No cuts in disability benefits

Planning of havering
Mother-of-three dying of cancer is stripped of benefits and told to go back to work because she is 'not disabled enough'
Jane Windle was diagnosed with a slow-growing carcinoid tumour in 2001
Cancer has left her in constant pain due to tumours in her lungs and pelvis
Will no longer receive £200 a week from disability and carer's allowance
Decision was made after Personal Independence Payment assessment
Couple described situation as 'disgusting' and appealed officials' decision
By LYDIA WILLGRESS FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 16:15, 17 March 2016 | UPDATED: 17:18, 17 March 2016

23
shares
6
View comments
A mother-of-three who is dying of cancer has been stripped of her benefits by the Government and told to go back to work because she is 'not disabled enough'.
Jane Windle was diagnosed with a slow-growing carcinoid tumour in 2001, which has left her in constant pain due to lumps in her lungs and pelvis.
The 52-year-old, who can barely walk and is constantly short of breath, was initially given six months to live but has defied medics to live for a further 15 years.
Now, the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has told her she is no longer entitled to her £140-a-week Disability Living Allowance.
Jane Windle, who is dying of cancer, has been stripped of her benefits by the Government and told to go back to work because she is 'not disabled enough'. She is pictured with her husband, William +3
Jane Windle, who is dying of cancer, has been stripped of her benefits by the Government and told to go back to work because she is 'not disabled enough'. She is pictured with her husband, William
Mrs Windle, from Northampton, today said she felt like she was being punished for outliving her initial diagnosis.
She said: 'We don’t know what we are going to do. We could be left penniless.
'I am breathless and have contact pain in my back. It’s impossible to predict how long I’ve got left, but it has always been terminal. I have never been in remission and I never will be.
'But for some reason they are saying I can go back to work. They are saying I am not disabled enough.'
RELATED ARTICLES
Previous
Next

'My dad passed away and meteor flashes in the sky. What an...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3497241/Mother-three-dying-cancer-stripped-benefits-told-work-not-disabled-enough.html#ixzz43BP6oRMT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

confused of hornchurch

Budget 2016: George Osborne faces mass Tory rebellion over disability cuts

Conservative rebels go public with anger over Personal Independence Payment changes and claim they have numbers to defeat government.

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

Planning of havering
NewsUKUK Politics
Zac Goldsmith dropped as patron of his local disability charity after voting for disability benefit cuts

The mayoral candidate backed cuts to ESA
Jon Stone @joncstone 4 hours  ago4 comments

4K
 zac-goldsmith.jpg
Zac Goldsmith was a patron of Richmond AID Getty Images
The Conservative candidate for Mayor of London has been dropped as a patron of his local disability charity after voting for disability benefit cuts.

Zac Goldsmith was criticised by Richmond AID earlier this month when he backed slashing £30-a-week from disabled people claiming Employment Support Allowance – despite warnings from charities that the benefit already barely covers basic living costs.

The Daily Mirror newspaper now reports that the Richmond MP has been dropped as a patron of the charity – which provides support to disabled people in his constituency.

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

confused of hornchurch

Maybe he assumes that because he has plenty of money he'll never be disabled or need any disability benefits?

To quote John Lennon : life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

Norman
Banned User

apart from lying in public on request----what else does mizz morgan do to satisfy cameron osborne and smith????

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

dalek1
This obtuse and dishonest woman is in charge of education and education policy for England.
If she can lie on national tv how does she expect parents of young school kids like myself to believe anything she says.

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

bellend
this has to be voted on, 20 tory mps are against this nasty little bill, be interesting to know which way our duo vote.

good point----which way will our duo vote????  my guess is the dame will do as shes told--probly cant understand the issues anyway---rosindelly  will vote in his own best intrests!!!!

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

confused of hornchurch

Another government U-turn.

George Osborne retreats over £1.3billion disability benefit cuts.

A Government source says that £1.3billion worth of cuts to disability benefits are "not an integral part of the Budget" and will be "kicked into the long grass" after a revolt from Conservative MPs

By  Steven Swinford, Deputy Political Editor

7:39PM GMT 18 Mar 2016

George Osborne has retreated over plans to cut £1.3billion worth of disability benefits after a furious backlash from scores of Conservative MPs and a Cabinet row.

Government sources said that he cuts are "not an integral part of the Budget" and will be "kicked into the long-grass" so minsters have time to ensure they are right.

It comes after back-bench Conservative MPs openly criticised the cuts and warned that they have "zero chance" of getting through.

Bang goes your credibility George!

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

confused of hornchurch

Goodbye Iain!       This government is coming apart at the seams.

Iain Duncan Smith resigning as Work and Pensions Secretary 'due to Treasury pressure to make cuts'

 21:04, 18 Mar 2016
By Sam Rkaina

The shock announcement has been made tonight - we will have more on this breaking story

Iain Duncan Smith is resigning as Work and Pensions Secretary

Iain Duncan Smith said he is resigning as Work and Pensions Secretary blaming 'Treasury pressure to make cuts'.

