Peaceful Protest Against Multi Faith Cemetery At Land Adj To Maylands Golf Course Harold Hill

Peaceful Protest Against Multi Faith Cemetery At Land Adj To Maylands Golf Course Harold Hill

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Mult Faith Cemetery At Land Adj To Maylands Golf Course Harold Hill

Lorraine Moss
Please also sign the petition https://www.change.org/p/the-secretary-of-state-we-oppose-the-proposed-cemetery-at-land-adj-to-maylands-golf-course-harold-hill

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Mult Faith Cemetery At Land Adj To Maylands Golf Course Harold Hill

Lorraine Moss
The speech I made at todays hearing;

I would like to thank you for allowing me to speak at this appeal hearing. My name is Lorraine Moss and together with my colleague Jan Sargent, we started an online petition against this proposal. We are both local campaigners and were recently part of the campaign team that led to the plans to site a Solar Farm in Dagnam Park to be abandoned.
I am speaking on behalf of local residents as I feel that their views must be taken into consideration when the decision is made regarding this proposal.

The proposed site is greenbelt land and the reason why it was refused planning permission is because it is deemed to be inappropriate use. The applicant failed to convince the planning committee that it satisfied the special circumstances rule. Additionally, the proposed structures, burial areas, hard standings and car park would result in significant harm to natural appearance and character of The Havering ridge area special character and to the visual amenities of the Green Belt.

Looking at the planning history of the site, in 2008 an application to extend the golf course by 9 holes was refused and a previous application for a burial ground was refused in 2015. The plans for the extension for the golf course was refused due to the following reasons;
1. The proposal, by reason of the total number of vehicles entering and leaving the site during construction, would have an adverse impact upon the free and safe flow of traffic on the A12 Colchester Road, to the detriment of highway safety, contrary to Policy DC32 of the Core Strategy and Development Control Policies Submission Development Plan Document.
2. The proposal, by reason of the extent of land take within the Ingrebourne Valley Site of Metropolitan Importance for Nature Conservation and the volume of inert material proposed to be imported to remodel the landscape, would have a prejudicial and unjustified impact upon the biodiversity of the site, contrary to Policies ENV7 of the Havering Unitary Development Plan, Policies CP15, CP16, DC58 and DC59 of the Core Strategy and Development Control Policies Submission Development Plan Document, Policy 3D.14 of The London Plan and Planning Policy Statement 9 �Biodiversity and Geological Conservation�.
3. The proposal, by reason of the extensive physical remodelling of the site through material importation and ground level changes, would have a significant visual impact, to the detriment of the character, appearance and openness of the Metropolitan Green Belt, contrary to Policies DC46 of the Core Strategy and Development Control Policies Submission Development Plan Document, Policy 3D.9 of The London Plan and Planning Policy Guidance Note 2 �Green Belts�

The applicants for the extension of the Golf course  did appeal this decision but the appeal was refused,
I note that in the report of Mr John Paul Friend prepared on behalf of the appellant  for this proposal of a burial ground he states in 4.7 of his report;
"The Core Strategy does not define what the special character of the Havering Ridge is. There is no guidance given in terms of views to be considered into or out of the area. It seems that the Havering Ridge special character area is a local level designation, but no further advice is given".

In Havering's Heritage Supplementary Planning Document which was adopted in 2011 it states on page 9:
"These are areas which, whilst not Conservation Areas, have a special and unique character which adds to the townscape and landscape quality of Havering. Emerson Park, Hall Lane, Gidea Park Character Area and Havering Ridge have been identified as being of special townscape or landscape character and additional policies and guidance apply to these areas". However, it is clearly evident that a six foot perimeter fence will severely damage the visual aspect and take away the openness of this land.

We the residents of Havering are very proud of our green and beautiful borough and we fail to see why it should be compromised and used as a solution for inner London's problems. The applicants for the Oak Farm cemetery in Harold Wood, which is directly opposite to the site that we are gathered here today to discuss and on the east bound section of the A12, were successful in their appeal .so in reality the line should now be drawn due to the fact that Havering has sufficient land for burials for the next 31 years and has assisted albeit not by choice in providing extra burial places for people of the Muslim faith. This decision should under no circumstances be cited as a reason for approval for this proposal.

