Mayors Car

OLD CODGER
See channel 5 program they have clamped the car as the cant pay we will take it away a £12,000.00 debt

Re: Mayors Car

OLD CODGER
They Mayors car is on inance

Re: Mayors Car

Sorry the mayors car is on finance and cannot be taken.

Re: Mayors Car

OLD CODGER
Last one someone sent for a parking warden and he issued a ticket to the Bailiff.
Why does it take so lone for a warden to arrive if you call  them

Re: Mayors Car

dalek1
Didn't see any tv tonite OC.
Are you talking about Havering's mayor by any chance?

Re: Mayors Car

Lorraine Moss
It was on channel 5 D1, you should be able to watch it now on plus one.

Re: Mayors Car

Re: Mayors Car

dalek1
Oh you couldn't make this up.
Thats made my year let alone my day.
Old Phillipa's face you've made me late for a meeting.
Tough!
Justice all round if you think about it.
I've no time for debt collectors/bailiffs not that I've had any dealings with them but it was a great Keystone cops sketch.
As OC said how quick the parking bod turned up and where are they when you need 'em?
Lovely stuff!

Re: Mayors Car

dalek1
I believe our fragrant lady mayoress was on her way to the opening of a seafood restaurant.
On the menu was cockles mussels prawns and clamps!

Re: Mayors Car

dalek1
I've just heard she was on her way to lunch at the Writs!

Re: Mayors Car

MR H
Checking the difference between a bailiff and a debt collector

If you're not sure whether you're dealing with a bailiff or a debt collector, check the following:
• what kind of debt is the person chasing?
• have you received an enforcement notice? This is the official notice you must be given that bailiffs have been instructed to act against you. It must follow a set format. If you haven't received an enforcement notice, it's unlikely to be a bailiff.
• has an officer turned up at your door with no advance notice? Bailiffs must give you certain notices before they can visit your home, so if someone has turned up with no warning, it's probably not a bailiff.

Although debt collectors can chase you to pay what you owe, they're not allowed to take away your belongings.

If the debt collector has issues, he/she is requested to take this up with any legal owner and registered keeper.

If these people are acting in any capacity, they must adhere to any lawful rules. Eg, if a corporate police officer enters your house and takes away your computer, then he is acting outside of his legal capacity, he is no longer a police officer, and he can be sued, not as PC Smith, but Mr Smith.
.
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: Mayors Car

OLD CODGER
They were serving a writ issued by a high court judge and requires no notice until they turn up and can take goods if you don't pay that's why they clamped the mayors car but it was on finance.
They can also work out an agreed payment plan and can list items that cannot be sold until the debt is settled.
I worked for 2 years with High Court Writs.

Re: Mayors Car

MR H
With respect OC, many of these people are not following the correct processes. Even the corporate police officers who are supposed to know the law are totally ignorant.

Hopefully the video clip i'm posting will explain this a bit better.

The man in the clip Guy Taylor has had his property illegally removed, by supposed court bailiffs who are using fraudulent instruments.

in this clip a private debt collector is trying to gain access to Mr Taylor's private property, to seize his sons car in lieu of a fine.

The corporate police  have no idea that the debt collector, is acting illegally with a bogus instrument, and parked on Mr Taylors drive.

Needless to say the debt collector and the corporate police leave with nothing, its a pure case of fraud.

https://youtu.be/NjDcQDddMAU

https://youtu.be/NjDcQDddMAU

It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: Mayors Car

As I recall the Mayoral limmo was purchased on a leasing agreement in September 2008, that is 9 years we have being paying for this vehicle which makes me wonder just what this vehicle has cost the taxpayer.

At the time an S350 diesel was £52k to buy, I also wonder why the mayor of a London borough is driving around in a German built Mercedes and not a British built Jaguar, which incidentally, model for model would have been £12k cheaper.

As I recall a local removal company was involved with a leasing agreement for some Mercedes Sprinter self drive box vans.

I also believe the S350 diesel is one of the most polluting diesel engines Mercedes make at 155gm/km which puts it in the £500 a year road tax bracket.

Re: Mayors Car

dalek1
Yes a wonderful advert for our patriotic Tory mayor driving around in Merc's and Volvo's.
But lets face it our motor industry eroded along with others thanks to Thatchers dogma of not streamlining unprofitable industries but wrecking them completely.
40 odd years ago nearly all public services used British made vehicles but now.
Well departure from the EU and a weaker pound will make imports more expensive so perhaps central and local government will start to purchase British made vehicles again.