Poet's Corner

Re: Poet's Corner

Percy
Plundered by greed by people whose only thought is the value of their houses even if it means their own children become homeless.

Re: Poet's Corner

HH you have certainly missed your true vocation in life.
I'd certainly nominate you for Britains poet lauriate.

Re: Poet's Corner

Re: Poet's Corner

Re: Poet's Corner

Enough to freeze the balls off.....whatever comes to mind.

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
queen Elizabeth's got a hole
the water's gushing through it
find someone with self control
call in captain hewitt

Re: Poet's Corner

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
poor old Mannie had to jump
just to avoid the sythe
now mark hughes has the hump
and calling it a dive

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
the day breaks with silent wintery cloak
don the continuum of experienced yoke
seek the mantle of dedicated vocation
dejected aspiration without prostration
subordinate glances beneath contempt
spurning questions others may attempt
hourly eons lapse into banal routine
insignificant beneficiary of a corporate machine
jubilant roars from the executive suite
bonuses enjoyed with boastful conceit
motivational encouragement lower orders enjoy
and dissembling gratitude to you old boy

Re: Poet's Corner

Re: Poet's Corner

dalek1
You aint fat last time I saw you you looked very trim.

Re: Poet's Corner

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
the words ian never spoke

Stephenson's rocket, don't need horse's
no speed or power,    or g- forces
a future vista,           he endorses
an old boiler he,        reinforces

there's half some clever bastards
there's half some clever bastards

underneath a tree,   Newton's scrawling
hand writing so bad, it's appalling      autumnal now so,    apples falling
it was then he saw,  his life's calling

there's half some clever bastards
there's half some clever bastards

incandescent light bulbs, by jo swan
it always stayed alight,    it's always on
years later mr holms,      his first name john
invented the switch,        it may catch-on

there's half some clever bastards
there's half some clever bastards

lifting heavy TV's,           is a bummer
far back in 49,                in the summer
integrated circuits,          by Geoff Dummer
made delivery men         far less glummer

there's half some clever bastards
there's half some clever bastards

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
the rats have had their time in the sun
it's time to stand in blue
now time to play a different tune
do you think they've thought it though?

Re: Poet's Corner

Percy
Is there no hope of our great Bard returning to the Forum? If not I shall ask my poetic friend to write some verse.

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
fear not young perk, do not despair
he'll soon to return with odes to share
content yourself, you've read his stuff
but just for now he's had enough

Re: Poet's Corner

Percy
Give him my best he meant well.

Re: Poet's Corner

Percy
This is a tongue in cheek account of what might have happened at Windsor on the day of the Royal Wedding.

Happy Day

The Castle was in a turmoil and Meghan was close to tears.
Wills and Harry were chilling and downing a couple of beers.
Kate, who was feeding the baby, had shut herself in her room.
Charles was beating the corgis and Camilla was riding her broom.

The Queen was icing the wedding cake. She’d also made pork pies.
Then Phillip needed the men’s room but couldn’t undo his flies.
When the butler tried to help him, he couldn’t unbolt the door.
‘Get me a mop’ cried Phillip, ‘I’ve widdled all over the floor!’

At 11 o’clock they were ready for church, all dressed up to the nines.
Camilla, who’d drunk all the sherry, was making some very crude signs.
In the chapel the choir were singing, a song called, ‘Material Girl’.
Then Meghan performed in the pulpit, giving her public a twirl.

When the couple had pledged their devotion, they cavorted down the aisle.
Phillip was losing his marbles and the Queen was trying to smile.
Camilla had trouble walking and blamed it on her new shoes.
But the rest of the Royals were ready, to earn a few bob on the news!

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
Andy's shagging the barmaid behind the garden shed
he slipped her a quickie then asked for sloppy head
Edwards eyeing up the butler primed for a shirt to lift
someone dropped a tenner you wanna see him shift

Beatrice said to Eugenie where's the bloody the bar
then wear the fox hat she said you'll look like a star
along galloped the princess royal 'n' fell on the table
grabbed some cold canapés 'n' ate them in the stable

by 'n' by the Greek emerged his nappy clean and new
then he went and shit himself the air was fucking blue
the prince and princess of Kent stared as if to say
the silly old sod's off again and ann began to neigh

now while all this was happening behind the outer wall
rosser was blindly waving his fag and looking like a fool
a policeman came up to him as though a word to speak
what's all this my lad you'll be up before the beak