Orchard Village - The Nightmare Continues !!

Orchard Village - The Nightmare Continues !!

Orchard Village The Nightmare Continues !!

For the past few years we have all been reading shocking articles about this estate.  The residents are not safe in their homes due to the poor conditions, mould e.t.c.  When residents leave their homes they take their lives into their own hands dues to the fact that some of the building is held together by double sided sticky tape !!  To add insult to injury, they face further danger when taking their children to school !!!

A protest has been arranged by local residents Leigh Hayward, Samantha Lammin and Natasha Summers, please see below;

PROTEST WITH US!!! 22/5/17 2PM-4PM To all concerned Parents of Newton’s Primary School and Local residents, In the past few months it has become clear that Clarion Housing Group/Circle housing did not consider the safety or well being of any of its Residents or children of Newton’s school during the planning or construction of their 30million pound housing estate now known as Orchard Village. We have witnessed on a few occasions now the near misses of children getting run over, this has caused anger towards one another, Why are we angry at Each other?! We should be angry at the people who have caused this issue! CLARION HOUSING GROUP and LONDON BOROUGH OF HAVERING are the culprits! Let’s stand together and show these companies that we are not afraid to stand up against them and protect our children!! We will be holding a protest on MONDAY 22ND MAY @ 2PM TILL 4PM From Outside the side gate of the school on Walden Avenue to the Perry Lane car park Next to the new cost cutter shop.

I think it is about time that someone from Clarion Group (the company responsible for Orchard Village) take ownership of this sorry state of affairs and actually take some much needed action !!

Re: Orchard Village - The Nightmare Continues !!

Percy
Its my birthday but will try to get there.

Re: Orchard Village - The Nightmare Continues !!

I decided to email the CEO of Clarion Group;

: lorraine.moss2@ntlworld.com [mailto:lorraine.moss2@ntlworld.com]
Sent: 18 May 2017 22:45
To: Keith Exford
Subject: Orchard Village

Dear Mr Exford

I am a local campaigner in Havering and over the past few years I have noticed that this development is constantly being featured in our local newspaper.  More recently in has been in the national papers, TV and radio.  I think it is a total disgrace and that you should be ashamed of yourself!

The residents face hazards inside their properties, walking outside they are in danger of debris that has been secured by double sided sticky tape.  They cannot even take their children to school safely.  Please see http://havering-forum.46540.x6.nabble.com/Orchard-Village-The-Nightmare-Continues-tp50256.html.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Kind Regards

Dear Ms Moss

I can understand your frustration about the problems that have beset Circle’s Orchard Village project and I understand too your criticism of Circle for the problems with the build quality, albeit it was Willmott Dixon that actually built the scheme on its behalf. However, before you make intemperate allegations against me personally and Clarion more generally, I suggest you take the trouble to establish the facts. Clarion was only formed on 1 December 2016 through the merger of Circle and Affinity Sutton. I worked for Affinity Sutton and not Circle and so I fail to see how I can be held responsible for problems ‘over the past few years’ in a project with which I was not involved until only recently.

Since I became Clarion Chief Executive and my new team took over, we are taking every possible step to remedy the defects as quickly as possible and we are making good progress with doing so. If there are hazards that are being presented while the remedial works are under way then obviously I’m very sorry this is the case and I will ask our local team to get in touch with you to ensure they are attended to immediately.

Keith Exford CBE – Group Chief Executive
Clarion Housing Group
Level 6, 6 More London Place, Tooley Street, London, SE1 2DA

Re: Orchard Village - The Nightmare Continues !!

Lorraine Moss
My response;