Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

dalek1
The benefits of Tory rail privatisation.
The British commuter is paying nearly five times the amount for equivalent distance journeys in France and Spain.
And the dickheads running the Shenfield to Liverpool st line shut the service down over the Christmas period using rail replacement buses enough to deter folk from travelling on what is the busiest two weekends of the year.
Tossers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42536159

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

Outcry over rail prices as Chris Grayling takes flight....

The transport secretary was accused of “running scared” yesterday after flying abroad as anger grew over the biggest rail fare rise in five years.

Chris Grayling became the focus of criticism over a 3.4 per cent increase in fares, with claims that millions of passengers could be priced out of using the railways. It led to renewed speculation that he could be sacked in a forthcoming cabinet reshuffle.

CLICK HERE

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

Phil Wailing
Sign the petition HERE

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

Adopting the financial and operating model of RENFE would be in my opinion a lot better than what we have at present.
The Ardleigh Green bridge replacement probably sums up our railway management at present,I believe it’s in its fourth year,to put it into context the Second World War lasted six.
The worrying thing is that when it’s finally finished will it have to be altered to make it usable for the gender fluid amongst us as this was not an issue when the project started.

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

It would be good to see that shitbag on the back benches but old Tess has hit the same prob Corbyn had in a different manner she cant keep any of her front bench team.
Ah shame.

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

Signed.
What a vile piece of sub human shit.
I'm sure he's a disciple of Mein Kampf.
Thanks for putting that on the site Phil.
I'll spread the word.

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

From my local newsletter Fred. Ardleigh Green Bridge Ha.

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

fred
32 million and rising no doubt,good job they aren’t working 24 hours a day like any sensible country would otherwise you could probably double the cost.
Only reinforced my opinion that you should never never let a public servant? loose to negotiate with a private contractor.Rings and running around spring to mind.

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

Sounds like it may be a case of crappy project management, in which discipline there's a humorous saying about what's called "The Six P's". In other words - PISS POOR PLANNING = PISS POOR PERFORMANCE.

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

fred
Yes could be,but why wasn’t he/she sent down the road as soon as it started to overrun?
Public money=no accountability=fuck it I’ll get my bonus anyway.

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

Does Keith Prince know the difference between his arsehole and his elbow.
If memory serves me correct that crossing has been there more like 50 years.
My Aunt and Uncle lived off Ardleigh Green road and that was the last turn off when my Dad used to drive up from Hackney and its been there as long as I can remember.
I'm sure Prince knows where City hall is on the Southbank when he pitches up each month to pick up his allowances.

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

From the Autumn 2017 edition of my local newsletter.

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

fred
BR replaced a bridge at Vauxhall in a weekend back in the day,but this was organised by professional railwaymen with cooperation between the engineering and running departments not rocket science,its what this country used to do as a matter of course.
To put it into context Vauxhall is the first station out of Waterloo the busiest station in the country.

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

Rastaozzie
I used to work for the old British Rail, out of the old Herne Hill engineering depot. I agree with you Fred some proper railwaymen run the show in those days, their life blood was the railways took a pride in the job and gave it their all, tough as old boots, liked a drink most of em with a great sense of comradeship in working for the railway. Happy days indeed , Nostalgia eh , its a sign I'm getting old.

Yes mate,BR and the LTPB were staffed by people who knew their jobs inside out many having started on the bottom rung from school and worked their way up learning as they went,then along came the box tickers from equality and diversity allocating jobs not on merit,but on gender,colour,disability and now in all probabily to gender fluid fairies,pushing the professionals to one side with the resultant chaos that now reigns over our transport infrastructure.
I feel sorry for the people who HAVE to use it as a means of getting from A to B.

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

fred
The homeless and rough sleepers were removed for the Olympics,don't make it right,but same dish different gravy.
Can't remember a big hulabaloo then,but people was too preoccupied getting tickets to watch a load of druggies prance about.

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

Ho-Hum
Acidic post Fred BUT true.  Anomalies are part of our culture.  I've nothing against the Markle girl BUT I bet she doesn't have a problem becoming a UK citizen....Others who marry Brits it's often see ya later, eh?

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....

fred
My ole Nan used to say “the truth hurts”,life’s not fair,but you can’t just criticise the bits you don’t like about it.
I heard that if your house burns down the council are now giving away million pound houses and organising pop concerts to raise money for you,and the illegals who were in the property and tenants that had been sub letting have been given immunity from prosecution or deportation?
On the other side of this mad house it was reported in the papers that our illustrious leaders of commerce have earned the yearly average wage £28000 in three days.
Just two stories from the last couple of weeks,but I’m sure some of you fellas could come up with more of the same.

Re: Life in Britain under the Conservatives.....