ORANGE SACKS

dalek1
Has anyone received their orange recycling sacks lately?
I've not received any for a while and me Mrs and Little Miss D1 tend to generate quite a bit of recycling waste.
Well over the weekend I looked at my dwindling supply and thought better go to the library and get some more.
To absolute surprise neither the central library or the town hall had any!
How do those numbnutz in Streetcare expect us recycle waste if there's no sacks to put the stuff in?
Or do they have more than they can recycle so is it a deliberate ploy.
I doubt we will be told.

Re: ORANGE SACKS

confused of hornchurch

They've always been in short supply but I used to get extra packs from the library. It has become more difficult to get any extra as the libraries only open when they feel like it, sometimes the basket they put them in is empty, and on occasion I have been told they are waiting for more stock.

I too like to feel I'm recycling wherever possible, but as I get older I become less tolerant of the excuses and if the council couldn't care less, I adopt the same attitude and chuck everything in the black sacks.

I agree that it appears that the council is getting more recyclable material than they actually want and I don't think they are getting such a good price for plastic waste any more. Either that, or they will blame the funding deficit.

Re: ORANGE SACKS

Re: ORANGE SACKS

Percy
We are supposed to have our bags collected Friday but for the last four weeks they have been collected Monday so the bags stay out Thurday night Friday Saturday Sunday and the foxes spread them over the street.

Re: ORANGE SACKS

Re: ORANGE SACKS

confused of hornchurch

It's what you get when you opt for the lowest tender. The previous contract performed better even if they were a bit costlier.

Re: ORANGE SACKS

Careful Percy, they'll say the mess is YOUR fault and try to fine you.

Re: ORANGE SACKS

Our bin bags are ripped apart by cats not foxes.

Re: ORANGE SACKS

Re: ORANGE SACKS

Percy
We feed our hedghogs properly they need protection.

Re: ORANGE SACKS

Re: ORANGE SACKS

dalek1
I'm sure the hedgehogs and crows are more likely to take notice of a sign saying do not nibble on black and orange sacks than Havering cowboy parking attendants are when slapping a ticket on some poor sods car when parked in his own front garden. If anyones interested I've been advised orange sacks are now available at the town hall and the central library. As the old saying goes hurry while stocks last!

Re: ORANGE SACKS

confused of hornchurch

That's no good for me, I'm a motorist and I'm not welcome in Romford town centre.

Re: ORANGE SACKS

Try Hornchurch library Connie.
As a Romford resident you are more than welcome to visit anytime.
Pop in for a cup of tea and a cucumber sandwich with Rog or Phillipa.
Fee one brown envelope!

Re: ORANGE SACKS

confused of hornchurch

I'm fresh out of brown envelopes.

Re: ORANGE SACKS

Percy
I watch for them to be delivered then nip out and pick them up from the homes where peplwe are out or are empty.Never run out like that.

Re: ORANGE SACKS

confused of hornchurch

Good idea Percy.

Re: ORANGE SACKS

Re: ORANGE SACKS

Percy
I see the council have read this forum and are now handing out orange sacks.

Re: ORANGE SACKS

dalek1
And they are supposed not to read it!
123