Paradise Papers

confused of hornchurch

Paradise Papers: Tax haven secrets of ultra-rich exposed
By Paradise Papers reporting team
BBC Panorama
1 hour ago
From the section
UK

The leaks show about £10m of the Queen's private money was invested offshore
A huge new leak of financial documents has revealed how the powerful and ultra-wealthy, including the Queen's private estate, secretly invest vast amounts of cash in offshore tax havens.
Donald Trump's commerce secretary is shown to have a stake in a firm dealing with Russians sanctioned by the US.
The leak, dubbed the Paradise Papers, contains 13.4m documents, mostly from one leading firm in offshore finance.
BBC Panorama is part of nearly 100 media groups investigating the papers.
As with last year's Panama Papers leak, the documents were obtained by the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung, which called in the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) to oversee the investigation. The Guardian is among the nearly 100 media partners involved in investigating the documents.
Follow the latest reaction here
Sunday's revelations form only a small part of a week of disclosures that will expose the tax and financial affairs of some of the hundreds of people and companies named in the data, some with strong UK connections.
Many of the stories focus on how politicians, multinationals, celebrities and high-net-worth individuals use complex structures of trusts, foundations and shell companies to protect their cash from tax officials or hide their dealings behind a veil of secrecy.

Re: Paradise Papers

fred
And if l won the Lottery l would be one of them.pissed off giving my taxes to immigrants and layabouts.

Re: Paradise Papers

Ho-Hum
That's just what the Queen said Fred.

Re: Paradise Papers

fred
Like that.

Re: Paradise Papers

I keep my fortune well hidden in a biscuit tin in the shed. Next to the emergency bottle of whisky.

Re: Paradise Papers

dalek1
You might as well leave your dosh in a buscuit tin in your shed Michael.
Its better than sticking in a bank to earn bugger all interest!

Re: Paradise Papers

One of the interesting aspects of this affair, so far, is the official response about Liz (aka HM The Queen). Usually she's depicted by the usual arse-lickers as a savvy woman, in command of all her business affairs and all the affairs of state. Now that the shit has hit the fan, we're supposed to believe that Liz knew fuck all about where her millions have been invested. Quite a shift in perspective. Her loyal subjects will no doubt form their own opinions about the woman.

Re: Paradise Papers

bellend
mrs browns tax dodgers, we ain't laughing now are we.

Re: Paradise Papers

Can someone tell me what any of these people have done that is not permissible under current tax laws....

Re: Paradise Papers

confused of hornchurch

Nothing. It's the tax laws that are wrong.

Re: Paradise Papers

This story is on the front page of every newspaper and the lead story on every news bulletin and it is telling the world about a group of very wealthy companies and individuals that have done nothing wrong.....

Has this "fake news" story broke at this time to distract you from BREXIT and Sexminster.........

Re: Paradise Papers

confused of hornchurch

Quite likely, look what these naughty people are doing, don't worry about us MP's.

Re: Paradise Papers

yes it's just not cricket. there I've said it.

Re: Paradise Papers

The only people to blame are those who won't fix the loopholes.  So why won't they?  Think we all might know the answer to that, eh?

Ok, moral compass?  We should all police ourselves, right?

However, when a legal carrot is dangled beneath one's nose saying take a bite the wicked deed will be done.

There is no point the government or public taking the moral high ground while those with the cement and trowel refuse to do the repair work.

Re: Paradise Papers

fred
Spot on post cock.

Re: Paradise Papers

85% of all the wealth on this planet is in the hands of less than 1% of the earths population.

The fall out of corporate greed will be massive, still who cares, we've seen it all before.

Only the redistribution of wealth will prevent another Adolf Hitler, if one already hasn't been placed in power.

Re: Paradise Papers

Has anyone thought about these tax dodgers and what it cost them to sidestep paying their dues?
In order to save a few quid they have to employ an army of lawyers accountants a few brownies in the right direction to turn a blind eye here there and everywhere etc etc.
Once they coughed up all these fees are they really that much better off?

Re: Paradise Papers

Talking of such things in the old Soviet Union and in some of the communist countries the state controls virtually everything.
An old work colleague of mine referred to communism as fanatical capitalism where a free market is totally under the control of the government.
Not much different if you think about it than a few holding 85% of the worlds wealth.

Re: Paradise Papers

Percy
The rich will not willingly give up their riches real democracy can never come from the ballot box.

Re: Paradise Papers

They are not saving a few quid they are saving billions. I dont see them as "tax dodgers" the system is set up for tax avoidance, they are doing nothing wrong.