Peaceful Protest Against Tri Borough Policing, Wednesday 13 Sept @Havering Town Hall

Lorraine Moss

I think we have all had enough. Tri Borough Policing is a total failure and has resulted in a substantial increase in crime across all of Havering. It is time for all of Havering to unite. Please come and take part in this peaceful protest outside the Town Hall.

If you are on facebook, please join "Havering Safe Streets"

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Tri Borough Policing, Wednesday 13 Sept @Havering Town Hall

Percy
Will it be the usual 10 coming.

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Tri Borough Policing, Wednesday 13 Sept @Havering Town Hall

Yellow Advertiser front page.

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk//launch.aspx?bypass=true&eid=788c5e3b-ce71-4a91-a12b-4d3c04dfeda9

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Tri Borough Policing, Wednesday 13 Sept @Havering Town Hall

confused of hornchurch

Policing facing a 'perfect storm' due to budget cuts and rising crime
5 hours ago

Policing in England and Wales is facing a "perfect storm" due to staff shortages and rising crime, a senior police chief is expected to say.
Policing services are routinely based on fewer people working more hours and days, Ch Supt Gavin Thomas will warn.
The president of the Police Superintendents' Association of England and Wales will say such a model is "fundamentally flawed".
He is due to deliver a speech at the group's annual conference on Monday.
Ch Supt Thomas will say: "I suggest we have a perfect storm developing, comprised of fewer resources, reduced public services, new threats, and a worrying increase in some types of traditional crime.
"If the model for delivering policing services in the future is fewer people, working longer, each doing ever more, then I suggest that model is fundamentally flawed."
'Unacceptable'
Ch Supt Thomas will tell Home Office minister Nick Hurd that demands on policing services have demonstrated a "clear case for an open and transparent debate and review".
"Otherwise we are being driven not by the need to provide the best possible policing service that meets the needs of the public, but primarily by the need to save money," he will add.

Ch Supt Thomas was elected president of the association in 2016
His warning comes after a survey of the association's members found that 27% of the 900 who responded thought they had enough resources to do their job properly.
Half said they had experienced symptoms of anxiety and a quarter signs of depression.
The association is calling for measures to be introduced to improve the health and wellbeing of superintending ranks and the wider service.

Inthe 70s the stress was much the same but the solution was alcohol.Most police officers I knew drank a lot and were invariably divorced or in unsuitable relationships.I suspect the modern Police officer is suffering depression or post traumatic stress.

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Tri Borough Policing, Wednesday 13 Sept @Havering Town Hall

fred
I'd be depressed with Lezzie Lil and some of the other PC pr..cks in charge of the Met at present

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Tri Borough Policing, Wednesday 13 Sept @Havering Town Hall

confused of hornchurch

It's certainly not a career for the faint-hearted, the lower ranks must sometimes feel that they are banging their heads against a wall.

The same goes for the fire service, they tolerated cuts in manpower and equipment because "we don't have so many fires anymore". The Grenfell Tower inferno must surely have focused some minds. (or maybe not)

Emergency services are an insurance policy we all hope we never need, but a policy worth paying.

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Tri Borough Policing, Wednesday 13 Sept @Havering Town Hall

fred
Quite

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Tri Borough Policing, Wednesday 13 Sept @Havering Town Hall

We should thank those people that do take on these type of jobs.Police Fire and Ambulance.Support them not vilify them.Give them any support we can.This meeting proposed should really be a celebration of those that work for us and ask them what they need.

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Tri Borough Policing, Wednesday 13 Sept @Havering Town Hall

Percy
So which one are we going to the town hall or the Salvation army.

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Tri Borough Policing, Wednesday 13 Sept @Havering Town Hall

dalek1
Er simple logic would say switch from the town hall to the Salvation army citadel.
If thats where the old bill will be then thats where the protesters should turn up.
Having said that then the old bill might turn up in force to move along peaceful protesters.
Nothing succeeds like political policing.

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Tri Borough Policing, Wednesday 13 Sept @Havering Town Hall

Percy
There will not be enough space at the Citadel if hundreds turn up at the town hall old bill will soon turn up.
Revolutions are always verbose.