Mp Andrew Rosindell Had His Car Window Smashed Whilst Out Canvessing

Mp Andrew Rosindell Had His Car Window Smashed Whilst Out Canvessing

Lorraine Moss
FEARLESS MP & HERO ACTIVIST TACKLE VIOLENT THUG WHILE CANVASSING

 A Conservative candidate and a young activist are being hailed as heroes after they fearlessly tackled a brick-wielding thug who attacked their vehicle on the campaign trail. Romford candidate Andrew Rosindell and team member Chris Muspratt were campaigning on Monday when they heard a loud commotion. They turned to a see a violent hooligan smashing the passenger window of their campaign Land Rover with a motorcycle helmet. The scumbag then sped off on a stolen motorcycle…

Fearless Musspratt, 24, gave chase on foot. The vandal was promptly wrestled off the bike by members of the public, before making off through gardens. Chris, still in pursuit, cornered the lowlife, who then picked up a large brick block in an attempt to threaten the undeterred activist. Before Chris could carry out a citizen’s arrest, the criminal jumped into a getaway car and sped off…

Chris, an armed forces reservist, said:

“Andrew was so close to grabbing the vandal off his bike immediately after we witnessed him smashing the car... As the younger member in our group, I realised if anyone was going to have a go at catching the yob it was going to be me… I’m glad I didn’t just stand by and look forward to the police making an arrest due to the information and evidence I gained.”
Rosindell said:

“I am very grateful to Chris for attempting to detain the thug. I hope justice prevails and the suspect is found quickly. I was quite shaken but nothing will deter me from campaigning ahead of the general election.”
Police attended and as part of ongoing inquiries have identified a suspect. If you saw any part of the incident please contact Romford police…

https://order-order.com/2017/05/19/268205/

Re: Mp Andrew Rosindell Had His Car Window Smashed Whilst Out Canvessing

Percy
Oh how terrible it was an organised attack then lets hope Andrew is safe.

Re: Mp Andrew Rosindell Had His Car Window Smashed Whilst Out Canvessing

Percy
Is this the reason Havering is setting up PSPOs where was it the new exec officer came from.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/15299064.NHS_campaigners_asked_to_leave_town_centre_and_told_they_must_pay_to_protest/?ref=fbshr

Re: Mp Andrew Rosindell Had His Car Window Smashed Whilst Out Canvessing

Strange nothing in the Recorder or BBC news.

Re: Mp Andrew Rosindell Had His Car Window Smashed Whilst Out Canvessing

Percy
Yes you would think an attack on an MP would be front line news after the Murders in the last few years.

Re: Mp Andrew Rosindell Had His Car Window Smashed Whilst Out Canvessing

dalek1
From the Metro

MP calls for end to violence after battle bus windows smashed
Fiona Parker for Metro.co.ukFriday 19 May 2017 5:07 pm
269
MP calls for end to violence after battle bus windows smashed
Two of his car windows were smashed.
An MP has called for an end to politicians being ‘targets of abuse’ after his car was vandalised while he was campaigning.

Tory Andrew Rosindell’s comments come ahead of the anniversary of Jo Cox’s murder, the Labour MP stabbed to death outside her constituency surgery in Birstall, West Yorkshire.

Mr Rosindell was canvassing in Romford, the East-London constituency, when he heard two loud bangs and found his car with smashed windows.

The MP and his supporters found a young man on a motorbike, who appeared to have vandalised the car with his helmet, then fled with parliamentary assistant Chris Muspratt following closely behind.

Still wearing his suit and rosette, Mr Muspratt, 25, an army reservist, chased the suspect for around 10 minutes, but lost him when he jumped in a getaway car.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk Mr Rosindell, 51, said:  ‘It was pretty horrible actually. He smashed two windows, but he probably would have smashed more if we had arrived later.

‘I believe in traditional campaigning, going out, being seen and talking to people in the constituency.

‘No candidate should feel afraid that someone is going to smash up their car or do anything like that.’

Since Jo Cox’s death there have been several reports of MPs being targeted in online attacks through social media.

Mr Rosindell believes that if MPs continue to be targeted, it could put young off a career in politics.

MP calls for end to violence after battle bus windows smashed
Chris Muspratt, pictured, chased the suspect after he jumped off his bike (Picture: Chris Muspratt)
He said: ‘We live in a democracy and while you may not like certain politicians from certain parties, it doesn’t give you the right to abuse them or damage their property.’

‘Last year an MP was murdered.

‘What happened to Jo Cox was horrendous.

‘Fortunately, it was only my car that was damaged, I was not harmed.’

Mr Rosindell praised his parliamentary assistant for sprinting after the suspect and taking pictures and notes which he handed to the police.
His team returned to canvassing around an hour after the incident took place and the car has since been repaired.

A spokesperson from Met Police said: ‘Police were called at 16:17hrs on Monday, 15 May to Highfield Road, Romford to a report of a vehicle being vandalised.

‘The suspect, who was wearing a crash helmet, fled the scene and was pursued by members of the public.

‘The motorcycle the suspect was riding was left at the scene.

‘Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.

‘There have been no arrests.’

Re: Mp Andrew Rosindell Had His Car Window Smashed Whilst Out Canvessing

dalek1
Hold a second.
This happened on Monday 15th May.
Why did it take till Friday to get any publicity.
You'd certainly not call Rosser camera shy.
It also did he want to keep it out the papers for reasons best known to himself ie he knows the culprit.
Something doesn't ring right about this.
It wasn't in todays Metro!

oh Mr D such cynicism in one so young.

Re: Mp Andrew Rosindell Had His Car Window Smashed Whilst Out Canvessing

dalek1
If you call mid fifties young!