Jail Bird

Re: Jail Bird

Percy.
Never underestimate the woman spurned.

Re: Jail Bird

Shiiiit Man is it a transsexual type of fellow??, "cut orft her nose to spite her face" she should of cut orft her head to help her face.

Probably both get banged up in the same prison.

Nity Nite...

Re: Jail Bird

Re: Jail Bird

Re: Jail Bird

Captain Blogger
I find it utterly hysterical that she thought she would stitch up her ex-husband and now she will in all probability get a far longer sentence than him.

I also find it such a shame that either of them are facing prison, when you look at all the thieving corrupt people in the totally rotten and corrupt British establishment it seems a shame that those least deserving of punishment go to prison and those most guilty get away with it…

Re: Jail Bird

Re: Jail Bird

bellend
when bitterness bites back

Re: Jail Bird

Hune is a criminal and serial liar-not a man of honour. Any sentence should be tripled because he has abused the people and tried to circumnavigate the law. Check out the fukushima cover up that he was complicit in.

Liars- cheats and criminal- should never be able to hold public office again of any sort-how can they be allowed to "make laws" against the people when they have no intention of obeying them themselves.

Re: Jail Bird

Re: Jail Bird

Independent man
They deserve each other.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: Jail Bird

Hold on there Gaz, you said'

"Liars- cheats and criminals- should never be able to hold public office again of any sort-how can they be allowed to "make laws" against the people when they have no intention of obeying them themselves".

The field of prospective candidates is so slim at the moment I'm struggling to find any people of "honour" to vote for.

If you are seriously suggesting we filter out all the liars, cheats and criminals, I doubt we will be left with more than a couple of dozen contenders.

Re: Jail Bird

Lorraine Moss
I have been looking for similar cases, see below

Driver Gets Jail For Facebook Speeding Scam
Police used forensic evidence to prove the driver's online friend was not behind the wheel at the time of the offence.7:23pm UK, Monday 07 January 2013
Woodburn broke the speed limit on the Halifax Road in Sheffield

Email
A man has been jailed after advertising on Facebook for a volunteer to take his speeding penalty points.

Scott Woodburn, 32, from Rotherham, was recorded breaking the speed limit on the A61 Halifax Road in Sheffield in November 2011.

But instead of paying the fine he posted a message on the social networking site asking if anyone would take his points in return for payment.

Daniel Baggaley, 26, took up the offer even though he did not possess a driving licence. In return he received £250 from Woodburn.

But police used forensic evidence to confirm the offence was committed by Woodburn and both men were prosecuted for perverting the course of justice.

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Safer Roads Partnership said: "Hopefully this case will send a warning to anyone who would consider anything so irresponsible.

"It is a crime to admit an offence on behalf of someone else. If someone approaches you to admit an offence on their behalf you should inform the police.

"Woodburn showed no regard for anyone else. He was prepared to drive at excessive speed.

"Once caught, rather than changing the manner of his driving he selfishly paid to have someone else to take the blame so that he could continue behaving as before.

"These offenders are a danger to themselves and other road users."

Baggaley, from Sheffield, received an 11-week prison sentence suspended for 12 months and a 12-month supervision order after pleading guilty.

Woodburn was given a five-month sentence and was also disqualified from d
riving.

Re: Jail Bird

Percy.
Simply seems a waste to spend money keeping them in prison it would make more sense to take lots of money from them.

Re: Jail Bird

Re: Jail Bird

Lorraine Moss
I found another article on the internet where a woman asked her elderly mother who had a clean license to take her points for her.  However, when they were both charged with the offence, they pleaded guilty straight away and the elderly mother got a fine and the daughter was banned from driving and had to do community service.

The problem with this pair is they continued to lie rather than just own up to what they done.  The amount of money this has cost the taxpayers of this country is unbelievable.

Would you ask a loved one to take your speeding points? I did and I still live with the consequences
By SARAH WILLIAMS
UPDATED: 08:04, 25 May 2011
Comments (12)
Share

The memory of sitting down to write my two young children a letter explaining to them why Mummy wouldn’t be coming home for a while still makes me shudder with shame.
The next day I was due to appear before a Crown Court judge for sentencing, and my lawyer had reiterated that a custodial sentence was a distinct possibility.
If that happened, there wouldn’t be chance to say my goodbyes: I had to have all my affairs in order before I left the house in the morning.

Energy and Climate Change Secretary Chris Huhne who was interviewed by police today over allegations he tried to evade punishment for speeding
‘Mummy did something wrong,’ I wrote, as I sat at my desk, pen shaking. ‘But I never imagined it would end this way.’
By the time they read these words, my former husband would have gently told my darling boys that I had gone to prison — and handed them the letters. ‘I’ll speak to you as often as I can on the phone,’ I wrote. ‘I’m going to miss you both terribly.’
I felt such agony as I penned each painful word. After all, I’m hardly a hardened criminal: I’m a successful businesswoman, running my own marketing firm, with two sons, then aged ten and 14, at private school.
Until this awful episode in my life, I would have described myself as a hard-working, upstanding citizen.
So, what was the crime I would be pleading guilty to the following morning?
I’d persuaded my elderly mother to take penalty points for me so I wouldn’t lose my driving licence after being caught speeding on camera. I was charged with perverting the course of justice.
‘Taking points’ is a phenomenon that has prompted debate across the country following allegations by the estranged wife of government minister Chris Huhne that he persuaded her to do just that for him.
To be honest, I didn’t think it was a big deal when, four years ago, I asked my mum to help me out of a spot of bother.
‘I’ve been caught on a speeding camera and I’ll get three more points, taking me to 12, which means I’ll lose my licence,’ I told Mum over the phone.
‘Is there any way you would consider saying you were driving at the time, so that you get the points instead?’
'I didn't think it was a big deal when, four years ago, I asked my mum to help me out with a spot of bother'

