My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Lorraine Moss
Good Evening Andrew

Like many people I am very disturbed about the revelations of historic child abuse by members of parliament and other senior figures.  I had learned about these allegations quite a few years ago and was pleased to see that it looked like finally some action was going to be taken and the victims of these terrible crimes would finally get the justice that they deserve.  These were vulnerable children whose lives were destroyed by these vile individuals.  This even happened in a care home that used to be located in your own constituency at the St Leonards Home.

I am totally appalled with the lack of progress of the investigations into these terrible crimes.  All the time that you were our MP I have never heard you comment about this matter.  I understand that recently there was a proposal for an amendment to the Official Secrets that would have made it much easier for the police and authorities to investigate this matter.  However, you voted against it !  I can see from the voting record that you were obviously towing the party line.  I have looked back on your voting record and you have voted against the party whip on several occasions why did you choose not to this time?  Also if you are re elected on May 7 what will you be doing as our MP to push for action on this matter ?

This question was also put to all of the other candidates.

Andrew Rosindell said that he did not remember voting on it !!

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

John H

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

He seemed to have problems deciding if he was a Tory or UKIP but mostly he seemed to be very vague on anything.

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Please see http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5529/ministers-block-move-to-lift-official-secrets-act-for-csa-scandal#

This report states that it was an evening vote in February.  John, I am sure that an MP would remember voting in the evening on the official secrets act.  After all it is a very important subject. Maybe he was suffering with jet lag.

Percy if I had have closed my eyes I would have thought it was the Ukip candidate.  It's funny how he could break away from the Tory whip on the EU but go with the party line on the official secrets act.

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Percy.
He is just trying to steal UKIPs clothes he knows his party will never allow us a vote.He must be feeling the squeeze from UKIP.

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Interesting article from the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/mar/17/police-told-drop-child-abuse-case-against-cyril-smith-whistleblower

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

That's a bit disturbing that he couldn't remember voting on something so important.

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Lorraine Moss
I know Confused, especially the implications of the results.  If the law is not changed on this act it will still be a very big risk for people to come forward and give evidence.  The thing that concerns me is the fact that this vote did not get hardly any media attention.

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

confused of hornchurch

They don't want any distractions from the election so it's being swept under the carpet again.
We're supposed to be focused on the bright future ahead, not the appalling crimes of the past.

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Lorraine Moss
Until they clean out their closets this disgusting abuse will continue.

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Royston Eldridge

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Mr. Angry....
Administrator
They are protecting one name and one name alone..... THATCHER......
Havering's angriest person...

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Romfordian
Not Just thatcher there are politicians still alive that were involved or know who was
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Lorraine Moss
It looks like that I am not the only one who is asking this question.  The strange thing is they all seem to not know anything about it?  Do you think they may have all been under some kind of mind control that forced them to vote against this amendment ?

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Help Percy and Ian, can you remember what Andrew Rosindell said about the vote against the amendment to the official secrets act ?  I am sure he said that he would never vote for something that would hinder the investigation into historic child abuse ??

I have found the voting record.  It was on 23 February 2015 st 9.15pm

Serious Crime Bill — New Clause 2 — Official Secrets Act 1989 — Defence of Disclosure to Historic Child Abuse Inquiry — 23 Feb 2015 at 21:00
Andrew Rosindell MP, Romford voted against creating a defence to an offence under the Official Secrets Act where a disclosure has been made to an investigation or inquiry relating to historic child abuse.

The majority of MPs voted against creating a defence to an offence under the Official Secrets Act where a disclosure has been made to an investigation or inquiry relating to historic child abuse.

MPs were considering the Serious Crime Bill[1].

The proposed new clause rejected in this vote was:

(1) The Official Secrets Act 1989 is amended as follows—
(2) After section 8, insert—
“(8A) It is a defence for a person charged with an offence under any provision of this Act to prove that he knew, or had reasonable cause to believe, that the information, document or article disclosed was—
(a) germane to an official investigation of, or inquiry into, historic child abuse, and
(b) provided

please seehttp://www.publicwhip.org.uk/division.php?date=2015-02-23&number=158&mpn=Andrew_Rosindell&mpc=Romford&house=commons

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Ian James
I cant remember his exact words but that's the sentiment of what he said.

He claimed he couldn't remember the vote.
Proud to have been deleted but still not defeated by the Romford Maffia !

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

23 February 2015 was a lifetime ago...how could he possibly remember something so trivial.  He has more important things to concentrate on, like planning his next trip abroad.  Give the great man a break, eh?

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Ho-Hum
Romford

MP Andrew Rosindell has a House of Commons voting record of 74.30%.

This is based on the number of votes the MP voted in which they were eligible to attend, during the current parliamentary period. This ranks them 292 out of 650.

The other 25.70 % he was abroad on behalf of the local electorate...hem-hem.

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Percy.
More cover up another Lord gets away with it Saville was dead but was deemed guilty Janner has Dementia but gets off scot free.

Re: My Question To Andrew Rosindell At The Romford Recorder Hustings

Lorraine Moss
Percy do you remember exactly what Andrew Rossindell said?  I recall he said that he would never vote fr anything that would get in the way of an investigation against historic child abuse.