Meet the candidates

Percy.
Was at Ardliegh college tonight for the hustings debate for Romford.Rosser got a bad time but at least I met the Lovely Lorraine who asked a good question regarding Rosser silence about the Peadophile debate and his vote to prevent openness for witnesses and whistle blowers.As usual not enough time or enough real answers but a good night out.

Re: Meet the candidates

Lorraine Moss
Hi Percy, it was lovely to finally meet you.  It was a really enjoyable evening and I think that Chris Carter form the Recorder chaired the event very well.

Rosindell got quite a bit of stick form the audience.  I just wished that there had have been a web cast of the evening.

Re: Meet the candidates

Percy.
A pleasure to meet you at last. We need an angry get together to have a good chin wag.

Re: Meet the candidates

Lorraine Moss
That sounds like a good idea.  Maybe we can sort something out.

Re: Meet the candidates

Ian James
Hi Percy,

It was good to meet you also, you were sitting behind me and we had an interesting chat before the doo got started !
Proud to have been deleted but still not defeated by the Romford Maffia !

Re: Meet the candidates

Lorraine Moss
Ian I waited outside for you for about 5 minutes.  It did not go very well for Rosser did it.

Re: Meet the candidates

Ian James
There were several highlights Lorraine I thought they guy who invited Mr Rosidell to go home to Gibraltar got the best laugh !

Did Not Damian make himself look an utter prat by claiming the Havering Tories were building council houses when I challenged him he boasted about the total finished.

How many do you ask

S.E.V.E.N

Life is better under Tories (not)

What a prat
Proud to have been deleted but still not defeated by the Romford Maffia !

Re: Meet the candidates

Percy.
Yes Ian a good night we need to see the Dame perform in her constituency as well.

Re: Meet the candidates

confused of hornchurch

Did any of them convince you that they were worthy of your vote?

Re: Meet the candidates

Lorraine Moss
I would say that both the Ukip and Labour candidates came across really well.

Re: Meet the candidates

From The Romford Recorder

Recorder Question Time – what the candidates had to say

Immigration, housing and policing were among the issues debated by the candidates vying to be Romford’s next MP at our hustings event last night.

Comment
The five candidates, Andrew Rosindell (Con), Lorna Tooley (Green), Ian Sanderson (Lib Dem), Gerard Batten (Ukip) and Sam Gould (Lab) were quizzed by Romford’s residents who wanted to know what the potential MPs think about the issues that concern them.

The evening started with a heated debate about immigration, during which each candidate outlined their stance on the divisive issue. At the conclusion of the debate, despite many different views aired, all except Ian Sanderson confirmed they would at the least seek a referendum on Britain’s membership of the European Union.

The candidates were then asked about child sex abuse and told those gathered how they would protect young people and seek justice for those affected.

Spending on policing was next on the agenda with Andrew Rosindell commenting that crime had fallen in the borough and suggesting Havering’s residents may be subsidising policing in inner-London.

Finally in the light of the Conservative Party’s announcement it would revive Margaret Thatcher’s ‘Right to Buy’ scheme the candidates turned to housing policy.

All spoke of the difficulties young people in particular face getting on to the housing ladder and all had a different take on how best to tackle the issue.

To find out what they said about these issues and more, see a full report in Friday’s Romford Recorder.