We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.

For the latest news and breaking news visit Mirror.co.uk/news

He ended his letter by encouraging David Cameron to "look again" at cuts that had been made, writing: "I hope as the government goes forward you can look again, however, at the balance of the cuts you have insisted upon and wonder if enough has been done to ensure 'we are all in this together'."

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

Planning of havering
Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith has resigned over "indefensible" changes to disability benefits.
It comes amid mounting controversy over £4bn of planned cuts to Personal Independence Payments (PIP), expected to affect 640,000 people.
Mr Duncan Smith said the cuts were a "compromise too far" in a Budget that "benefits higher earning taxpayers".
Earlier, a government source indicated the changes were going to be "kicked into the long grass".
IDS quits: Latest updates
Laura Kuenssberg: IDS resignation undermines everything
Profile: Iain Duncan Smith
BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg said: "There had been bad blood off and on between George Osborne at the Treasury and Iain Duncan Smith over some of the more controversial welfare reforms that have been designed and imposed in recent years, but nobody expected this move only 48 hours since the Budget.
"One of the most senior figures in government who has been in the job for six years has decided, rather than defend the reforms publicly, to walk out in protest over reforms in his own department - a surprise for the government and a bombshell at a very sensitive time.
"Eurosceptic MPs believe that Number 10 will try to portray his resignation as part of the EU referendum debate within the party but they deny that it is at all related and point to unhappiness at the DWP building over a period of months.
She added that she understand that David Cameron personally tried to persuade Mr Duncan Smith to stay on.
The planned changes apply to the formula the government uses to calculate the daily living component of PIP, which will replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and come into effect in January 2017.
Mr Duncan Smith, who was the Conservative Party leader and Leader of the Opposition from 2001 to 2003, said in his resignation letter that the changes were "defensible in narrow terms, given the continuing deficit".
But he said they should have formed part of "a wider process" of finding the best way to focus resources on those most in need.
"I am unable to watch passively whilst certain policies are enacted in order to meet the fiscal self-imposed restraints that I believe are more and more perceived as distinctly political rather than in the national economic interest," he said.
"Too often my team and I have been pressured in the immediate run up to a budget or fiscal event to deliver yet more reductions to the working-age benefit bill.
"There has been too much emphasis on money-saving exercises and not enough awareness from the Treasury, in particular, that the government's vision of a new welfare-to-work system could not be repeatedly salami-sliced.
"It is therefore with enormous regret that I have decided to resign."

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

bellend
IDS has been a can carrier all this time for the two shits in charge, I fell for it, I had him down as the arsehole, good on him his resignation could bring down this government.

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

confused of hornchurch

Now Dave has an attack of confusion.

'Disappointed and puzzled' David Cameron LASHES OUT at Iain Duncan Smith resignation

DAVID Cameron said he is “PUZZLED AND CONFUSED” by Iain Duncan Smith’s decision to resign from the Cabinet over concerns about cuts to disability benefits.

By Vincent Wood

 PUBLISHED:  00:00, Sat, Mar 19, 2016   | UPDATED: 00:18, Sat, Mar 19, 2016

David Cameron blasted Iain Duncan Smith

The Prime Minister claimed the former Secretary for Work and Pensions “agreed” with him and chancellor George Osborne before the benefit cuts were announced earlier this week.

Mr Duncan Smith had agreed on the controversial Personal Independent Payment policy “to support the vulnerable and to give disabled people more independence”, he added.

He also claimed the former Tory leader had agreed “work together to get these policies right over the coming months".

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

Oh yes, the IDS of MARCH, knife in the back of Cameron.

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

confused of hornchurch

NEXT!

Stephen Crabb Replaces Iain Duncan Smith

11:17, UK,  Saturday 19 March 2016

Welsh Secretary Stephen Crabb will take over from Iain Duncan Smith as Work and Pensions Secretary, David Cameron has announced.

Mr Crabb has been appointed to the role after Mr Duncan Smith's bombshell resignation over changes to disability benefits he said were a "compromise too far".

In a highly critical two-page letter to the Prime Minister, Mr Duncan Smith said it was wrong to cut £4.4bn in Personal Independence Payments that will affect 640,000 while introducing measures that would help higher earners.

It was particularly damning of George Osborne's leadership ambition and policies saying measures the Chancellor had introduced were "distinctly political rather than in the national economic interest".

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

Phil Wailing
Ahhhhh, Conservatives, here we go again, when Thatcher was leader they went 13 years before they tore themselves apart, this shower have gone 22 months.

Just think.

If the EU REMAIN lot win the referendum the Tory's will be tearing themselves apart for another 50 years.

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

confused of hornchurch

The self-destruct button has been pushed!

Re: No cuts in disability benefits

they've found themselves a YES man, they could have had a look at havering plenty here.