My Letter To The Recorder Regarding Harold Hill Tories Claiming They Were Responsible For Solar Farm Campaign

My Letter To The Recorder Regarding Harold Hill Tories Claiming They Were Responsible For Solar Farm Campaign

Member  of The Dagnam Park Campaign Group

I was rather surprised when I read the latest leaflet from The  Hornchurch and Upminster Conservative Action Team that has been distributed in Harold Hill.  On this leaflet they state;

" Your Conservative Action Team successfully campaigned against the proposal for the planned solar farm development.  We are happy to report that after pressure not only from our action team, but Friends of Dagnam Park and others the council have decided not to go ahead with the proposed plans.

Members of our campaign group were rather intrigued by this statement because we have never had any dealings with the Conservative Action Team. I checked their Facebook page and there is no mention of their campaign to "Save The Manor".  We decided to email them and ask exactly what they has done.  In their response they actually refer to the park as  "Dagenham Park".  They claim that they worked behind the scenes with GLA member Keith Prince.  Keith Prince did respond to a personal invitation to walk around the Manor with the Friends of Dagnam Park.  He was not accompanied by any members of their action group.  We were all very grateful that Keith did attend.  Jan Sargent and I also were able to talk at length with the Leader of the Council, Cllr Roger Ramsey when we attended his "Meet The Leader" session in January.  This lead to Cllr Roger Ramsey visiting the park with Jan Sargent and 2 members of The Friends of Dagnam Park.   Cllr Ramsey actually refers to this visit when he made his announcement that the plans for the Solar Farm have been abandoned in their current form at the full council meeting on the 25 January 2017.  The reasons he gave for his decision were that he has listened to the concerns raised by residents and the friends of Dagnam Park.  He also visited the site on 2 occasions and stated "My particular concerns include the size of the area proposed and its topography.

The only contact I personally have had from the Conservative Action team was one of them contacted me on the 25 January 2017 because they were aware that a protest was taking place outside the Town Hall.  They asked me to "please tell people not to boo us because we are on your side."  I have since been advised that the Conservative Group were informed of Cllr Ramsey's decision at their meeting of 23 January 2017.

During this campaign we worked with and were supported by many different political parties.  It would have been a severe loss to all of the people in Havering and had an adverse impact on the wildlife and environment  if these plans had been approved.  We were very pleased that the Conservative Administration did listen to the people and decide not to go ahead.  I am very grateful if this Conservative Action Team did support us behind the scenes.  However, I feel for them to try and claim the credit for all of the hard work done by the campaign team and the residents of Harold Hill is totally unacceptable.  It must be asked, if they had so much influence, why on earth did they not prevent the proposal from ever being put forward?

Re: My Letter To The Recorder Regarding Harold Hill Tories Claiming They Were Responsible For Solar Farm Campaign

Re: My Letter To The Recorder Regarding Harold Hill Tories Claiming They Were Responsible For Solar Farm Campaign

Re: My Letter To The Recorder Regarding Harold Hill Tories Claiming They Were Responsible For Solar Farm Campaign

Lorraine Moss
Hi Ho Hum, they are not even Cllr's. This is all posturing for the 2018 local elections.  Looking at the letters page it would appear that their latest tactics have severly backfired on them.  There is my letter plus 2 other letters regarding the Hornchurch Post Office.

Re: My Letter To The Recorder Regarding Harold Hill Tories Claiming They Were Responsible For Solar Farm Campaign

GAZZER
Chin Chin you sexy sexy Mossy how the devil are you!!

Re: My Letter To The Recorder Regarding Harold Hill Tories Claiming They Were Responsible For Solar Farm Campaign

Lorraine Moss
Hi Gazzer, I am fine thanks.  Lovely to hear from you. xx

Re: My Letter To The Recorder Regarding Harold Hill Tories Claiming They Were Responsible For Solar Farm Campaign

Percy
Some one on facebook is alleging that since the solar park was abandoned and the publicity it produced the number of deer shot for food and fish stolen from the lake has grown considerably have you heard anything?

Re: My Letter To The Recorder Regarding Harold Hill Tories Claiming They Were Responsible For Solar Farm Campaign

Lorraine Moss
Hi Percy, no I have not.  There was a few reports a few months back of an individual setting his Dog's onto some of the Deer.  I am in contact and a member of the friends of Dagnam Park and I have not heard anything.  Where was it posted?

Re: My Letter To The Recorder Regarding Harold Hill Tories Claiming They Were Responsible For Solar Farm Campaign

Percy
Its in Facebook she writes a bit like an East European her grammar is strange and claims to Have relatives close to the park.
Revolutions are always verbose.