Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Lorraine Moss
 Cllr Damian White claims that he feels that most residents support this application !!!!

Please send objections to;

energystrategy@havering.gov.uk
By Post
The Energy Strategy Team, Town Hall, Main Road, Romford, RM1 4BE

Please see below, this is the letter I have sent;

Dear Mr Lowers

RE:  Proposed Solar Farm, Dagnam Park

Like many other residents of Havering, I was shocked when I discovered the proposal to site a Solar farm in Dagnam Park, Harold Hill.  Along with thousands of other residents, I have signed the online petition as I am completely against this proposal.

I am not against the principle of this type of renewable energy.  However, I cannot believe that Havering Council are even considering Dagnam Park as a location.

In January 2014, I recall reading a press release by Havering Council.  They were proud to announce that they had secured an additional 190 acres for Dagnam Park which actually doubled its size.  The press release states ;

"Havering Council has just added another feather to its ‘green’ hat, doubling the size of Dagnam Park Local Nature Reserve, making it the biggest in Havering – and giving residents’ access to see the largest variety of natural wildlife in the borough".  The press release also states that it complements Havering and Hornchurch country parks and will be managed the same way to enhance nature conservation and biodiversity.

Included in the press release are some beautiful photographs of the Deer and some of the birds.  However, there is no mention of stealing this area of land back from the people of Havering and turning it into an ugly solar farm which would have an adverse effect on all of the wildlife and would be taking away a huge part of this enchanting park from the people of Havering.  This is despite the fact that the same press release states;
"Enhancing Dagnam Park is part of the Harold Hill Ambitions Programme, which aims to transform the quality of life for local people. The Council worked with local people to develop a project that would revitalise the area and Dagnam Park was central to the plan",

I note that in December 2014 a similar application to locate a solar farm in Upminster was refused by The Regulatory Service Committee.    The applicant appealed and in February 2016, the appeal was subsequently dismissed by the Secretary of State.  The reason for refusal was it was inappropriate development of Green Belt land.

I think that you should find a more suitable location similar to the proposed site at Gerpins Lane and stand by what was given to the people of Havering as outlined in the press release of January 2014.

Yours sincerely

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Crackdown
Really angry will post comments later.

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

I wondered why I hadn't heard howls of rage from Upminster, now I know why.

"I note that in December 2014 a similar application to locate a solar farm in Upminster was refused by The Regulatory Service Committee."

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

"The applicant appealed and in February 2016, the appeal was subsequently dismissed by the Secretary of State.  The reason for refusal was it was inappropriate development of Green Belt land."

If the Secretary of States ruling applies in Upminster and solar farms are an inappropriate development of greenbelt land surely that ruling will apply across the whole of Havering.

The regulatory services refused the applications on the following grounds:

1. The proposal would constitute inappropriate development in the Green Belt and would result in significant visual harm, along with harm to the amenities enjoyed by the general public from a public right of way. Very special circumstances that clearly outweigh the identified harm to the Green Belt, by reason of inappropriateness and other harm, have not been demonstrated in this case. The proposal is therefore considered to be contrary to Policies DC22 and DC45 of the Development Control Policies Development Plan Document; Policy 7.16 of the London Plan; and the guidance contained in the National Planning Policy Framework.

2. During consideration by the committee, members placed different weight on the planning merits and decided to refuse planning permission.

The application for a solar farm at Upminster is less than 4 miles from the site Havering are proposing at The Manor.

The Secretary of State supported this decision:

CLICK HERE

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Crackdown

      I have only just involved myself against this outrageous proposal  which surely can only be the fault of some ignorant ( and sometimes arrogant )  councillors who pretend to be speaking up for local people
but are speaking only for themselves.
 It really does seem that the people behind this obnoxious proposal, have taken it upon themselves to  search for the most important Wildlife area they could find, and turn it into a Solar energy farm.
 Although I am not against the project, I am very  much against the proposed site when there are so many other sites nearby where the Wildlife is almost a none factor.
Let me ask our so called wise and learned councillors .where else in Essex or London can you go for a walk and almost be sure to see wild fallow deer roaming free in their natural habitat, or go in search of the Orange Tip butterfly eggs which are laid on the Cuckoo flower Which grow in the very scrubland in question. I very much doubt if these councillors have even heard of an orange tip butterfly or a cuckoo flower, or a spotted flycatcher never mind seen them. If these people cant find any other sites for their project
 then let them meet up with me and I will show them.    j. Nesling.

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Ho-Hum
I've been to Dagnam Park with Crackdown, believe me he is aware of every insect, flower, shrub and tree that exists there; every step he will stop and point out something interesting, even the pond life he enthuses about.

Like he states, councillors live in total ignorance.  What's in it for them, I wonder?

