Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Phil Wailing

Utterly unbelievable.

Nadine Dorries the Conservative MP has Tweeted she allows staff and foreign exchange students to log onto her House of Commons computer every day!

Unbelievable.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

fred
BBC a?wonder why?
As regards the Honerable? Member perhaps she has parental control switched on,meanwhile Jimmy Savile is still dead.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

She may be taking the piss. If she's serious, it's disturbing because she's allowing all and sundry to access personal data on her HoC computer. Possibly security-sensitive data. I've worked for, and freelanced with, many organisations (public and private sector) and all have the same sorts of regulations about use of their IT - e.g., it's an offence to let other people have access to your computer, never disclose your password, and so on. ND is a Tory arse-licker and therefore bound to support Damian Green. The picture she paints of the HoC is of a hopelessly naive and amateur set-up as regards IT and cyber-security. Her tweet raises more questions than it answers. Even more headaches for May.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

fred
Quite

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

confused of hornchurch

Claim and counter-claim.

Ex-police chief Bob Quick threatens to sue Damian Green in porn row

Chloe Chaplain
24 minutes ago

The Evening Standard

Row: Bob Quick (left) said he is considering legal action against Damian Green PA
ES News Email

Former Met Police chief Bob Quick said he is considering taking legal action against Damian Green after the politician accused him of lying about pornography allegedly found on his Westminster office computer.
Mr Quick condemned what he described as “deeply hurtful” attempts to discredit him and called on Mr Green publicly to retract allegations that he had lied about the "vast amount" of material discovered.
In a statement released by his solicitors, he insisted that "everything I have said is accurate, in good faith and in the firm belief that I have acted in the public interest."

Mr Green, the First Secretary of State and effectively Theresa May’s deputy, has flatly denied claims he used his personal computer to downloaded or watched porn.

Green: The first secretary is facing an inquiry (PA)
Mr Green has not yet responded to Mr Quick's latest statement.
The MP, who is also under investigation over claims of inappropriate behaviour towards a woman Conservative activist, is subject to a Cabinet inquiry.

Mr Quick, the former assistant commissioner, oversaw a raid on Mr Green's Westminster office in 2008 when the pornography is said to have been found.
He said officers involved in the raid reported to him that internet history logs indicated the pornographic material on Mr Green's computer had been viewed "prolifically and in working hours".

Damian Green's computer had 'thousands' of explicit images on it, says ex-Scotland Yard detective
When an inquiry was launched last month into allegations that Mr Green behaved inappropriately towards a young female activist, he contacted Cabinet Office director general for propriety and ethics Sue Gray to inform her of what had been discovered.
Mr Quick repeated his denial that he was the source for a Sunday Times report shortly afterwards which suggested that the material found on Mr Green's computer was "extreme".
Bob Quick's statement in full
"Damian Green called me a liar in the statement he tweeted on 4 November 2017. That is completely untrue. Everything I have said is accurate, in good faith, and in the firm belief that I have acted in the public interest.
During an investigation of his Parliamentary office in 2008, it was reported to me and to other senior officers that a vast amount of pornography was discovered on the computer in Damian Green's Parliamentary office, on his account. I was told that internet history data logs indicated that the material had been viewed prolifically and in working hours.
I recommended that the issue be referred to the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards. As far as I know, no such reference was made.
In view of this and the present Cabinet Office investigation into Damian Green, I contacted Sue Gray in early November 2017. Shortly afterwards, a journalist from the Sunday Times contacted me to say that he had obtained a draft statement prepared by me some years ago for the Leveson Inquiry. I did not approach the Sunday Times with this information.
Following Mr Green's deeply unpleasant and personal attack upon me, I was contacted by Neil Lewis, who had undertaken the interrogation of Mr Green's hard drive in 2008. Mr Lewis offered me his support, and I believe him to be a man of integrity, similarly acting in the public interest. I reported Mr Lewis' contact and the evidence he was able to provide to Sue Gray on 6 November 2017.
I wish to make it clear for the avoidance of any doubt or further speculation that I am in no way motivated politically and bear no malice whatsoever to Damian Green. This is despite unfortunate and deeply hurtful attempts to discredit me. Everything I have said about this matter has been in good faith, and in the firm belief that I have acted in the public interest.
I invite Damian Green publicly to retract his allegations against me. I am considering legal action."
But following the Sunday Times report, Mr Green issued a statement branding Mr Quick "a tainted and untrustworthy source" who had been trying for some time to cause him political damage.
The Ashford MP dismissed the allegations at that time as "false, disreputable political smears from a discredited police officer acting in flagrant breach of his duty".

