
We're tired of all the lies
Of yellow red and blue
Those turd settling flies
It's time for something new
So let's say goodbye
And put them all behind
Wingless they should die
Not cheese just the rind.

Re: Poet's Corner

Night's calling under full moon skies
this lunacy, starts burning.
A heated debate within my mind, feral I am yearning

Sad voices, seduce me,
A wolf fallen into a hunters pit,
Contagious behaviour, real fucked up shit.
I’m damned to do it all again,
I was a good man but now I have re- gone insane.
When I metamorphosed -oh it was so long ago, since I have resisted.
Born to be renegade, the world it made me- now apropos twisted.

I ponder the fate of humanity, as I Gaze upon the moon
My fetid claws of human paws will mature very soon.
How can one fight the devil in a human skin, this form is pathetic and is tainted with malevolent sin.

Politics are a hominid device spoken with tongues of cowardly mice.
Time to bare slayers tooth, yowl and bring the pack together- to free mykind it’s now or never.

There are devils to exterminate and dragons to ride If they see GAZZER coming, hell- they better hide.

Re: Poet's Corner

Lorraine Moss
Good to see you posting again Gazzer.

Re: Poet's Corner

GAZZER
Hi Mossy-not for long just passing through, trust your well. Noticed you have got a new hair style, your wasted here- should have been a model sweetie.

Nite Nite.

Re: Poet's Corner

Were you ever out in the Great Alone, when the moon was awful clear,
And the icy mountains hemmed you in with a silence you most could hear;
With only the howl of a timber wolf, and you camped there in the cold,
A half-dead thing in a stark, dead world, clean mad for the muck called gold;
While high overhead, green, yellow, and red, the North Lights swept in bars? —
Then you've a hunch what the music meant . . . hunger and might and the stars.
And hunger not of the belly kind, that’s banished with bacon and beans,
But the gnawing hunger of lonely men for a home and all that it means;
For a fireside far from the cares that are, four walls and a roof above;
But oh! so cramful of cosy joy, and crowded with a woman’s love —
A woman dearer than all the world, and true as Heaven is true —
(God! how ghastly she looks through her rouge, — the lady that’s knowm as Lou).

These lines from Robert Service's poem, The Shooting od Dan McGrew, always remind me of gazzer.