In Wingletye Lane near Lillyputs Farm there is land begging to be used where wild life is not so diverse and is probably waiting for the brown envelopes to roll in before it's utilised.

Wakey wakey Damian white!

What a plonker, an absolute embarrassment to the London Borough of Havering.

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Please see below, this was written by Don Tait, local Historian and a member of friends of Dagnam Park;

From The Harold Hill Community Facebook Page

Cj Tait
28 October at 08:49
Although the following is a tad long I would like all on here to take the time to read it, more so those that are undecided in whether to send any comments in to the council expressing their own feelings about this proposal that is in the thoughts of many at the moment. ….and for those that have already done so, thank you in supporting those that are campaigning to keep these fields free of any encroachment and free to enjoy. Please spread the word and try to get others to send their comments in as well…….
Many may have seen the item which was broadcast on the BBC London News programme which was aired at 6.30pm on Thursday 27th October in relation to the proposed solar farm that the local authority wish to place on fields adjoining the nature reserve. The vice-chairman/secretary of the Friends of Dagnam Park spoke on behalf of park users and FODP members when he spoke of the fields in question and the effect to the wildlife that it will have.

Helen, one of those that use the parkland along with her children was also filmed and made comments about how she and her family use the park and in particular some of the fields in question. Rounded comments, sensible comments without a hint of pomposity from either Helen or the FODP vice-chairman/secretary, ….and then there was the spokesman for the council.
Damian White, deputy leader of Havering Council, (remember the name) faced the camera and stated, and I quote, “Any income which was generated through utilizing what was effectively a neglected piece of agricultural land into a money making scheme really will help to support the vision of front line public services and I feel the vast majority of residents of Havering would support that approach". Nothing wrong in that statement I hear you say. Well lets look at it a bit more closely.

The council have already stated that they are currently exploring a range of ways to use council owned buildings and land to support funding of essential frontline services. However they have not stated what they class as frontline services. Is this better street lighting to make our streets safer?, is it keeping the streets clear from litter which would be an improvement on our neighbourhoods and town centres?, or providing a service that every person in the borough should expect and not receive as yet? Or will any monies earned from this venture go into having a better communication service with their residents? Who can say, as even the council are not telling anyone yet.

Now lets look at the piece about “what was effectively a neglected piece of agricultural land”. To you it may look neglected Damian (remember him? He is the Deputy Leader of your council), but by whom? It certainly was not the farmer who had leased the land from the local authority for many years and had worked it. It also has not been neglected by those park users that use the fields day in, day out, picking up litter, making safe pathways, and in general looking after the fields in question as they use it on their daily travels in the parkland when they walk their dogs, take photographs and watching the wildlife that live in this “neglected” land that you so disparagingly describe. If it has become neglected it has done so because the landowner has undertaken no work in those fields since they took back the lease from the farmer….now anyone want to guess just who the landowners may be? Go on Damian its not too difficult.
Lastly take a long close look at that last part of his statement “I feel the vast majority of residents of Havering would support that approach”. Really Mr White? Had you asked all the residents of Havering for their view on this proposal before a camera was turned on and you drew the short straw to stand in front of it? The answer to that is really simple. No! Only a proportion of residents living on Harold Hill where consulted by letter by the council with regards to this matter. Oh and one last thing to remember when writing to the council about this proposal… fellow councillor Osman Dervish has been noted as saying that this proposal for a solar farm will not go ahead without the full support of the community behind it. He did not say the whole borough nor in fact the whole of Harold Hill but bear it in mind that what one councillor says another can dismiss when he comes out with “effectively a neglected piece of agricultural land into a money making scheme”. Not everyone sees the countryside as a money making scheme Mr Deputy Leader.

I ask everyone whether you are for, or against this proposal to site a solar park on the fields in question to write to the council at the following e-mail address: energystratergy@havering.gov.uk
by the 14th November and make plain your feelings to them with regards to this happening, and if you are still undecided about sending your comments into the local authority let me put it into another perspective for you.
The land mass that they wish to use totals 30hectaces of land.
30hectares equates to 74.1316144 acres.
One acre of land equates to 4046.86 square metres.
Or 4,900 square yards.
Or 43560 square feet
(stay with me on this one it gets better).
A typical football pitch is about 110 yards by about 70 yards (the rules allow some flexibility in the size) so that a pitch covers about one and a half acres of field or, including the immediately surrounding land that goes with it, the football pitch takes up about 2 acres which means that you could get roughly 37 football pitches in the space that they require.
Still with me on this…good……because there is more…
Are you aware that you can park about 150 cars on one acre. That means that roughly 11,100 cars could fill the space of 74 acres.
Just take a moment to think about that and while you are thinking, think on, as if this proposal was to get to the planning stages and if it were to be approved and the solar park was built there would be one generation of children that would not have the benefit of walking across and having the freedom of enjoying those fields as they would be fenced off protecting something that will be making money for this council, you know….. the one that Damian White is Deputy Leader of.

