Leave the EU

Terry Matthews

Re: Leave the EU

Royston Eldridge

Re: Leave the EU

In my view it's a lot of one way traffic.  In some cases we're supporting foreign families in the form of benefits who don't even reside here and generally give far more than we take.

We don't need to be chained to Europe to do business with them.  The glorious moment we opt out we regain the reins to our nation.

It's a no-brainer for me.
Bob

Re: Leave the EU

Bob
You are very out of touch terry the Labour party with its extra 500,000 members is holding stay meetings every where.the new members are like evangelists who believe Jeremy is the second coming.the war has not started yet and he who controls the media will win and that is Murdoch who wants in to pay for the new rings he has to buy.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Leave the EU

Terry Matthews

Re: Leave the EU

Phil Wailing
I am sure you have read this Terry but I will post it nevertheless.

Page 14 of this weeks Recorder.

Re: Leave the EU

confused of hornchurch

But nobody can tell us what the threats were, or where they came from.
That would make for interesting reading!
Bob

Re: Leave the EU

Bob
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/at-150-a-head-the-queen-s-90th-birthday-party-is-turning-into-a-right-royal-pr-disaster-a6814941.html
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Leave the EU

Probably a bit too much for them to organise. Little Miss D1 had a birthday and bowling party at city limits a few years back and what a fuck up they made of it.
We arrived slightly late as the birthday girl often does to find a lot of her friends milling around and a couple of parents came up to us to say we're in the wrong place as they had no party for her arranged. We booked it months beforehand and has paid most of money and even showed them the receipts and some dozy receptionist said we never made the booking. Eventually the party got going about half an hour late and all me and Mrs D1 did was spent the afternoon apologising to pissed off parents and kids for them hanging around.
Well if they cant organise a party for 40 school kids how the hell are they going to organise stewarding provide security and so on for 1,200 conference delegates?
The only threat I can see to their business is the event would be so badly ran word would get around and no one would go there again.

Re: Leave the EU

Royston Eldridge

Re: Leave the EU

dalek1
Oh thats good to know mate.
Very reassuring I don't think.
An organisation who cant run a party for 40 school kids are running organisational skills for our beloved council.
Brilliant stuff.

Re: Leave the EU

 Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:07am GMT
End of Europe? Berlin, Brussels' shock tactic on migrants

BRUSSELS/BERLIN  |  By Alastair Macdonald and Noah Barkin

Reuters/Hannibal Hanschke

Is this how "Europe" ends?

The Germans, founders and funders of the post-war union, shut their borders to refugees in a bid for political survival by the chancellor who let in a million migrants. And then -- why not? -- they decide to revive the Deutschmark while they're at it.

That is not the fantasy of diehard Eurosceptics but a real fear articulated at the highest levels in Berlin and Brussels.

Chancellor Angela Merkel, her ratings hit by crimes blamed on asylum seekers at New Year parties in Cologne, and EU chief executive Jean-Claude Juncker both said as much last week.

Juncker echoed Merkel in warning that the central economic achievements of the common market and the euro are at risk from incoherent, nationalistic reactions to migration and other crises. He renewed warnings that Europe is on its "last chance", even if he still hoped it was not "at the beginning of the end".

Merkel, facing trouble among her conservative supporters as much as from opponents, called Europe "vulnerable" and the fate of the euro "directly linked" to resolving the migration crisis -- highlighting the risk of at the very least serious economic turbulence if not a formal dismantling of EU institutions.

Some see that as mere scare tactics aimed at fellow Europeans by leaders with too much to lose from an EU collapse -- Greeks and Italians have been seen to be dragging their feet over controlling the bloc's Mediterranean frontier and eastern Europeans who benefit from German subsidies and manufacturing supply chain jobs have led hostility to demands that they help take in refugees.

Germans are also getting little help from EU co-founder France, whose leaders fear a rising anti-immigrant National Front, or the bloc's third power, Britain, consumed with its own debate on whether to just quit the European club altogether.

So, empty threat or no, with efforts to engage Turkey's help showing little sign yet of preventing migrants reaching Greek beaches, German and EU officials are warning that without a sharp drop in arrivals or a change of heart in other EU states to relieve Berlin of the lonely task of housing refugees, Germany could shut its doors, sparking wider crisis this spring.

Re: Leave the EU

Well at least we know who to blame!

Re: Leave the EU

Phil Wailing
I blame Gordon Brown.

He got the blame for everything else so why not this.

Re: Leave the EU

dalek1
If you want to put the blame for all this firmly at someone's doorstep then go back to 1973 and blame the one who took us in Ted Heath. At the time 4 countries were applying for membership of the common market or EEC as it was then. Ourselves Rep of Ireland Denmark and Norway and what was the difference between them and us? They all realised it was too big for a parliamentary vote and all had national referendums of which Norway like us fiercely independent voted no and the Danish vote was close. If that would have been given as Heath promised he was going to do then he knew we would never have gone in mainly due to his and the Tories unpopularity at the time. So we had a handful of politicians deciding to sign away much of our sovereignty to a bunch of faceless Eurocrats. And they (the common market) wanted us in? Why we'd just hit oil  making us the only oil producer in Western Europe at that time. Now look at the Euro. Every country bar Denmark and Sweden was shoed into the Euro without a national referendum and the two who did hold referendums chucked it out. We wont bother as the vote would be a foregone conclusion against.
No time to say goodbye to Brussels and do as Churchill once said choose the open seas.

Re: Leave the EU

confused of hornchurch

Germany should close its borders to refugees, Angela Merkel's own transport minister says

The country can no longer show its "friendly face" if the number of refugees arriving doesn't fall soon, Angela Merkel is warned

By Melanie Hall, Berlin

5:09PM GMT 19 Jan 2016

Germany must close its borders to refugees as it can no longer show its “friendly face” if the huge influx continues, its transport minister has urged Angela Merkel.

Alexander Dobrindt called on the chancellor to prepare to shut the country’s borders unless other European countries agreed to help reduce migrant numbers.

Mr Dobrindt said Germany could no longer show the world a “friendly face” as the country struggles to cope with the 1.1 million migrants who arrived in 2015.

“I urgently advise: we must prepare ourselves for not being able to avoid border closures,” Mr Dobrindt told the Münchner Merkur newspaper, adding: “I would advise us all to prepare a plan B.”