Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

Lorraine Moss
I have just received an email from the SGT from the Hylands Ward Safer Neighborhood Team.  There has been a substantial increase of burglaries since the clocks went back.  Six in the past week in Hylands and I am sure that this is pretty much the case across the whole of the borough.

Houses that are in darkness are an easy target, the police are advising people to make sure that they leave lights on when they are not at home.http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Lighting/1400011144993/1400011144993.

Re: Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

Romfordian
Lot's of reports in Harold Hill Community forum over the last few weeks need more high visibility Police patrols don't Believe what Borris says
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

Lorraine Moss
Hi Romfordian, my friend who lives in Harold Hill got broken into last Saturday.  You may have seen it on the Harold Hill Community Facebook page.  She had just recently had new doors and windows fitted by the council and someone had managed to remove the bottom door panel.  This seems to have happened to quit a few other residents were also broken into after having the doors fitted.  It would seem that there is some kind of pattern to this that needs to be investigated.

The Hylands ward SNT are going around the whole ward and leaving leaflets through the doors of any house that is in darkness advising them to keep lights on while they are out.

Re: Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

Percy.
Be like the village that has taken on a firm to patrol the area.Form a group and patrol the area with video cameras and mobile phones.

Re: Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

Royston Eldridge

Re: Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

Usually it's the houses with old wooden frames that get targeted and the burglars avoid the houses with more secure double glazing.

In this instance, we seem to have the reverse scenario and it's almost like somebody knows how to exploit the vulnerability of the new system being installed.

Somebody also seems aware which houses are the best targets and which houses may or may not have additional security measures.

I know which lines of enquiry I would be following.

Re: Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

We already pay for a group to patrol the area, it's called the Metropolitan Police Service.

What a damning indictment of London policing if residents feel the need to employ a private security firm to do the job of the police.

Re: Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

dalek1
Yes it might have something to do with the fact its Harold Hill. If it be the Nelmes Gidea Park Rise Park etc I sure the plod would move faster than Usain Bolt in the 100 metres. Very odd this thing about the doors. Perhaps we should ask our wonderful cabinet member for Housing Damien White which contractor they are using or will we get commercial confidentiality as a cover story. No very funny to say the least.

dalek1
No its just my sympathetic side rearing its head. Just think of the plight of this poor woman. Reduced to a three day week (bringing back memories of the 1970's and Ted Heaths defeat by the miners) on a mere £81,000 pa. Come on E7 where's your sympathy for this wonderful human beings distress. Do you have no fellow feeling 'cause she bloody well aint. Any how you were a senior manager once. Couldn't get me a job for three days a week on £81,000 for doing fuck all plus an OBE of course.

dalek1
If we had a contest for who's the most sarcastic poster on this sight who'd win out of me and you? Far too close to call me thinks!

Re: Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

Royston Eldridge

Re: Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

dalek1
Now you and I know there's only one woman other than Mrs D1 I have desires on.
Need I say any more?
See you later Ann darling!
I'll leave the back window open.

Re: Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

Royston Eldridge

Re: Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

dalek1
Yes on second thoughts I'd probably have to use a JCB to get her through the back window.

Re: Increase of Burglaries In Havering, Don't Leave Your House In Darkness !

Now here's a novel way to deter burglars. Put this picture on every door all over the borough with the text Caution I live here. That way the local plod and Osman Dervish can claim burglaries have dropped to zero. Saying that Ho Hum might break in and ravish her.

dalek1
The one of our reverend chief exec of course.