No collection points for food banks in Romford

No collection points for food banks in Romford

dalek1
I took Little Miss D1 to her stage school today and before hand sorted out my kitchen cupboards to take some excess stuff to the supermarket to pass onto the food bank.
Well that's what I was hoping to do.
First stop ASDA in the Mercury Mall no food bank.
Next stop Iceland and Aldi in the Market square ditto.
Onto the mini Tesco's and Co-op in North street zilch.
Finally Sainsburys in the Brewery and not a tosser.
Was advised Tesco in Roneo corner did have one and whoopee lucky seven it did.
Nice to see all the how Romford supermarkets help the needy not.

Re: No collection points for food banks in Romford

Percy
Tesco at Rainham and Roneo corner have collection points. Speak to your local shop and get them to set one up but you may end up having to take them direct to the local food banks as I have several times.Only tins and packets in date are accepted no fresh food or out of date stock taken.

Re: No collection points for food banks in Romford

dalek1
Thanks Perc but it seems beyond beggars belief that in the whole of Romford there is no drop off point for food bank donations.
Don't know if you have any ideas but I usually donate to Time FM and The Mercury mall giving tree but left it a bit late this year and missed the cut.
Do you know any kids charities where I could offload a small mountain of sweets to?
I always give stocking filler toys to kids in hospital at Queens and King Georges to be given out on Christmas day but no sweeties as its not fair on some kids on restrictive diets.

Re: No collection points for food banks in Romford

OLD CODGER
Dalek 1
Try Lennox Childrens Cancer Charity in Western Road Romford which me and the missus support.
They are on the Internet any problems post on here .

Re: No collection points for food banks in Romford

dalek1
Cheers OC much obliged to you.
As someone whos had this dreadful disease twice in the last five years it sounds the perfect place to contribute to.

Re: No collection points for food banks in Romford

Thanks again OC.
I delivered the sweets etc to the Lennox place today and was delighted it went to a fantastic cause.

Re: No collection points for food banks in Romford

Percy
Well done I have been busy and away so missed your first request but you found some where I hope little D1 had a good Christmas we did. Happy new year.
Revolutions are always verbose.