New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

Council Witness

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

Percy
Yes young labour need to take over and rejuvenate the Local Romford labour party.Momentum will help.

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

Percy
Get along learn how to chamge things.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1706784979616325/?acontext=%7B%22action_history%22%3A%22[%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22page%5C%22%2C%5C%22mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22page_upcoming_events_card%5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A[]%7D]%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

What do you mean council witness?

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

I think it's perfectly obvious what CW means! Crystal is opaque by comparison.

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

Lorraine Moss
I was just seeking clarification.

I have been a campaigner in Havering for a number of years and always tried to help people in whatever way I can.  I work as a welfare/benefit adviser so I am very aware of the hardship that many people are facing.  I would not do or get involved with anything "superficial".

Jan Sargent and I did in fact join the Labour party in Harold Hill and passed our interview stage but was rejected by region because we had not been members long enough.  This decision was in the process of being appealed.  However, we were not impressed with the lack of organisation and infighting that we witnessed.  How can you stand for the residents of Havering if you cannot even work together?

We therefore decided to form our own party to represent the people of Harold Hill and give them a voice, if that makes me superficial than so be it!

You are a trooper Lorraine but the rules are quite clear to stand as a Labour candidate you had to have been a paid up member for one year before last January.It however was a loss to the party you had not been a member longer.

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

Lorraine Moss
They were very confident that the decision would have been changed but we decided that it was not for us and left.  I do not have anything against the Labour Party and agree with many of their views.  However, locally I do not think they are the ones to represent the people of Harold Hill.  This is my own opinion and based on what I have witnessed first hand.

You do not know who the candidates are yet.The party is reorganising.

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

Lorraine Moss
In Gooshays it is Paul Mcgeary, Carole Beth and I cannot remember the third one's name.

In Heaton Keith Darvill, Denis O Flynn and Tele Lawal.

I heard this a few weeks back, I do not know if there have been any changes.

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

Sorry, you'll never get on in mainstream politics. You obviously have a mind of your own. The "main" parties are looking for voting-fodder zombies who do what they're told.

There's a philosopher in our midst! CW, I agree with your analysis but not necessarily your conclusion. Your analysis reminds me of that phrase "the wisdom of the ancients" which implies that people from long ago were wiser than we are. But that shouldn't be the case, because we've got the advantage of centuries more experience than they had - so we should be wiser!

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

Percy
As a child everything was nationalised the buses,electricity .gas.water the railways and more.We had to pay but profits kept payments low.I would advocate a return to those days but the vested interests will not give it back willingly it will have to be taken.Whether politics will do that is another question entirely.

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

"we should be wiser" very true, but wisdom comes with age (in most cases) maybe the elders of the next generation will be wiser than the elders of this one probably true, let's hope the next generation has elders.

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

Council Witness, The Harold Hill Independent Party will be involved in local politics not national.  Just as the name suggests.

I was joking when I said that Jan and I are in our early 20's,  do you really think that we are trying to achieve celebrity status?  We are attempting to make a difference to the community.  The only reason we want people to know who we are is simply so they can contact us if they need our help.  What is wrong with that?

Local politics is driven by National politics .If Havering went Independent it would be isolated and lose out on subsidy and development.

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

Lorraine Moss
Really Percy ?

Re: New Political Parties - deliberate division of the working class

Nothing, but nothing would stop the (over)development.
123