Labour Today

Ho-Hum
Jeremy Corbyn accused of fostering hate as Esther McVey faces renewed abuse.

Re: Labour Today

Ho-Hum
A key ally of Jeremy Corbyn has urged Labour-run local authorities to consider doubling the amount of council tax imposed on wealthy homeowners.

Chris Williamson, the shadow fire minister, said the proposal would help alleviate the pressure on councils struggling financially as a result of Government funding cuts.

Mr Williamson’s plan would see council tax frozen on properties in Bands A to C while homes in Band D would see payments hiked by 20 per cent.

The rate of council tax would then increase progressively, culminating with a 100 per cent rise for homes in Band H.

Band H includes all properties valued in excess of £320,000.

In Havering most private houses are valued in excess of £320,000?

Re: Labour Today

The core issue of council funding is the cuts by this Conservative government...... Councils, like the NHS have been destroyed by the human filth known as the Conservative party....

Councils in England are calling for the end of austerity, saying the UK government plans to slash their core funding 77 per cent.

Between 2015 and 2020, the Revenue Support Grant will have shrunk 77p in the pound, the Local Government Association says. Almost half of all councils — 168 — will no longer receive any core central government funding in the 2019/20 budgetary year, according to the LGA.

So where do you suggest the money to fund councils comes from....

https://www.ft.com/content/9c6b5284-6000-11e7-91a7-502f7ee26895

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9354336/Councils-will-have-no-money-for-main-services-by-2020.html

Re: Labour Today

Ho-Hum
My allegiance is not with any party.

I'm merely showing Labour today.

Keep your toys in your pram.

Re: Labour Today

Ho-Hum

            Labour is in an interesting position.

Re: Labour Today

So where do you suggest the money comes from??

Re: Labour Today

Mark One
Errr.. building solar parks, wind turbines and tree top adventure rope adventure trails ???? (Exit stage left -runs and ducks for cover)

Re: Labour Today

confused of hornchurch

Best the council can do is go back to central government and say carry on paying the same as you always did or we will close the council offices down and walk away from the mess that you have helped create.

The government is NOT hard up there is a larger population than ever paying ever increasing taxes, so where is the money going? Put the ball squarely back in the hands of Central Government.

Of course, all those in local government won't do that because they are scared of losing their overpaid roles.

Re: Labour Today

No problem with me building all the things you suggest Razz, my problem is where you want to build them. Nature Reserves are for protecting the wildlife, flora and fauna and our green natural places for future generations. They are not money making development sites.

Why don't they put any of the suggested items in Raphael or Lodge farm Park???

Ideal place for both a solar farm and a Tarzan Experience RAPHAEL PARK

Re: Labour Today

Mark One
Actually from a logistics point of view a solar park in Raphael's is not a bad idea. It could be cabled directly into the Town Hall and with battery storage I would estimate the simple payback at around seven years with a rate of return of about 15%. Not a bad investment that. Do you think they would give me my job back if I suggested it😉?

Re: Labour Today

Phil Wailing
I think if you had even suggested that when you were with the council you would resigned quicker than you did.

Re: Labour Today

That sounds like a solid business plan, I suggest you approach the council with your ideas.

Re: Labour Today

What are you suggesting Phil, that it's ok for some areas but not for others?

Re: Labour Today

A plague on your houses if you go near Gidea Park or the Exibition Estate. They want to knock one house down in Upper Brentwood Road and Rosindell and the entire cabinet are out in protest to save some dump called Hare Lodge.

Knock it down and build 300 affordable flats on it then we can house more of Tower Hamlets rejects.

Re: Labour Today

Mark One
You are properly right there Phil, still you never know, if they are desperately short of revenue... needs must if the devil drives eh.

Re: Labour Today

confused of hornchurch

I used to live in a civilised society with hospitals, police stations, fire stations, local schools, decent roads and railways.

If it's ok to sell off for profit most of these assets then why not make the councillors' and town hall staff work out of a coffee shop on their laptops and close the council offices?

If we can do without police stations, then surely we can do without council offices. The town hall should be sold off for redevelopment the same as the hospitals and police stations (at least they served a purpose).

Re: Labour Today

Phil Wailing
Developers want to knock this dump down and the whole lot of them are out in protest.

Destroy 2 of Haverings Local Nature Reserves and not one of the useless sponging parasites can be found.

Re: Labour Today

Nice one,sense of humour will get you through the day

Re: Labour Today

Yes,I’m old enough to remember all that,common sense is the last thing on the agenda nowadays unfortunately.

Re: Labour Today

Mark One
I find it often does Fred, some folks take themselves far to seriously now days I feel.
1234 ... 10