Tom Mccarthy of Havering Council in his proof of evidence does highlight that there are a number of material differences with regard to the Oak farm proposal and this appeal. One of which being as the Oak Farm site is just for people of the Muslim faith, there would not be any upstanding headstones. It would appear that this proposal is multi faith so therefore there would be. Additionally, Oak Farm does not form part of the Havering Ridge area.

Another very important factor that must be taken into consideration is the additional traffic that will be caused if this proposal is accepted. Back in 2002 an article from the Independent newspaper in 2002 stated with regard to dangerous roads "some of the worst urban roads are the A12 from Romford to the M25." It has become considerably more busy since the time of the article. There will also be additional traffic due to the appeal for the Oak Farm Cemetery appeal being granted. There is already planned work on the Brook Street Roundabout on the M25 and this will have a massive impact on this area, If this appeal is granted it will result in a great loss to the public of such a vast area. It will also have an adverse affect on the wildlife and the environment.

I asked residents to highlight their particular concerns via a local community group page on Face Book entitled "The Harold Hill Hub
. Mrs Jan Vanessa Black stated:
The stretch of road from the lights at Petersfield Ave to Brook St has always been a problem with accidents traffic jams up to Junc 28.The other side of the road which has won the appeal will cause just as many problems. Also this is the last bit of our heritage of our open space in LBH.A burial ground will only cater for people from Tower Hamlets and Redbridge thus using the M25 and A12 from London. We use Corbels Tey and Herongate Wood. The burial ground will be completely closed off for security, hard standing over the area for cars and buildings so this cannot be classed as an open space. My Son in Woodstock Avenue has to walk down the garden through my house borrow my car just to get to Brentwood to take the Children to School as the traffic jams are sometimes impossible. If you are coming up the A12 to get onto the M25 its sometimes a nightmare. Moving the deer they won't care much about. But saying that the wild life there is abundant but believe me its boggy I have ridden my Horse over there in the past and take my dog over there so I can honestly say it's a flood plain with a river at the bottom running to the other side of the A12 They should leave this land alone !"

Mr David John Gabriel stated;
our biggest problem here is traffic sometimes it can take 2-3 hrs just to get from Woodstock Avenue to brook st round about and back down the A12 to opposite Woodstock Avenue and this proposal will only make things worse.

Mrs Black has raised another serious concern with regard to the fact that the area will be closed off and the public will no longer be able to enjoy this beautiful open space and instead they will only have restricted access. We are also concerned about the impact this will have on the Deer who currently have access to the proposed site. I have been told that it has even be suggested at a previous meeting that if any Deer do end up on the site, they will be destroyed !!
Another concern raised by residents is that concreting over part of this land could lead to increased risk of flooding to the A12 and M25. There is a river that runs through the Golf course to Maylands field.

In view of all of the points raised, I would like to request that this appeal is dismissed and that the people of Havering are able to continue to enjoy this land as one of openness free from a multitude of structures and buildings and a haven for wildlife, which, after all is one of the primary aims set out in the status of the Green Belt.

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Mult Faith Cemetery At Land Adj To Maylands Golf Course Harold Hill

Lorraine Moss
Fantastic news, we won, appeal has been dismissed.

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Mult Faith Cemetery At Land Adj To Maylands Golf Course Harold Hill

GAZZER
Hot diggidy dog Mossy -you and that Jan Bird done superb-sensational- fanGazzstic-who loves ya baby lol x

Hmmm gis a job xx

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Mult Faith Cemetery At Land Adj To Maylands Golf Course Harold Hill

dalek1
Do you wait up all night waiting for Mossy to post GAZZER?

Re: Peaceful Protest Against Mult Faith Cemetery At Land Adj To Maylands Golf Course Harold Hill

GAZZER
Hmmm not at all Mr D!!! However I do wait up all frigging night for the waxing of the full Moon ahh a great time of werewolffury spells and incantations I love it. Indeed contrary to that, this one time I did wait up all frigging night until my bad arse werewolf shit left and I returned to my humanity-hmmm that statement is a contradiction in terms eh.

Anyway I don't give a badgers bum-However I hope your well and not too claustrophobic dwelling in that strange little vehicle.

Why did God make snails??-I have pondered this all day.