Poet's Corner

Re: Poet's Corner

Ho-Hum
The law states we must not litter
Unless you're a Pikey of course
The public should not be bitter
Or be jealous of a smelly horse
Our land is of hope and glory
The great Mother of the Free
A traveller could be me or ye
Why not let the trespassers be
Our green and pleasant land
This once called Sceptred Isle
Plundered by a lawless band
Making it hard for one to smile.

Re: Poet's Corner

Percy
Plundered by greed by people whose only thought is the value of their houses even if it means their own children become homeless.

Re: Poet's Corner

HH you have certainly missed your true vocation in life.
I'd certainly nominate you for Britains poet lauriate.

Re: Poet's Corner

Ho-Hum
bellend might have something to say about that Mr D1.

Re: Poet's Corner

Ho-Hum
 In the bleak mid-winter
   Frosty wind made moan,
 Earth stood hard as iron,
   Water like a stone;
 Snow had fallen, snow on snow,
   Snow on snow,
 In the bleak mid-winter
   Long ago.

Re: Poet's Corner

Michael Towner
Enough to freeze the balls off.....whatever comes to mind.

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
queen Elizabeth's got a hole
the water's gushing through it
find someone with self control
call in captain hewitt

Re: Poet's Corner

Oh what a battle
To keep the boat afloat
Can I hear the death rattle
Don't really mean to gloat
It's only what we expect
Plenty more in the till
For such a small neglect
Just let us pay the bill
She'll be Queen of the ocean
Buffeting the waves
Dancing the locomotion
For the tax paying slaves.

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
poor old Mannie had to jump
just to avoid the sythe
now mark hughes has the hump
and calling it a dive

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
the day breaks with silent wintery cloak
don the continuum of experienced yoke
seek the mantle of dedicated vocation
dejected aspiration without prostration
subordinate glances beneath contempt
spurning questions others may attempt
hourly eons lapse into banal routine
insignificant beneficiary of a corporate machine
jubilant roars from the executive suite
bonuses enjoyed with boastful conceit
motivational encouragement lower orders enjoy
and dissembling gratitude to you old boy

Re: Poet's Corner

Ho-Hum
It's New Years Eve again
Perhaps I'll stay in doors
Leaden sky is full of rain
In the pub it's only wars
Fighting to get to the bar
When all I want is a drink
A shriek in my ear of ha ha
As I try to reflect and think
Be better off in my armchair
Feet up watching the telly
Like a cunning ol' fox in its lair
Wine gurgling in a fat belly.

Re: Poet's Corner

dalek1
You aint fat last time I saw you you looked very trim.

Re: Poet's Corner

Ho-Hum
New Years Day afternoon
The festive season was ending soon
So went to the Legion wiv me bruvver
Downed a few bevvies wiv each uvver
It was nice to see some old friends
As Auld Lang Syne it never ends
Now 2018 is on the starting blocks
Let's hope for all the New Year rocks.

Note: definition of Auld Lang Syne.....The Good Old Times.