Moped Crime In Havering

Lorraine Moss
I am sure that all of you that are on Facebook and who get the Recorder are aware of the surge of violent crime with youths on Mopeds.  These range from dangerous driving to acid attacks.  I have even read reports of them actually driving at babies in buggies.  Urgent action needs to be taken!

I along with over 4000 others tuned in live to Elm Park Police meeting that was filmed live by the Romford Recorder.  It was so upsetting to see how many decent people are scared to leave their homes, their children are scared as well.  We have all seen that the Police are focusing on this and we have witnessed some arrests over the past few weeks.  However, each day I am reading about more and more incidents.  One lady told how she was boxed in her car by a group if these moped drivers.

You can watch the recording of the meeting on the Romford Recorders facebook (you may need to use earphones because at times the sound quality was poor.)

The meeting was for Elm Park and Hylands, Hacton and St Andrews residents were also invited.  The local Cllr's also attended.  The problem was it was a SNT meeting and there was no Senior Officer present, so questions about response times, they were unable to answer.  We had a similar meeting in Harold Hill but have arranged another one for next week, this time with a senior officer present.

The burning question is, what can be done to stop this?  We are already aware that if the drivers of these Mopeds take off their helmet they cannot be pursued (except in exceptional circumstances,)  We now operate a tri borough system and it would appear that there have been occasion when people have been told that it could be up to an hour before an Officer can attend !  The people currently terrorising our borough are fully aware of this and are taking full advantage.

I think that these crimes are without a doubt an act of terror !  New laws need to be introduced to deter these evil and vile people from committing these crimes.  I would be interested to hear what people think?  Two local MP's have both spoken out about what is happening but we need to see some results and soon before all of Havering becomes a no go zone.

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

I agree this is a terrible problem. I'm new to the area and already think we need stronger measures to control criminal stuff like this.

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

dalek1
Michael I'm in my mid 50's and remember the days of the beat copper up and down my road.
Ok a lot were not over keen on him but by christ the streets were safe and if some little sod got out of line he'd get a clip round the ear sent home to his mum and dad and get another even worse good hiding for getting in trouble with the old bill.
Try and get a copper out now!
Not a cat in hell's chance!

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

Going off the thread but still to do with our so called finest as an environmental campaigner I was very angry to read on both BBC and the Guardian websites that environmental groups ie those looking for clean air clean water in our lakes and rivers protecting our borough from over development etc are being targeted by police intelligence as subversives.
This was revealed just before the terrorist attacks in London and Manchester which cost over 30 innocent lives.
Some of the terrorist were on the coppers radar.
Actions like this just make the old bill look like instruments of a draconian quasi police state as opposed to the defenders of law and order and protectors of the public.

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

confused of hornchurch
Crime figures continue to fall.

Moped riding teenage thugs armed with an 18 inch MACHETE terrorise an estate on a stolen bike
 Pair of thugs on a stolen moped were caught on camera terrorising an estate
 Machete brandishing youths, both wearing helmets, caused chaos yesterday
They are believed to have damaged two cars and threatened residents in area
By Keiligh Baker for MailOnline
Published: 11:03, 18 July 2017 | Updated: 12:47, 18 July 2017

This is the moment a pair of thugs were caught on camera terrorising residents while riding around an estate on a stolen moped armed with a huge machete.
The two men caused chaos on the estate in Harold Hill, Romford, east London, brandishing an 18 inch machete and knives at residents as they rode around on a stolen moped without a number plate.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4706524/Moped-riding-teenage-thugs-terrorise-estate.html#ixzz4nBfu0Ois
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

dalek1
Connie where have you been?
Welcome back mate!

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

confused of hornchurch

Getting my blood pressure below stroke level!

These twats also feature in the sun and the mirror, so there's enough photographic evidence in the press to get them nicked by tonight. Pictures of the bike, clothing, potential witnesses etc. and sharper images than any council CCTV system.

I'm worried that as they are not displaying a vehicle registration plate, they may not be paying their parking charges?

I'm confident the EACU will finish the job tonight!

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

dalek1
Well my old mum's had high blood pressure for 25 years now and she's 94 and enjoying her twilight years well away from this borough on the Kent coast.
The quack's gave her medication that was new at the time and hey ho.
Hope you're feeling better now and keep posting.
Talking of twats have you seen who's posting again?

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

Rastaozzie
Now now D1, i thought you said there were rules about slagging off individuals on this site? Be careful or Admin might give you a yellow card.

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

dalek1
Oh following me are you?
You should have been given a red card long ago!
And did I mention you by name?

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

Now Connie the only reason council cctv systems are installed is to act as honey traps.
If they ain't making money out of them they aint getting installed.

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

confused of hornchurch

I'm sure you're wrong Dalek, I was told that they are installed to "keep us all safe".

If the East Area Command Unit haven't got these two twats in custody by tonight I'll assume it's ok for all of us to ride around with no licence plates.

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

Welcome back Confused, I have really missed your posts.  So good to see you back again,

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

confused of hornchurch

Thanks Lorraine.

Officers from East Area Command Unit investigate.

No arrests.

Enquiries are ongoing.

I suppose the ANPR and CCTV systems are set up to catch those of us that display a number plate?
Throw away the rule book and it needs detective work to make an arrest?
No substitute for 'boots on the ground'.

Let's all have another cup of tea, sit back and learn how to embrace change. Lets hope these two are caught before some unfortunate member of the public gets a limb hacked off.

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

Percy
The moped gang were out this afternoon about noon wheelying and speeding outside the Harold hill clinic.

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

Hmmm good post however all I can say is this....

https://youtu.be/kL0nsftvWhg

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

Oh really where were the old bill then?

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

Percy
The gang were on the a 1306 bottom of cherry tree lane 30 minutes ago. they get around.

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

The "old bill" with their apathetic reaction to the previous crime have almost certainly given them (the stolen scooter riders) the impression that they are untouchable, a green light to carry on their illegal activities.

This is what happens when the police ignore so called low level crime, the offences escalate until either one of the scooter riders comes off his machine and seriously injures himself or, god forbid, injures an innocent member of the public.

Still, if they can't catch them perhaps they can nick a couple of young mums on the school run to satisfy the arrests agenda and keep the revenue coming in?

Re: Moped Crime In Havering

This won't end well! I was going to suggest that they may well end up in the Harold Hill clinic but on reflection it's more likely to be Queens A&E. (god help them)
123