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Yes its always enlightening when you meet someone with vast knowledge of his subject or surrounds.
As I've mentioned before Little Miss D1 and I love our park walks and wild meadows such as Dagnam park only ad to the adventure.
I went on a composting course run by Havering at Thames Chase in Cranham and met two very knowledgeable individuals one works for the borough and one ironically named Pete I believe was a composting expert and what he didn't know about his subject wasn't worth knowing.
I visited Harold Hill yesterday and took a brief stroll through the Manor part of Dagnam park and what an oasis of calm the place is. Absolutely beautiful in a much maligned area.
I then met up with Lorraine and signed a petition in the shopping centre against the solar farm proposed by boys White and Dervish and spoke to some of the locals and met and had a chat with Denis O'Flynn quite a character. The folk organising the petition are good local people who do care about their area even if this administration doesn't give a shit.
I don't think the two pretty boys know whats going to hit them.

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

My email to Cllr Roger Ramsey;

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Phil Wailing
Hi Lorraine,

Personal message Andrew Curtin, he was very involved with the expansion of the Manor, I believe there was  a wildlife tunnel put under the M25 for the deer to cross that he was involved with.

I have an ornithologist friend that covers Havering for the Essex Birdwatching Society, I am contacting him for a full list of Birds, Invertebrates, Butterflies, Moths and Flora and Fauna that will be impacted by this hideous idea of a solar farm in a local nature reserve.

Phil

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Lorraine Moss
Thanks Phil, I called him today and left a voicemail.  Osman Dervish has now done a video again stating that these schemes will not go ahead without public support.

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Rastaozzie
BBC Spring Watch - solar farm item

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03xt3zk

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Percy
I still maintain there are at least three mono cultural deserts in the Borough that would make more suitable sites for these farms.At the moment only a few people use these sites and gallons of poison are poured on them to keep real nature at bay.They are the Golf courses near Upminster station ideal as it sits on a south facing hill ideal for solar collection the second near the M25 not far from the proposed Dagnam park site the third near the proposed sand reclamation sites and tips near Wennington.
Little used except by a few to hit balls into holes and easy to access.

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

confused of hornchurch

You can't put one in Upminster, it's Tory controlled and the residents won't tolerate it. Wennington maybe.

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Percy
Surely the Tories will want to be at the forefront of technology.

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Percy the only thing the Tory's are interested in is making money out of this scheme, they couldn't care less about the destruction of Havering's green belt.

They know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Lorraine if I get time today I will email Councillor Ramsey and Dervish and call the entire consultation into question, it is blatantly misleading. The consultation letter refers to the solar park being developed on land "Adjacent" to Dagnam Park, Harold Hill:-

SPLeaf1.jpg

Yet the councils website clearly states this land has been part of the park since January 2014:-

Havering Councils Web Site on Dagnam Park

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Interesting article but no mention of land animals such as deer foxes hedgehogs that inhabit Dagnam park or the fact the solar farm is fenced off for security reasons.
So where are the deer going to go if this hair brained idea takes off?

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

Old Rogers inbox will explode.
If he gets round to answering all his e-mails it'll take him between now and Christmas 2025 if he's still in office.

Re: Please Send Objections Against Proposed Solar Farm In Dagnam Park

I received a response to my objection today.  However, I was not happy with the way that it has been worded.  The public are being told that this is a consultation that will not go ahead with their support:

From: e-mail lorraine.moss2
To: Mark Lowers <mark.lowers@havering.gov.uk>
Date: 31 October 2016 at 20:59
Subject: RE: Proposed Solar Park In Dagnam Park

Dear Mr Lowers

Thank you for prompt response.

I am rather confused by your first paragraph.  You have stated that ;

"Comments we receive will help inform the designs and planning going forward."  However, I was under the impression that I was providing my views as part of a public consultation and this scheme would not proceed without the full support of residents.  This is what was stated in the Romford Recorder article of 6 October.  Cllr Osman Dervish said "“I would urge all residents to contact us with their views on these proposals as we will not proceed without public support”.  Cllr Dervish then appeared in a video that was uploaded to You Tube on 28th and again reassured resident that this proposal would not go ahead without public support.

I am rather alarmed that you are mentioning designs and planning on a proposal that has not yet been agreed?  Why are you not reassuring the residents that this is just a proposal?

I would like to thank you for agreeing to accept multiple objections from this email address.  I want to ensure that as many residents as possible have the opportunity to voice their concerns.

Kind Regards