London Mayor?

Ho-Hum
I'm considering my vote for London Mayor.

Sadiq Khan comes across as a sincere guy but Asian  politicians in UK often have hidden agendas of looking after their own.

Goldsmith is a reasonable enough chap with some moderate views BUT what's an heir to a multi billion pound fortune doing  asking the General Public for £20.00 to prop up his campaign?

There are other runners too but which of them is worthy to be London Mayor?

Re: London Mayor?

bellend
should I care London's lost.

Re: London Mayor?

Percy
Yes indeed not much choice for the traditional voter.

Re: London Mayor?

Thing is, somebody will be mayor and for me it's a process of elimination...I can see a couple I definitely don't want.

Take Sol Campbell, great football defender BUT could he TACKLE London's problems?

George Galloway, in my view, would be the most divisive.

Re: London Mayor?

bellend
sol Campbell hasn't learned the "tricks" of the trade yet, so may be the best option.

Re: London Mayor?

I have to be honest I haven't given it much thought but the question I ask is:

Do we need a London Mayor to go with the 33 other Mayors that are already in London?

We have 32 Borough's with 32 leaders/mayors. Some have a leader and a mayor.

We have the City of London with yet another Mayor

We have London Councils that represent the London borough's

We have the Greater London Authority with yet another Mayor.

To be perfectly honest with you if Brian Eagling can be one of these Mayors then we might as well bin the lot of them cos no one will notice they have gone.

I wonder which Romford Conservative leaflet deliverer Rosindell will appoint as the next Mayor of Havering.

Re: London Mayor?

confused of hornchurch

Let's not bother with one until we've solved the 'austerity crisis'.

Re: London Mayor?

Sol isn't Campbell's real name, it's Sulzeer Jeremiah....Doesn't have the same ring as Boris or Ken and defenders are also known for fouls.  Foul is the equivalent of mistake.  Mayor's shouldn't make too many mistakes.

Re: London Mayor?

'Mayor' or 'Leader' is merely a title but I suppose a capital city should have a figurehead.

Still as you correctly point out there are so many authoritative bodies in Greater London do we really need another one, the answer could well be, perhaps not.

Re: London Mayor?

Ho-Hum
This lump of hypercritical lard couldn't get my vote.  My elimination process goes on.

                  Diane Crabbot

Re: London Mayor?

Percy
Abbot is not standing for Mayor she would be labour and that is khan.

Re: London Mayor?

We need to form the five or six super boroughs ditch all thse petty mayors which is simply a reward for not upsetting the party or ratting on others.Six Mayors and a London mayor each with an elected board of councilors perhaps 60 in total all sitting at the London central offices could run London .if each borough has 50 odd councilors as we do then for the 32 boroughs that is 700 councilors it is ridiculous.

Re: London Mayor?

bellend
if that were to happen, we would be run by Asians, may be a good thing?

Re: London Mayor?

Percy the City of London (1 square mile) has 25 wards with an Alderman in each ward.

Assisting them are 4 councillors in each ward (100) and some of the wards consist of 2 roads.

Greater London has 73 MP's - 25 London Assembly Members - 1,970 councillors and 34 Mayors.

Britain is the most corrupt country on earth.

Re: London Mayor?

confused of hornchurch

How can we afford all those wages when we are in austerity measures?

Or is that part of the problem?

Re: London Mayor?

Norman

and havering sets the example!!!!!

Re: London Mayor?

Yes indeed China only has 1000 MPs equivalent to run 1.2 billion people We have the worlds biggest legislature not counting the EU.The poor Scots have another layer on top of that.

Re: London Mayor?

confused of hornchurch

Time for a cost-cutting exercise!

Re: London Mayor?

Norman
Banned User

why do we need roger and his fucking cronies????  just to spend our hard earned for us???

Re: London Mayor?

Crabbot was a candidate but has stood down in favour Khan...a wise move by the lady or should I say lardy.