Our dying world.

GAZZER
I am sitting here pondering the fate of the young- those generations that will follow me, as the world dies through pollution-mans greed-and over population-and wars, what will they inherit.

The  Indians of America lived a fated life in touch with nature-living happily, living in harmony with there natural world for thousands of years-population regulated by nature.

Within one hundred years after European colonisation- we had nearly wiped out the buffalo -polluted most rivers-hunted indigenous animals to extinction for there fur-concreted over vast tracks of countryside. Also exterminating the indigenous people without care or conscience-all in the name of greed.

For this planet to survive we need to limit population-I suggest that a drug be given to 90% of the male population of earth which will create infertility-then perhaps over a period of a hundred years mankind will ease its burden on nature and this planets dwindling resources.

And the whirlwind of natures death will be abated and this precious world recover-AND THE FUTURE OF MANKIND ASSURED.

Re: Our dying world.

confused of hornchurch

"The  Indians of America lived a fated life in touch with nature-living happily, living in harmony with their natural world for thousands of years-population regulated by nature".

Bloody hell Gazzer I'm getting so stimulated I just might orgasm.

Question 1
Of course they did, so what made anybody else assume they had the right to take that idyllic world away from them?

Question two
I only had a state school education, (but that does not necessarily make me a moron), BUT, I still suffer confusion.
You say, " Thousands of years-population regulated by nature, (that sounds nice too).

So why do our arrogant half-baked politicians assume they have the power to re-shape the globe?
This world has been spinning for millions of years without intervention from the likes of  Cameron, Blair and Clegg. Are they more intelligent than the creator of life itself?

Question three
How much for another ounce of that weed?    You were correct, I needed to change the medication, the stuff I got on prescription was fogging my brain and making me docile.

Question four

How long have I got before nature intervenes?

There is no pre-set time limit for this quiz.

Re: Our dying world.

GAZZER
Haaaa-I am a bit puffed up at the moment confused-listening to wiccan chants-however I will answered all your Qs within a year or two.

Vote GAZZER and I will make Moroccan Black FREEEEEEE on prescription

Re: Our dying world.

Percy.
Any thing would be better than this dead and alive existence.Things just drifting along to economic collapse and everywhere a feeling of hopelessness and depression if only we could do something worthwhile.

The romantic anti-capitalism … of their elders isn’t good enough for the Modernist Generation, who dismiss 19th-century utopianism as a quietist longing for a mythical — often neo-medieval — golden age. Instead of looking backward nostalgically (i.e., retrogressively), utopian Modernists discovered and invented what Van Wyck Brooks (born in ’86) called a “usable past.”

Re: Our dying world.

GAZZER
Hmm Percy first sentence ok-next sentence has no relevance to the thread.

have you ever worn a brown ear length head piece (wig) only you look familiar!!

Re: Our dying world.

Yes, maybe we could elect a politician that would solve all of our problems?

Sorry love what was that?

Hang on again I'm getting confused. What did you say, oh alright I'll come to bed.

Oh no, here it comes again, where can I find a politician that I can trust?

Gotta go I'm forgetting the wife is at work as well, I guess it's the only way we can pay the mortgage what with the price of petrol do you know what I mean.

I'd rather she was out in the park with the kids on a Saturday morning, do you know what I mean, you know chillax a bit now and again, wouldn't that be nice? Otherwise we will get completely frazzled, a family life is so important!

Sh-t some bugger has nicked the wheels off my car, I'll report it in the morning down the local nick, what do you mean, we don't have a local nick, don't be so daft, what with all the crime going on, what nut case w'ould shut the police station, it's vital to the safety of the community. Still better not argue with her, Im off to bed now i'll nip up there and report it in the morning, police station closed, no way, that's too damn ridiculous, Especially after the riots. Nite nite, i'll see you tomorrow, i'm off to get a good night's rest.  S--t I bet that's gonna put my insurance premium up.

Sh-t some bugger has nicked the wheels off my car, I'll report it in the morning down the local nick, what do you mean, we don't have a local nick, don't be so daft, what with all the crime going on, what nut case w'ould shut the police station, it's vital to the safety of the community. Still better not argue with her, Im off to bed now i'll nip up there and report it in the morning, police station closed, no way, that's too damn ridiculous, Especially after the riots. Nite nite, i'll see you tomorrow, i'm off to get a good night's rest.  S--t I bet that's gonna put my insurance premium up.

