Marcus Llewelyn-Rothschild

Council Witness

Re: Marcus Llewelyn-Rothschild

dalek1
Not heard young Marcus's name mentioned for a while!
I thought he was the dames chief hatchet man.
Perhaps the new MP has no use for him and he has disappeared into the abyss!

Re: Marcus Llewelyn-Rothschild

Percy
What sort of plant a wall flower or a triffid.

Re: Marcus Llewelyn-Rothschild

You don't forget a name like M-L-R. Sounds like a merchant banker (wanker?). I know two people who've had run-ins with this man but nothing pertinent to his being a "Tory plant". Like dalek, I understand that he used to be the top pen-pusher with Angela Watkinson. Following her resignation, I'm told he's now the top pen-pusher for another Tory MP. Better than working for a living, you must admit.

Re: Marcus Llewelyn-Rothschild

I was the one that informed the Recorder about Marcus Llewelyn Rothschild.  It was quite common for the Conservatives to get their own people to attend the "Ask The Cabinet" meetings and not declare who they were.  They would ask questions that were favourable to the Administration.

However, I can only speak as I find and I used to often see and speak to Marcus at Full Council meetings and I actually thought that he was very nice.  I also, in the past had to contact him regarding various issues and found him to be helpful.

Re: Marcus Llewelyn-Rothschild

You can fool some of the people some of the time......etc.

Re: Marcus Llewelyn-Rothschild

Lorraine Moss
Back in 2011, Havering Council featured on London Tonight after they purchased Ipads for Cllr's.  This purchase was first revealed on this forum when it was called "Angry of Havering."  I received an anonymous tip off about the Ipads and then submitted a freedom of information request.  It ended up making national headlines.

Just two days later my partner and I attended the June "ask the cabinet" meeting.  We got quite a few frosty looks from the Council Leader and Cabinet members.  Please see the clip below, a resident appears to ask a question about Ipads and there is a rather contrived response from the Leader of the council.  The man who asks the question is none other than Bob Perry who is now the Chairman of the Hornchurch and Upminster Conservatives.

Re: Marcus Llewelyn-Rothschild

Posing as a "concerned resident" and asking planned questions is probably a feature of every council in the country, regardless of its political status. Local politicians seem to believe that constituents are fooled by this deceit. They may have a point - the usual suspects (aka, the same old arse-holes) get into office year after year! Marcus and Bob were simply brushing-up on their ability to porkify and hoping for a place on the gravy train. Neither of these gents is a councillor - why is that? PS - who's that lard-arse on the right of the speaker in the second clip?