Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

Council Witness

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

Phil Wailing
In the 2015 general election Sam Gould was the Labour candidate in Romford and he lost by 14,799 votes.

In the 2017 general election Leatherbarrow lost by 13,878 votes so she's not as useless as the previous candidate.

I live in Romford and have done for 46 years and I have never once had any Labour literature put through my door, it is no wonder Rosindell has such a large majority. Labour in Romford are as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

 God help the poor white people of Romford ????????????? should have told that to bliar i havn't voted labour since that heap of shite, a tory plant??? wouldn't put it past them. don't know who was the worse blair or thatcher, but both had hidden agendas and both ruined this once nice place to live. now back to the football.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

Peter W.
The Romford CLP AGM is being held at  Saffron House, 273 South Street, Romford, Essex, RM1 2BE on Saturday 30th June at 11am.

I look forward to seeing you there CW when I’m sure you and your “source” will be exercising your democratic right to state your case for being elected as the new Chair.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

Phil Wailing
Hi Peter

There needs to be a massive shake up in the Romford CLP and the first thing you need to do is get some serious fundraising sorted out.

There is no democracy in Havering, it is all controlled by a handful of undesirables in Romford and a few totaly bent RA and Independents.

The  Tory's are buying votes using the utterly corrupt councillor allowance system and SRA's and self interest scum are lining their pockets with it.

The Tory's haven't won an election in Havering since 2010 yet we have a Tory administration from 2014 to 2022 and all because of self interest scum like Eagling Wise Goode and Deon Burton.

The only way this corrupt cycle can be broken is by you lot getting your act together and taking on Rosindell in Romford and Collier Row.

On a lighter note, pop into the Walled Garden on any Tuesday or Thursday it's starting to come together but there is still a mountain to climb.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

Angela Leatherbarrow did come round to my place in Brooklands prior to the election and I found her to be a straight talker and very genuine.
I saw her again on election day and she advised me that his Rosserness had pitched up at Crowlands school and was twice chucked off the site for violating election rules which was confirmed by the presiding officer.
In all fairness to Labour they fort a clean campaign going by the literature I read and didn't resort to the scumbags lying cheating deceptive campaign as usual.
However I must agree with Phil their campaign throughout the borough was lacklustre to say the least but at least they didn't lower themselves to the dirtbags gutter tactics.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

Peter W.
Morning Phil

I haven’t been able to get over to Bedfords Park since returning from holiday last week unfortunately owing to some pressing family business which has more or less taken up all my time.I will try to get over there at some point this week and I look forward to hopefully meeting up and also seeing the progress made to The Walled Garden.

Although it’s not the best time for me personally,I still plan to be a candidate for one of the positions within the Romford CLP,and if fortunate enough to be selected I’d like to take a more active role in the Party.I’ve a few ideas that I’d like to put forward as to how we can put ourselves in a position to challenge the Conservatives at the next GE and local elections.

One thing I’m not though is naive.I fully understand the scale of the task we face and also the financial and numerical strength of the opposition.I believe the initial most pressing challenges we face are a lack of finance and a dearth of people available to carry out any ideas.

For instance I would like to produce a quarterly news letter distributed to every Ward in Romford explaining the cesspit of corruption and dishonesty  which currently exists at local level and also the ineptitude of our MP.As a resident in Pettits I’ve been impressed by the regular flow of information produced by the RA in the Ward and I’d like to perhaps replicate that across the constituency.Most people are totally oblivious to the shenanigans going on and come polling day blithely put their cross in the blue box (or RA at local elections).I believe the first step to changing this is to actually inform everyone as to what the situation is currently.However in order for this to come to fruition we need the funds to produce the literature and the manpower to deliver the newsletter/leaflets.These two issues have to be addressed first before we can make any progress.

As I say,I’m not naive though  and I know it’s going to be a long and difficult road to achieving any kind of success.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

Phil Wailing
As you know Peter I do the Pettits Newsletter and it takes years to build up a network of delivers and advertisers but you have to start somewhere. Next time I see you I will give you the history of how we started and built it up to what it is today.

We only charge a nominal amount for advertising (purely to cover printing costs) but if we trebled our advertising rates they would still be cheap.

Pettits can be taken from the Torys, the RA got within a couple of hundred votes of ousting Misir and that was with only one election leaflet going out. This corrupt stranglehold of the Romford Conservatives must be broken and it will never be done by the RA or Independents as most of them are as bent as the Tory's.

Barrett
Ower
Van den Hende
Eagling
Wise
Goode
Donald (now gone)
Ford
Alexander
Hawthorn
Mylod
Deon Burton

I wouldn't trust one of them.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

The present leadership and policies of the latest incarnation of your Party maybe a handicap.
Communism ended in 1990.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

Peter W.
Which particular current policies do you consider communistic Fred ?

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

fred
State control.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

I believe your man was in Jordan yesterday visiting refugees? Why doesn’t he move there if he’s that concerned,perhaps Diane thinks we haven’t got enough already.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

Peter W.
Certain industries should have a higher level of state control / regulation.