Re: Our dying world.

confused of hornchurch
It's happening again, I'm confused.

Re: Our dying world.

GAZZER
good grief man so am I now....

Re: Our dying world.

Percy.
Yes Gazza my second sentence is relevant to this post as you were looking at the past of the North Americans.I was pointing out that many times before politics and society has run off course by looking at some mythical past and romanticising it.
If you look to the past for your solutions you must look at the practical solutions found for every day life and apply them to the now.Its called a usable past.It has been tried several times by people trying to start new parties but is usually denied airing by the press who inevitably call it fascist or communist to demonize it and prevent change to the status quo.
This country is not ready for that sort of change while people are happy not to take responsibility for them selves and live under the yoke of paternalism that prevails.

Re: Our dying world.

GAZZER
In essence, Human beings follow the same life patterns as there ancient ancestors/ predecessor, there is nothing mythical about that- Human animals have certain functions which will never change-eg food-water-warmth-procreation etc.

We only need the simplest of things to live and in bygone ages people understood that, far better than we do today-they lived in harmony with nature there population dictated by nature.

The ideology of "usable past" Theorises that we can use past human behaviour patterns-discoveries-mistakes and apply them to todays society.

In part I agree-however my argument is that firstly we must depopulate the planet-secondly work closely with nature-thirdly preserve and nurture nature, technology must only be used in the pursuit of the above.

The American Indians are just an example of people surviving successful for perhaps hundreds of thousand of years-who loved there way of life and wish they could get it back again, forfeiting there 4 wheel drives for the horse- giving up there air conditioned houses for the tepee.

Certainly we must look to the past to guarantee our future but not use bits of it- I suggest returning to it completely-the template may even be as far back as say 5000 years perhaps further.

Re: Our dying world.

Check this out percy..

Ancient Britain was Hargrave’s “usable past” which he employed in his syndicalist approach to democracy. Unlike his romantic elders, he expressed the agency of mankind in pseudo-scientific terms. “The history of the human race is truly the history of ideas, and it would be possible to record the development of mankind as the work of a) individual idea-generators and b) group idea-carriers.” There is a biological metaphor at work here, in which the mass of men is infected by new ideas carried into their midst. More of a slow and evolutionary process than a revolution. (Revolutions smacked of Bolshevism.) Envisaging himself as an idea-generator and the Kindred as idea-carriers, he anticipates Richard Dawkins theory of memes, in which ideas propagate like genes using our minds as temporary hosts.

Thought I had heard it all somewhere before lol.

Re: Our dying world.

Percy.
Yes the Kindred of the Kibbo Kift a society based on the doctrines used by the Hitler youth and a reaction against the militarist scouts run by Baden Powell.
Your idea of getting back to natural selection is a credible one and could be employed in this country by making the Hospitals and GPs simply a pain relief service.They would not intervene to cure illness or indulge in fertility treatments or invitero fertilisation.
If you did not get better on your own you would die and if you could not produce children naturally your genes would die out.
It would need a total reeducation and starting with a society for young people doing natural things like camping and living in the open air exercising and looking to the ideal human.
Weak or ill people would simply not be able to keep up with the fit.
ooh where have we heard this before.

Re: Our dying world.

GAZZER
Hmmm in my minds eye I contemplate the solution to stemming the worlds population could be a painless and humane one-as I have previously stated scientist could prepare a drug that's only effect would be to render males infertile.

There would be no culling of the populace, and it would obviously have the ultimate effect of reducing world population to around about a Billion or maybe less. When the sustainable levels of humankind are reached then other contraceptive controls may need to be put in place.

All this may take a couple of hundred years-but hey if we don't take some action soon then devastating world wars may do the job anyway including annihilating and depleting the planets Natural resources.

Fertility treatments should be stopped immediately.

Re: Our dying world.

Percy.
Dont worry Mother ghaia will soon take over a plague is due soon. One in four chinese already die young of cancer.
Remember the Dinosaurs were top of the food chain for 230 million years we have only been top for less than 50 thousand years nature knows best.

Re: Our dying world.

GAZZER
There have been many plagues-even in modern history plagues have nearly wiped out humans-however unlike creatures of pre-history we are the ultimate adaptable VIRUS  we will only die when we have exhausted our environment-killed our host and food chain.

Then the true owners of the Earth will emerge once again and they are called plant life.

Re: Our dying world.

GAZZER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CNApcyzaY60