Phantom fly-tipper strikes again.

Re: Phantom fly-tipper strikes again.

dalek1
But garbage is still being dumped in the same area.
Prevention is better than cure so why aren't our illustrious council putting in cctv so we catch this mob red handed?

Re: Phantom fly-tipper strikes again.

confused of hornchurch

Call for Cllr Dervish. (or is he more interested in the solar farm)

Nuisance fly-tippers block Upminster lane with tonnes of rubbish yet again

16:17 11 November 2016

Ryan Tute  (Romford Recorder)

Tonnes of rubbish blocked the lane on Wednesday.

Mountains of rubbish has been dumped once again at a notorious spot for fly-tips.

A picture uploaded on social media shows the vast amount of waste left by pesky fly-tippers in Little Gerpins Lane, Upminster.

It is believed the debris was left in the road on Wednesday and blocked any access cars had of passing through.

The lane has been consistently targeted by fly-tippers with the Recorder reporting back in September how three fly-tips in the space of a month cost the taxpayer an estimated £30,000 to remove.

Havering Council has been contacted for a response.

Re: Phantom fly-tipper strikes again.

Percy
It would cost very little to put cameras on trees and posts along that road and record to sd cards.

Re: Phantom fly-tipper strikes again.

dalek1
So why wont they do it?
Totally agree Perc that's the obvious solution to the problem.
Is there another reason perhaps the contractor and a few brown envelopes and maybe the fly tippers themselves have a little cosy arrangement.
I doubt we will be told!

they only need those cameras they use for taking pictures of animals at night like we see on tv.I have one on my front wall it only cost £40.

Re: Phantom fly-tipper strikes again.

dalek1
Oh yes Perc you might have a spare £40 in your piggy bank but we are talking about our beloved council here and after all the poor dears don't have two beans to rub together and lets face it have spent all their photographic budget on body cameras for the little diddms who issue parking tickets but only when someone challenges them for illegal activities and not for the whole of their shifts.
Forty quid to save ten grand a pop to get clearance contractors out.
Bargain if ever there was one.

They have lots of money to buy farmland to turn into solar parks.

Re: Phantom fly-tipper strikes again.

confused of hornchurch

Perhaps Cllr Dervish can look into this as well?

Perhaps we can get a discount if we get multiple tips cleared by the same firm?

Clean-up continues after travellers leave behind huge amounts of waste at Rainham Marshes

11:14 14 November 2016

Ryan Tute  (Romford Recorder)

Mounds of rubbish left at Rainham Marshes. Picture: @ChrisCorrigan3.

“Irresponsible” travellers have been slammed after they left mountains of waste at the picturesque Rainham Marshes.

The trespassing group have now left but the clean-up mission continues after a commercial skip full of debris, mounds of building waste, large bundles of clothing and an estimated 2000 shoes were left behind.

The huge of amount of waste was spotted at RSPB Rainham Marshes on Friday, the latest in a series of fly-tip incidents at nature reserves.

Staff the reserve are now trying to trace the skip owners and have consulted clothing recycling centres to seek quotes for removing the rest.

A RSPB spokesman said: “It’s irresponsible, selfish and symptomatic of our times where people either disregard the impacts of their actions or consider wild places as being of no value.

“Not only does it force us to spend supporters money on clean-ups, it often contaminates the ground or poses hazards to wildlife.

“Our precious green, brown and blue spaces are the places which keep our environment and wildlife going.

“We’re appealing for information to help us trace the sources of this dumped material and appeal to others to ensure waste is properly managed and disposed of.”

Just a point connie I believe this site is not council land and is either owned or leased to the RSPB.
Unlike this useless administration they'll have them in court double quick if they catch them.

Re: Phantom fly-tipper strikes again.

confused of hornchurch

Point taken. I notice however that Havering Council has still not made any comment about the latest fly tip in Gerpins lane although they were approached by the Recorder for a comment.

Re: Phantom fly-tipper strikes again.

Still no comment from our wonderful administration.
Well the big question is why has this happened again.
The forth time since September same area and what have they done to catch the culprits.
Answer bugger all same as last time.

I know some one happy to patrol that area at night for less than the 30 grand spent so far.

No they wont do that Perc.
Their cash strapped after all.

Re: Phantom fly-tipper strikes again.

dalek1
Or are they cash strapped?

‘Reckless’ drivers could face £130 fines as fixed cameras are installed in 11 locations by the council

A clampdown on “reckless” drivers is underway as new cameras are installed to target drivers who flout road safety regulations.

From yesterday, Havering Council began enforcement of moving traffic contraventions and those driving in bus lanes or making banned turns could be liable for a £130 fine.

Cameras have been installed covering bus lanes in Straight Road, Harold Hill and London Road, Romford, and a banned right turn in Western Road Romford, by the entrance to the Asda loading bay.

Other locations including the bus lane in North Street, Romford and the banned right turn into Cedar Road from North Street, Romford, will be added to the scheme shortly.

Drivers making banned turns or driving in bus lanes during restricted hours will receive a £130 penalty; however there is a 50 per cent discount period if the charge is paid within 14 days.

Cllr Osman Dervish, cabinet member for Environment and Community Safety said: “We have a legal duty to work to keep the traffic moving on our streets and to keep the public safe.

“By using these cameras, we can free up the police to concentrate on combatting crime, help buses keep to timetable, and stop reckless drivers ignoring no right turn signs.

“This scheme is to ease congestion and keep people safe. It’s not about raising revenue for the council which is why we have decided not to use these cameras to enforce yellow box junctions.”

Well how amazing is this.
Gerpins lane has had several fly tipping incidents costing the taxpayers of the borough £10'000 a pop and cctv would catch them in the act.
Yet they place cctv in bus lanes.
I'm sure all Dervish gives a toss about is here's another honey trap get the tills opening boys.

Re: Phantom fly-tipper strikes again.

bellend
that's just for plebs, those in the know just have a quiet word.

Big pile of Rubbish dumped in Berwick pond road near the Berwick manor in front of field gates.

Did they get it on camera?

Course not Connie they're busy catching the poor sod who's back wheel touched the bus lane by one inch.
Catching fly tippers nah not enough cash in that one!

Re: Phantom fly-tipper strikes again.

confused of hornchurch

Oh well, I suppose they're not interested in fly-tipping, only if it gets tipped in a bus lane or the offender makes an illegal right turn?

Re: Phantom fly-tipper strikes again.

GAZZER
I hate bus lanes!! I like tipping over when I am well inebriated but then Im just a common day bandit.
Sirs! If you see me walking down the street walk on by lol .