KINGS HEAD PUB ROMFORD IN THE 60'S AND 70'S

KINGS HEAD PUB ROMFORD IN THE 60'S AND 70'S

dalek1
Does anyone of the posters on this sight remember this venue?
I've been told some of rocks royalty played there at some point.
This included Deep Purple Fleetwood Mac and Supertramp to name but a few.
I visited the Havering museum last weekend and brought up the KH with one of the staff who had heard of it but wasn't up to speed with the venue but he said the museum wouldn't be adverse to holding some kind of show to celebrate this place if they had enough material.
Does anyone have any recollections of this place?
A former work mate of mine told me he saw Fleetwood Mac there and it cost him 7/6 to get in!
And I thought I was getting off cheap when I saw the great David Bowie at Milton Keynes for £7.50!

Re: KINGS HEAD PUB ROMFORD IN THE 60'S AND 70'S

Ho-Hum
The Beatles played at Romford Odeon one time...think it was the Odeon.

Re: KINGS HEAD PUB ROMFORD IN THE 60'S AND 70'S

used to dance in the puddings stratford to rod stewart and the small faces Friday nights.