MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

dalek1

Meet the Leader and Cabinet
You can meet Cabinet Members on Friday 4 March, 1pm – 2pm, at Sainsbury's supermarket, High Street, Hornchurch, RM11 1TX. This is an opportunity for residents to let the Leader know what is important to them.

Here we go another session with Rog the Dodge and Co.
Any questions to ask folks?

Re: MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

Percy
I shall go if you want me to ask any questions other than why they do not monitor the money they give to clubs.

Re: MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

disgruntled employee
I would turn up if only to ask about how they treat staff (since our trade unions won't stand up for us at Havering Council - too busy with political careers!) But I'd be disciplined for speaking out - so I hope some of you will give him a rough ride!

Re: MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

Royston Eldridge

RE: MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

orangered60
I have numerous complaints with Havering Council and One Source.Meet me to discuss the complaints and why you are disillusioned.

Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 01:24:21 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

I would turn up if only to ask about how they treat staff (since our trade unions won't stand up for us at Havering Council - too busy with political careers!) But I'd be disciplined for speaking out - so I hope some of you will give him a rough ride!

http://havering-forum.46540.x6.nabble.com/MEET-THE-LEADER-4-3-AT-SAINSBURYS-tp42281p42286.html
To start a new topic under Havering Forum..., email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Havering Forum..., click here.
NAML

RE: MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

Percy
Why you think unions act for members is beyond me.They are after your money to pay themselves big salary's and to bribe political parties.My wife a member for years was among a large group discriminated for age by a company that took on her old company.They took it to tribunal but the union failed to represent them and they had to take on their own barristers.Fortunately we were insured.The union wanted new members but failed to back them.

Re: MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

Terry Matthews

Re: MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

Percy
We used to have quarterly ward meetings where the councilors turned up and told us all that was prposed and answered questions .Now no one does that how about the residents group starting it up again especially in the area the rats are in to show the new people who will stand as residents next time or how about naming the new candidates now.

Re: MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

Point taken. I did get to attend one of the meet the leader session last year. I took a whole days leave from work got the bus from Romford where I live to Upminster got there early (the session started at 12 pm) thinking the it would be mobbed so I'd better not miss a place and how many folk were there? Er me old Rog the Dodge and that was it. I had about 5 minutes of Rog's time (which in all honesty was all I needed) bade him farewell and in that time no one else had turned up. Right where's the publicity for these events (non events being a far better description)? Answer Haverings propaganda sheet Havering Living and their e-mail newsletters. He haw in the local press on posters in public buildings on local radio (I think)so attendance minimal. However old Rog thinks the publicity is sufficient as he told me when I asked him where is everybody.
As I work uptown and the as the meet the leader session are on a Friday and don't finish work till 6 its a total non starter for me unless I'm lucky enough to get a Friday off work which ain't easy for me. Still I'm aiming to be at one some time soon. I'll make sure I've taken a few mogadons first incase Rog bores the arse off me.

Re: MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

Norman
Banned User

thats a great story mister d----made me laugh out loud!!!!   ive only met him once and  hes got appalling hallytosis-----did you notice that???

Re: MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

dalek1
Just appalling would be an apt description Norm. I've seen him a few times in Romford and you never see people rushing up to greet him or give him any grief. He's a highly non descript individual.

Re: MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

Terry Matthews

Re: MEET THE LEADER 4/3 AT SAINSBURYS

Percy
If the councilors got £5000 to spend as they would is buying bikes a good use.I would think hiring halls and printing information literature a better use.
Revolutions are always verbose.