Plastic Bottles Deposit

OLD CODGER
What a wonder full idea !!!!!!!!!
A case of water £3.49 contains 40 bottles with up to £8.80 deposit on top so do you have to return the bottles to where you buy them.
Just imagine going to another shop for the deposit.if they do not sell the item.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

bellend
we've got a tap in our house.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

Percy
That's the problem I see imagine you are a little corner shop and some one turns up with a car load of Tesco plastic waste how on earth do you deal with it pay for it store it etc. Then how much fuel will be wasted using cars to return waste and how many cars will get fined for parking outside the shop.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

I've got one in my house too, I prefer that fresh water to buying stagnant water in bottles.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

dalek1
Buy a water purifier.
All the fresh water you want from your tap with all the crap removed.
The cartridges cost about £10 quid each and last around three months.
The water where Mummy D1 lives is pretty awful and she'd been buying bottled water since she moved so I bought her one for Christmas and she hasn't bought the bottled stuff since.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

fred
By the time they’ve stopped and thought it through won’t be happening any time soon,as has been said on here how does the corner shop deal with it?,like every house having a charging point,sounds good,reality something different.The soppy politicos can’t even get smart? meters into our homes in the time frame they stated.
Just a thought,but maybe if we had efficient recycling facilities the problem would be solved,not beyond the wit of man I would have thought.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

I don't mind a bit of sediment, I find the lime scale an additional source of nutrients, it reminds me of the sediment at the bottom of a bottle of red buzbag.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

fred
Used to drink in The Greyhound in Dulwich Village occasionally the fella that ran it would not let you pour a Worthington White Shield due to the sediment in the bottom of the bottle.One of the few things I miss from Souf London that and the Hermits Cave Whitbread Pub on Camberwell Church St 2 proper Pubs with good cellars.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

In Barking they have started installing charging points in streets the problem in the streets I have seen is that they are already full and will the petrol cars leave the bays free for electric cars.The streets chosen are not a place I would choose to park and there is no reason to go there no café no entertainment etc you would have to go there hope it works plug in and sit there for hours until the vehicle is charged.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

Its a brilliant concept and for once in his useless life Michael Gove has done something positive.
Think about it in theory it could mean extra funding for schools hospitals and on the home front will encourage kids in particular to not chuck bottles etc on the pavements as they know they'll get a few bob back on each one.
The logistics are something very different.
In theory a solid plastic bottle such as a milk bottle or some of the stronger ones can easily be re-used and cut down on costs for any drinking suppliers but here's the reality.
Coca cola 500ml bottles are a totally different shape  from Pepsi cola so one couldn't be used by the other.
Then there are all different shape and size packaging for other products usually designed to reflect the companies own corporate image.
Also how do you prove if returning bottles to a particular retailer that you bought them from that store?
The only way is unique brands from that particular outlet.
Yes in theory good idea in practise not so sure.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

Er whats buzbag?

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

You could employ the Homeless to collect discarded bottles take them to the banks and pay for their space on the hostel floors at night. It works in America.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

dalek1
Yeah why not?
If people on low incomes or  unemployed could even top up there incomes or even eak out a living by collecting plastic bottles.
The potential of such a scheme if it works is endless.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

fred
Probably a non starter,the loony left luvvies will shout it down as demeaning,H and S issues or some other PC claptrap rather than take the positives out of it.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

It's a Turkish red wine. Some of the cheaper bottles do not travel so well.

It goes down well, but overdo it and it also comes up well.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

dalek1
Sounds like Buckfast wine to me.
Much loved by Glasgow Catholics so a few Scots pals of mine told me.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

You watch yourself with that stuff mate especially with your medication.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

No they wont.
They want to be seen to have environmental credentials!

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

One of pleasures of this forum ask a question and somebody will have a definitive answer.
It doesn’t seem to have percolated down to CW yet who seems rather slow and tardy in answering questions put in good faith by fellow posters.

Re: Plastic Bottles Deposit

Yeah a nice issue to twist themselves on