Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Phil H
Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans arrested on suspicion of rape

Nigel Evans, the Conservative MP, has been arrested on suspicion of raping and sexually assaulting two young men.

Mr Evans, a Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons, is tonight being questioned over claims made by the two alleged victims.

They claim to have been raped and sexually assaulted between July 2009 and March 2013 at his constituency. Both were in their twenties at the times of the attacks, although their exact ages have not been disclosed.

The Conservative MP was arrested at his home in Pendleton, Lancashire, this morning and is understood to be still in custody for questioning. The property has been searched by officers.
David Cameron, the Prime Minister, was informed of the arrest today, as was John Bercow, the Speaker of the House of Commons. Read More

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

confused of hornchurch

On the 'send in the clowns, there ought to be clowns' theme, there's a great picture of him posing at Westminster with some clowns in the daily mail.

I bet Mr Farage is laughing at that one tonight.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Phil H

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Ho-Hum
That kind of behaviour is normal for a politician.  What's the problem?

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

confused of hornchurch

They're getting thirsty again!

MPs’ booze plot

Taxpayers to fund price cuts in Commons bars.

By TOM NEWTON DUNN, Political Editor

Published: 13 hrs ago

BOOZY MPs are plotting to cut drinks prices in Parliament bars — leaving taxpayers with the bill.

Dean Burrows

Prices at lavish Palace of Westminster bars are linked to those in a Wetherspoons pub on nearby Victoria Street — but always kept cheaper.

A pint of John Smith’s bitter costs just £2.60 in the Commons, and Becks lager is set at just £3.20. But some backbenchers have complained even that is too expensive.

And senior MPs suggested prices should be linked to a cheaper venue outside of the capital’s prime retail spots.

A record of the Administration Committee’s meeting — seen by The Sun — said: “Several Members suggested that the House should not benchmark against Central London pubs: those had to pay Central London rent, rates and utility charges, which House services did not pay.”

Commons eateries and bars are already subsidised with £5.8million a year of public money. Taxpayers would fork out even more if prices were lowered, unless services were cut elsewhere.

The row broke out after Commons catering managers asked for prices to rise for the first time in three years due to food inflation.

TaxPayers’ Alliance chief executive Matthew Sinclair said: “Politicians could not be more out of touch in demanding a bigger subsidy for their booze and meals.”

t.newtondunn@the-sun.co.uk

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4917554/MPs-booze-plot.html#ixzz2ScFdLE51

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

bellend
is this a work place? there should be no drinking at all

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

confused of hornchurch

Absolutely, no wonder the country is in the state it is, when the people we trust to make sensible decisions are constantly p----d.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Phil H

                                                                                                     CLICK FOR CORRUPTION

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Ho-Hum
David Cameron reminds be of a penny balloon with a hole in it.  I once bought one like that in Woolworths and I'm still disappointed 60 years on.  It doesn't matter how cheap a thing is, if it doesn't work it's useless.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

The Ear

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Phil H

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

confused of hornchurch

No room for anyone unless they are a toff?

Black adviser to David Cameron 'pushed out of Downing Street by Old Etonian clique'

Bailey   (Daily Mail)

Shaun Bailey (pictured, left, with David Cameron) has been moved to a position in the Cabinet Office after losing his job as a special adviser before a number of former public school pupils were appointed at Downing Street. Mr Bailey last night wrote on Twitter that he was 'very happy' with his move to the Cabinet Office. But according to reports, he has told friends he was not allowed into Downing Street's inner circle because he was 'different'.

Sounds a bit racist to me Dave????

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Bill E

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

confused of hornchurch

Ah!, so it's classism at work not racism, so that would make it ok in Dave's book I suppose?

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Bill E

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Bill E

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Ho-Hum
And don't forget MPs spouses.  What a charmer Sally Bercow is...not!

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Royston Eldridge

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Captain Blogger
On the 8th April 2013 Arthur Scargill did thank Margaret Thatcher, and so did I.

Re: Our Glorious MP's... Again...

Phil H
Eric Joyce, the disgraced MP, has been arrested again for abusing airport staff and police after leaving his mobile phone on a plane.

Eric Joyce has been arrested again, this time at Edinburgh Airport.

The Falkirk MP will appear in court in connection with an alleged breach of the peace at Edinburgh Airport, which one witness said culminated in him being pinned to the floor by police.

Mr Joyce, who had arrived on a flight from London, is understood to have left his phone on the plane, and was said to have become abusive to handling staff agents after asking them to retrieve it.

Airport staff contacted the police but Mr Joyce is understood to have continued behaving aggressively until the officers were left with little choice but to arrest him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/10013584/Disgraced-MP-Eric-Joyce-arrested-at-Edinburgh-Airport.html
1234 ... 12