Nasty Misleading Conservative Leaflets

Confused Voter
I do not post on here very often but I do come on here and read all the various posts.

I have seen some of the leaflets that are currently being distributed by the Conservatives and I have never seen such nasty misleading lies.  I have seen at least 2 from different parts of Romford and they are both promoted by an Osman Dervish.  Surely this is breaking the law and should not be allowed?  Some trusting members of the public might actually believe this twaddle and end up voting for them on the strength of it!

Re: Nasty Misleading Conservative Leaflets

Independent man
Hi Confused Voter
I think that was their plan it could be that they are worried about the outcome of the council elections.I am not sure if they were breaking any law but they could have been trying to frighten voters in to voting for them.
They got a bad write up in last weeks Recorder but they are still circulating the same leaflets.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: Nasty Misleading Conservative Leaflets

Confused Voter
I saw the article Independent Man and I was totally disgusted.  To use a member of the public in this way is despicable.

On one of the latest leaflets they are displaying a graph of an opinion poll.  The results show that the party most likely to take control of Havering is the Conservatives at 38%, Labour close behind at 36%. UKIP at 11% and the Green Party and Residents Association joint bottom at 6%.  We must believe these figures as they are the result of a poll conducted between 12th and 15th May "by your local Conservative Team".

I find it hard to believe anything the RCA are saying at the moment including that poll I am quite sure UKIP and R.A are polling a lot better than 11% and 6%.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: Nasty Misleading Conservative Leaflets

Lorraine Moss
The latest leaflet that I have seen looks like something a bunch of kids would put together !

The fake charts are used as a way to mislead the public, you can see similar examples here http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/may/12/lies-election-leaflets-five-tricks-european-elections

Yes Lorraine I am sure UKIP and R.A are doing a lot better than the Tories want you to think.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: Nasty Misleading Conservative Leaflets

Lorraine Moss
Most of the people I have spoken to are totally sick of the Conservatives.  They have to face the reality that everything in Havering that people are unhappy about has happened under their watch.  They can gloss it over and try to blame everyone else but they cannot re write history.  With regard to UKIP, a number of people have told me that they will be voting for them but not as many as I expected.

However, it is impossible to tell what people will actually do on the day and sometimes people vote differently to what they say they are going to do.  I just hope that we see some decent people get elected who actually care about the residents of this borough.

Re: Nasty Misleading Conservative Leaflets

Percy.
Their poll saying UKIP and RAs are polling low may be bad for the Tories.People may get out and vote for other parties rather than accept the Con trick.

Re: Nasty Misleading Conservative Leaflets

Independent man
Out and about canvassing knocking on doors and posting leaflets in more than one Romford ward, the feedback is the nasty party might have shot them-self in the foot regarding the lying leaflets.
Voters in Romford are well aware of the dirty tricks from our right wing friends and are not impressed, it might come back to bite them in the rear end come polling day.

The Nasties are still posting the lying leaflets.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: Nasty Misleading Conservative Leaflets

Percy.
If you say something enough times it becomes the perceived truth.

Re: Nasty Misleading Conservative Leaflets

dazza

Re: Nasty Misleading Conservative Leaflets

Looks like Liebour's Storm Troopers who have harangued UKIP with lies and thuggish behaviour has now backfired on them though.

The electorate are starting to wise up.  They do not want to wallow in the murky depths of Labour's  abyss again.