Mum, a retired midwife, was 79 then, in good health and very young for her age. Most importantly, she had a full — and clean — driver’s licence. She’s never even had a parking ticket!
I’d been caught speeding while  dashing to get to her birthday party one April evening in 2007, doing 35 mph in a 30 mph limit.
I already had nine points on my licence, all for similarly minor speeding offences.
Mum said ‘Yes’ straight away. She knew that as a single mother running a business, I would be lost without my licence. We live in the sticks, where public transport is almost non-existent.
With hindsight, I wish I could say I’d done a lot of soul-searching before asking Mum to do this for me, but I’d be lying.
Several friends had suggested I ask her to take the points because she rarely uses her car. It seemed the logical answer.
Mum didn’t express any misgivings as she signed the form, and I felt no guilt or concern for her or for myself. ‘I hope I’m not signing my life away,’ she said jokingly, as she handed me back the form.

Sarah Williams tells her story of how asking a loved one to take her speeding points led to her downfall
I laughed. I thought I was simply playing the system — an impersonal system, a machine not a policeman.
Who would know? And, more to the point, as long as the fine was paid, who would care? But I’d failed to make an important distinction. Speeding is a motoring offence.
Persuading someone else to take points for you isn’t just a moral deception, it’s a crime.
The first I knew of the trouble we were in was when Mum  phoned me, panic-stricken, seven months later in November 2007.
She said she’d received a letter asking her to attend the local police station regarding the speeding ticket.
My stomach tied itself into a knot as she told me how frightened and worried she felt. I dashed home, where the same letter awaited me. I hated myself for landing my lovely Mum in such a mess.
I called her immediately and apologised over and over again. ‘I’m so sorry I’ve done this to you,’ I wept. ‘I’m devastated.’ Despite her own fears, Mum tried to reassure me. ‘It’ll be all right,’ she said.
'I lay in bed thinking about my children. If I went to prison, I would miss their end-of-prize-giving ceremony, sports day and the long summer holiday'

I took advice from a solicitor, who urged me not to compound the trouble we were in by lying: we had to come clean to the police.
The next day we went to the police station together, where we were shown a photograph taken by the speed camera — timed, dated and clearly showing me at the wheel.
The picture was so good that I could have framed it and put it on my mantelpiece.
According to the police, someone — I still don’t know who — had informed them that we’d lied on the form and they were duty-bound to investigate. The room began to spin.
I kept waiting for someone to say we’d been very naughty and that they hoped we’d learned our lesson, before sending us on our way. As two respectable, middle-class ladies, surely we’d be able to apologise our way out of this.
However, those words never came. In the months that followed, I couldn’t sleep or eat, but not once did Mum try to make me feel guilty.
‘I’m culpable,’ she would tell me. ‘Nobody made me sign that form. We’re in this together.’
We were advised to instruct lawyers, who warned us that we faced jail — though Mum’s lawyer tried to reassure us, saying the court would take her age into account.
We were officially charged in February 2008 and we both pleaded guilty.
In June, we appeared before a judge at Hereford Crown Court.
The night before, I lay in bed thinking about my children. If I went to prison, I would miss their end-of-year prize-giving ceremony, sports day and the long summer holiday. I’d spend my 39th birthday in my cell.
Waving them off for school the next morning, as though nothing was wrong, took strength I didn’t know I had. I forced a brave smile and told them I’d see them that evening.
Standing in the dock before a judge was surreal. We held hands — I could feel Mum shaking and I’m sure I was, too. When the judge reassured us that we weren’t going to prison, my legs almost went from under me with relief.
'I will never forgive myself for the shame I heaped on myself and my poor Mum'

I was in such a state that I wasn’t sure what else he said. Our lawyers went through it all later.
Mum was to pay a £500 fine, while I was fined £1,000. I got a six-month driving ban and was given 125 hours’ community service. I’d been a hair’s breadth away from jail.
Afterwards, I felt huge relief, but not as much as I’d expected. I was too weighed down by shame.
In the end, I was given what felt like a second reprieve: my community service would be carried out in a local charity shop. I worked there one day a week for six months.
Once I’d got over the indignity of having to present myself to the manager, I threw myself into the task, determined to prove I was a decent person.
Now, when I hear people talk about ‘taking points’, I tell them it’s a crime that could land them in prison.
And I will never forgive myself for the shame I heaped on myself and my poor Mum.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1390586/Would-ask-loved-speeding-points-I-did-I-live-consequences.html#ixzz2NJQ1slWv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Re: Jail Bird

i think for once they got it about right

Re: Jail Bird

Percy.
I don't think white collar crime is worth putting people in prison we don't have enough places to keep them.
The loss of status the shame and maybe a years community service loss of driving licence and a hefty fine plus all costs incurred by the courts would have been more in line.They are unlikely to do it again which is the purpose of prison in this circumstance.Its other purpose to keep dangerous people out of the community.
I would build more prisons and make them very spartan so I am no liberal but in the case of this sort of crime prison at our cost seems inappropriate.

Re: Jail Bird

Independent man
I think Vicky Price wanted revenge so badly she was not concerned of the consequences,she was a woman scorned and out to get Huhne at all costs.
She had one thing on her mind and that was to ruin his career and drop him in the brown stuff big time,half way through the procedure it became apparent that things might backfire on her,but by that time it was to late to save herself.
The outcome is although he,s banged up for eight months and his political career is finished,she also is eating prison food and when her son and daughter have had time to reflect on the situation they will realise she is the bad guy who has split the family for good.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave