LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

dalek1
Lean, mean, cleaning machines boost Cleaner Havering Campaign
Tuesday 10 November 2015

​Havering Council is investing more than £100,000 in a new fleet of street cleaning machines, in a major boost to the Cleaner Havering Campaign.
​A brand new £40,000 pavement washer and sweeper will be joined on the streets by three smaller pavement sweepers and three new chewing gum removal machines.

To begin with, the new machines will be used in Romford Town Centre, but will later be moving to other areas in the borough.

The gum removal machines have recently been targeting the area around Romford Station and the pavements in South Street and the Main Road underpass.

The mechanical sweepers can sweep and clean over three times the area that an operative can in one day will be used throughout the town centre. The larger machine not only sweeps, but can also wash down pavement areas and jet wash street furniture such as bins and benches.

Councillor Robert Benham, Cabinet Member for Environment said:

“We promised that we’d invest in making Havering a cleaner borough, and these new machines are proof that we’re keeping our word. This is a major boost for the Cleaner Havering Campaign, which is at the heart of our vision for the future.

“The new machines for removing chewing gum are particularly welcome. We know the public want us to continue to remove gum from our streets, but it’s a labour intensive and expensive operation. People should properly dispose of their gum or risk being fined.”

Yet another fine initiative from the brain dead's in the town hall. They could try using a grass box when they mow the grass banks outside my front door. Every time they do its half done and in high summer when the grass dries up it blows all over the place leaving the street sweepers to clear up the mess. That creates more mess than any person could in a year.

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

Percy.
'Yet another fine initiative from the brain dead's in the town hall. They could try using a grass box when they mow the grass banks outside my front door. Every time they do its half done and in high summer when the grass dries up it blows all over the place leaving the street sweepers to clear up the mess. That creates more mess than any person could in a year.'

Silly boy by not collecting the grass they save the planet and money.No transportation cost no waste of fuel no cost of landfill and the grass feeds the earth and the worms do the work.A win win

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

dalek1
Hold on Perc what about the fact the guy mowing the banks drove to my turning in a  vehicle using petrol to get wherever to my turning. How about the fact (I believe) that we as domestic users have designated green bins for a specific reason ie the green waste is in all likely hood goes to produce compost to enrich the soil (not from the grass banks in my turning). Plus it plays havoc with my and other peoples hay fever in summer months and also if the driver/mower has biodegradable sacks (like the ones in Sainsburys prices at £2 a roll) then they are certainly saving the environment more so than if they leave the glass to blow away. Who's a silly boy now then?

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

Percy.
They should use Hydrogen cell mowers but the rest is just bluster those with Hay fever would be worse off if the council did not cut the grass and any sack must cause pollution.The green bins are paid for by the householder would you vote to increase the council tax to pay for more bags and grass taken away.

No I wouldn't pay any more Perc and why the hell should I?
Our two neighbouring boroughs B and D and Redbridge charge nothing to collect green waste so how can Havering justify £35 pa or £5 a pop for five green sacks? Is that encouraging recycling? No it isn't! Many folk put their green waste in the black sacks unlike myself who has a recycling bin and pays for the service. Whilst I don't condone this its not surprising. Why do Havering have to be different from nearly every borough in London and charge for green waste? And can you tell me why myself and other hay fever suffers have massive sneezing fits when passing newly mown grass? Any ideas on that one?

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

Percy.
Most hay fever is caused by grass pollen so most are saved by cutting the grass.B&D is an overdeveloped shit hole would you rather live there?50p a week to collect the garden waste is a bargain.Havering also supply cheap compost bins so you can save even more waste and money get out build a worm farm I have five.

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

dalek1
If you could swap the services in B and D and the environment of Havering it would be a great match. Folk in B and D get a lot more for their money than we do. And cutting the grass is one thing but not collecting the grass is another. I'm not the only one in my street who's commented on the fact that no grass box is used when our grass banks are mowed. When I mow my own lawn in summer I have massive sneezing fits just afterwards. As you said hay fever is mostly caused by grass pollen so when the grass is mowed and not collected in a grass box naturally it will head upwards and those like me who are prone to  hay fever will be more vulnerable to an attack. Short answer. Put a fucking grass box on the mowers and take it to the green dump.

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

Percy.
B&D get their money from the thousands of flats crammed in and the lack of spaces.Build on Raphaels park and a few others put in 10,000 more homes and you can have better services.

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

bellend
that depends on what quality of housing, sounds bad I know, but the more dense the housing the more it attracts ( through in most cases no fault of their own) people who would use council facilities.

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

Planning of havering
You dipstick Percy hydrogen powered mowers where would you fuel them the only local hydrogen station was near the palms hotel it soon shut nobody used it or by your way of thinking the council would have to build one then we could really complain about waste of money

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

Herd of goats is the healthy option and cheapest for keeping the grass down....Somebody is bound to bleat naaaay.

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

confused of hornchurch

The council could "maximise revenue" by selling the goat's milk.

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

Terry Matthews

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

Norman
Banned User

your posts are very good terry but you need to chill out a bit if you dont mind me saying so------youse very serious!!!!  why not come out on the turps this evening with Barrel and me????

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

dalek1
Thats an offer I'd have to say no to Terry.
If you get my drift.

Re: LEAN MEAN CLEANING MACHINES FROM HAVERING STREETCARE

and could be sold to the masons for a nice sacrifice ritual when their chewing days are less economical.

dont be a spoilsport dalek!!------barrel and i will look after terry and make sure he loosens up----let it all hang out terry!!!   pints and triple brandy chasers, go for it!!