Petitions.

GAZZER
Sign this petition to restrict Bulgarian and Romanians from entering the UK

http://epetitions.direct.gov.u...

Petition is over 60,000! at 100,000 it goes to Parliament

Re: Petitions.

Romfordian
Hi gazzer tried the link it didn't take me to the pettition have you another link?
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Petitions.

GAZZER
Hi Romfordian,

Hmm that's strange just tried it and it don't seem to work-I will go find it again.

Re: Petitions.

Try this one..

HM Government e-petitions  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/

Re: Petitions.

Romfordian
Yep that one found it
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Petitions.

Ho-Hum
I've done what I consider my duty and signed.

Re: Petitions.

In five short years-some 28,000 Romanians have been arrested in London for serious crimes, including violent and sex crimes. Almost 35,000 Poles have been arrested over the same period of time.

With more migrants 'due' from Romania from January next year, these figures can only rise.

From January, the country's 21million inhabitants, along with 7 million Bulgarians, will obtain free access to Britain, which could lead to 50,000 arrivals every year for the first five years - the equivalent of a city the size of Newcastle.

Following a Freedom of Information request, it has been revealed that Romanians come second in the list of foreign nationals arrested by police for serious crimes.

That puts it second only to Poland in the list of most arrested foreign nationals.

Since 2008, 27,725 Romanian citizens have been held for serious offences in London. That included 10 for murder, 142 for rape and 666 for other sex offences.

A total of 34,905 Poles have been detained by the London police force since 2008, including 84 for murder.

The arrests cover serious criminal offences including murder, rape, burglary, robbery, violent offences and sexual assaults. And of course, we know that few of the arrests will end in prosecution or conviction.

The top ten countries of origin for foreign suspects are: Poland, Romania, Lithuania, Nigeria, India, Jamaica, Ireland, Somalia, Portugal and Pakistan