Essentials such as Water and Energy for example together with certain other areas in particular transport.

We currently have a situation where  industries have been sold off to private companies,who in turn have decimated the quality of service provided in order to facilitate huge wages for their top echelons of management and share owners.We even have the ridiculous situation of certain Train providers unable to meet requirements and in turn being bailed out financially by the current Government .....that’s my and your money going to these parasites.How Chris Grayling ever rose to the position of Government Minister is one of life’s great mysteries.The man is simply incompetent.

Was previous state run industries wasteful and poorly run ? The answer to that question is of course “Yes” .However that doesn’t mean that future ones have to be.We can’t keep propping up these failing private enterprises with Tax payers money.Virtually every other civilised country in the world have State owned industries.France,Germany,Japan etc have cheaper and more efficient  trains than us.Why can’t we replicate this ?

We’ve reached the ridiculous situation where our Trains,Energy etc are now owned / funded by other countries governments.Most of the buildings in London together with most of the current infrastructure investment is being provided by overseas money.

We voted as a Nation for Brexit with the slogan of “Taking back control “ .Only problem with that is we’ve already sold most of our country to overseas investors.

I have a certain amount of sympathy with your views,but we lived through the 70s when everything was nationalised and the unions ran things,we don’t wish for our grandkids to experience that again.It isn’t perfect today by any stretch of the imagination,but politicians and businesses don’t mix well.
If you want something publicly run build a pipeline from the north of Scotland to the South to move water,then don’t let the environment agency within a million miles of it,leave it to the locals along its length they know how their water tables and habitat work.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

Phil Wailing
I lived through the 70's and they were the best years of my life. Got married, bought a house, had 2 kids and bought a new Cortina Ghia in 78.

Wife didn't work, we could live on my income. Oh my God how I wish my grand kids could have the life I had in the 70's but they cant. They will never own a house, they will never be able to have kids and their wives pack up work, they will never be able to retire.

Life today is pure hell compared to those brilliant times in the 70's.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

bellend
yes we were indanger of having it too good, we were getting to the stage of not having to come back monday, something had to be done, and by gollywogs it was.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

Phil Wailing
My house was a new build in 1974 and it cost four and a half times the average UK annual wage.

Today that same house costs 15 times the average UK annual wage.

In 1974 I was a first time buyer and I could afford to buy that house on my salary alone so my wife packed up work and we started a family.

Today a fist time buyer will need an £85,000 deposit and a £340,000 mortgage to buy that same house. The seventies were the best years ever for the ordinary working man.

If a young couple today could even raise that sort of cash they will be saddled with a £2,100 a month mortgage + council tax, utilities and insurance. One of them will need to earn £38,000 a year just to pay the bills.

The Bank of England interest rate is at an historic all-time low (0.5%) If that rate increases, and it will probably on 2nd Aug this year, and again in November, that £2,100 mortgage will become a £2,500 mortgage and one of them will need to earn £43,000 a year just to pay the bills. They will then need another £3,200 a year for Tesco, don’t even think about starting a family, holidays or car ownership.

The ONS claim you can no longer afford to live in London on less than £55,000 a year.

Take me back to the 70’s tomorrow, life was brilliant in that decade.

Our grandkids are at the mercy of the criminal banks that brought the global economy to its knees. They are at the mercy of tax evading multi nationals like Amazon, Starbucks and Google. Our grandkids haven’t got a hope in hell of ever having the life we’ve enjoyed and as for retiring.. Ha our grandkids will die at work. This country has been driven back to the Dickensian era.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

They were,only problem was if you wanted a cooker could take weeks depending on the mood of the person selling it and a fitter installing it,a telephone line,you could grow old waiting,but the best entertainment was watching your car grow holes as the rust ate it away on your drive.
Anybody remember £50 maximum you could take on holiday abroad.
Rubbish uncollected for weeks,oh we’ve got that now,you may or may not bury your loved ones depending on whether a nice man will dig a hole for you between working to rule and striking.
The one plus was we didn’t have upwards of 4 million visitors rinsing our Health and Social Security systems.
History is to be learnt from,Lunacy is repeating something and expecting a different result.

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

Phil Wailing
Cars going rusty had nothing whatsoever to do with the labour force. Modern cars are made from zintec coated steel and electro coated before they go to paint. Cars rusting was a global problem not one confined to Britain.

I dont ever recall waiting for delivery of large white goods any longer than you wait today, or a phone connection come to that and I don't ever remember rubbish not being collected for weeks in Havering.

I have just had to wait 5 weeks to bury a loved one, in Havering in 2018

Re: Leatherbarrow and Meyer Out Of Romford Labour Party !

fred
Our condolences to you.

Maybe it was different in inner S London.
The politics were certainly different,it was Labour with the Tory’s nowhere,not quite sure what you’ve got out here,only thing that’s constant is the clammer to get in the cookie jar and the seemingly incompetence of the Councillors,but that has been mirrored wherever we’ve lived.
123