Mr Quick described the Cabinet minister's attack as "deeply hurtful" and "completely untrue".
"I wish to make it clear for the avoidance of any doubt or further speculation that I am in no way motivated politically and bear no malice whatsoever to Damian Green,” he said on Tuesday.
"This is despite unfortunate and deeply hurtful attempts to discredit me ... I invite Damian Green publicly to retract his allegations against me. I am considering legal action."

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

bellend
i'm willing to take a wager that bob quicks knighthood is in jeopardy, any takers?

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

confused of hornchurch

I'm not a betting man, but I do like to see the establishment at each others throats.

When the establishment declares war on the little people the outcome is a forgone conclusion, but when the big boys start fighting each other it's anybody's guess what the outcome will be. I guess it depends which party has the most influential people on their side.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

fred
Never a truer word.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

confused of hornchurch

Looks like Bob Quick won this round.

Breaking: Theresa May's effective deputy Damian Green quits over pornography claims

Gordon Rayner, Political Editor  Christopher Hope, Chief Political Correspondent
20 December 2017 • 8:40pm

Damian Green has resigned as First Secretary of State after a Cabinet Office investigation found he had misled the public and MPs over pornography found on an office computer.
The Prime Minister’s de facto deputy was told he had no choice but to quit after a seven-week inquiry found that both he and his solicitor had known for years about the material being found by police in 2008.
The findings were at odds with public statements he had made, in which he said he had not been told by the police about the pornography find at the time.
The report did not rule either way on claims made by Kate Maltby, a writer that Mr Green had sexually harassed her, but did say that it found her claims "plausible".

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

confused of hornchurch

In his resignation letter, Mr Green apologised for his actions.
In her response, Mrs May expressed "deep regret" at his departure.

I eagerly await Bob Quick's comments.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

confused of hornchurch

Kleenex For Men Tissues 2Ply 90S · Any 2 for £3.00Offer valid for delivery from 06/12/2017 until 26/12/2017.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

confused of hornchurch

Now it's the cops fault?  (carry on w------ I suppose)?

UNFAIR COP Theresa May blasts ex-police officers who exposed Damian Green’s porn lies saying they should face official probe
The Prime Minister said she has 'concerns' over her deputy's treatment by former officers
By Hugo Gye and Matt Dathan
20th December 2017, 9:54 pmUpdated: 20th December 2017, 10:23 pm
THERESA MAY tonight took an extraordinary swipe at the police for exposing Damian Green's lies over the haul of porn on his office computer.
The Prime Minister sacked her deputy after it emerged he misled an inquiry into a sleaze scandal.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

fred
We live in interesting times.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Phil Wailing
We live in corrupt and whitewash times, so whats new.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Theresa's pissed off because Green's been caught with his hand full.
Note Green's manipulation of language. He says "I should have been clearer...." about the time he told porkies, so what he means is "I should have told the truth.....".  In effect, he's still lying, even after he's been rumbled. And, in the real world, he'd be without a job today whereas he's still got his MP job + salary + expenses + more expenses etc etc. Nice work if you can get it. They never actually manage to work out why they're held in contempt by so many people, do they.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

"Whitewash". Appropriate word when talking about a man accused of wanking in his office.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Phil Wailing
This is about standards in public office and the perception of what senior politicians (or the rest of them) are like and the standards they set.

What he is accused of is perfectly legal.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Yes Phil, but gross misconduct when "inappropriate material" is down-loaded by an employee onto an employer's computer. If Green didn't download the porn, who did?
1 ... 78910111213