Poet's Corner

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
The sentiment has gone
though the memories linger on
on exit we will say
we'll no longer have to pay
Cameron in retreat
Trampled on by stamping feet
Englishmen's homes were once their castles
not given away by a pair of arseholes

Re: Poet's Corner

Re: Poet's Corner

The sentiment has gone
though the memories linger on
on exit we will say
we'll no longer have to pay
Cameron in retreat
Trampled on by stamping feet
Englishmen's homes were once their castles
not given away by a pair of arseholes
Nice rhyming makes me smile
Such response it comes in style
spare a thought for those poor remainers
for sponsorships lost 'n' shrunken retainers
leave eases now in the polls and the betting
unelected and lobbyist get ready for bloodletting

Re: Poet's Corner

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
The sentiment has gone
though the memories linger on
on exit we will say
we'll no longer have to pay
Cameron in retreat
Trampled on by stamping feet
Englishmen's homes were once their castles
not given away by a pair of arseholes
Nice rhyming makes me smile
Such response it comes in style
spare a thought for those poor remainers
for sponsorships lost 'n' shrunken retainers
leave eases now in the polls and the betting
unelected and lobbyist get ready for bloodletting
Dishonest Dave is scheming
The electorate he's demeaning
Conjuring more dirty tricks
The referendum he'll try to fix
call me dave or call me prat
I can do what I want, swivel on that
if remain wins I have a plan
I'll grow a beard and get a tan

[...]

But what if Brexit does the bizz
He won't wanna sip the fizz
Perhaps the scallywag has plan B
Guess we'll have to wait'n see
plan B is set it's behind the clock
the result was wrong and need to block

[...]

We cannot trust Dodgy Dave
How's his face he gonna save
Some little lie hid up his sleave
Should the voters say we leave
we can't be trusted with a vote
let down the drawbridge fill the moat
all-comers welcome open arms
fill our factories fill our farms
us lazy brits can watch and stare
thankyou Cameron fuck you blair

[...]

The time has come to flecks our muscles
Or remain the prisoners of Brussels
Tomorrow is the twenty third
Charge to the stations let your voice be heard
May Friday be Independence day
Break the chains is what I say
has anyone thought what we'll do
we're only British we haven't a clue
we can't be trusted on our own
a sorry lot without backbone
so lost without you, we'll go astray
please kind Germans show the way
that big bad world is a big black hole
they'll gobble us up and eat us whole

Re: Poet's Corner

Re: Poet's Corner

Dancing lessons   the wife and me   we tripped the light fandango
We learned to jive  and do the twist   but never learned to tango
We hit the floor   amidst the crowd    with moves that did impress
Been up all night   the one before  sewing sequins on me vest
The band struck up  the time had come  the pride before the fall
I swung her round   she hit the ground   what pain to see her sprawl
Enthusiasm waning   energy draining   back to the floor once more
Trousers so tight   in the spot light  the place so soon in up roar
I began to slip     then felt a rip     with an unstitching  at the back
Then all too soon    I started to moon   and clearly defined the crack
Not daunted by this    tiny remiss    the last waltz now to be played
I reluctantly agreed    to do the deed   completing the ghastly charade
No never again   I cried in vane   the lessons I’d learned were wasted
It’s not for me     can’t you see     the humiliation I have tasted

Re: Poet's Corner

bellend
some in the Vatican     really don't like   the way we conduct our affairs
a strong aromatic in     the appetite         for an answer to their prayers
a change in the pace    the e u runs         is not for their taste you see
so sorry your grace    we aint the ones    claiming for an old olive tree

Re: Poet's Corner

one night at the hurlingham club ball
whilst doing the machiavelian jive
hushed whispers enveloped the hall
and the fate of the country contrived
backs to the wall cried the bullingdon crowd
but not like the old school days
the gloom descended as a shroud
as the deed was done in the haze

Re: Poet's Corner