Liesure centre

Percy
Watching this tragedy in West London and seeing the cladding burn.I have to ask is that cladding the same as the new liesure centre the schwink in Western road.It looks the same to me.

Re: Liesure centre

dalek1
Our dear friends in the council are very keen to get the leisure centre open in time for the next LE in 2018.
A giant showpiece or more than likely a big white elephant.
Will it win them the next LA?
I don't think so!

Re: Liesure centre

Percy
Its so ugly totally out of place the blue scwink.

Re: Liesure centre

dalek1
Well it just ads to the total lack of thought in design blending in and so on in Romford town centre.
That kind of eyesore would be torn down brick by brick in a town like Bath.
No it wouldn't even get past the planning stage.

Re: Liesure centre

Percy
They would struggle so far as I can see it has no bricks.

Re: Liesure centre

dalek1
I was passing the site last night and guess who the builder is?
Yes Willmott Dixon of Orchard Village notoriety.
Well I wont be going there for one.