Immigration

the view from the right, we need more immigration labour costs are too high, we need to conserve our privileged position.
the view from the left, we need more immigration the poor of the world deserve a chance to improve their circumstances.
the view from the center, we need more immigration we're right on progressive people.

Re: immigration

Ho-Hum
yet, most of the electorate scream, "no more, send 'em back."

The failed commie states are coming
It's time to head for the hills
Strangers will soon be slumming
And we'll be paying their bills
With hospitals bursting at seams
When schools have gone to the wall
While we try to fulfil our dreams
Eastern Europe will hold us enthral
Slavery was once abolished
But we will be under a spell
Done with and deftly polished
It's such a very sad tale to tell.

Re: Immigration

Mr. Angry....
Theresa "may" one day do her job, but I very much doubt it... She has hopelessly failed so far...

A corruption scandal that strikes at the heart of Britain’s immigration controls is exposed today by a Mail investigation.....

Migrants who can speak no English were able to buy, for just £500, a certificate which says they have passed a language test.....

The documents open the door to British citizenship, allowing them access to a full range of benefits.
MPs and campaign groups warned that our revelations could be just the tip of the iceberg at a time when 200,000 passports are being granted to migrants every year.

Home Secretary Theresa May last night ordered an urgent investigation into the Mail’s evidence, which could lead to criminal prosecutions.

The immigration minister, James Brokenshire, will carry out an urgent investigation into this scandal and the outcome will be these allegations are completely unfounded...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2630809/Cheat-way-passport-For-500-migrants-speak-no-English-buy-certificate-opens-door-UK-citizenship.html

Whilst on the subject of immigration.... Well done Theresa... You tosser...

Asylum seekers are put in 4-star hotels - at the cost of £900,000 from taxpayers....

The move was caused by a sudden influx of new arrivals which led to overcrowding at a nearby hostel.

Security firm G4S, which has a contract with the Home Office to manage the asylum seekers, was forced to book 405 rooms on a half-board basis at two hotels, including the four-star Holiday Inn, where guests have free use of a health club and spa.

The revelation caused outrage last night, with one Labour MP vowing to raise the issue in the Commons.

The local council and police have also protested to G4S, which is supposed to notify them when temporary accommodation is used.

The firm booked 356 beds at the Ramada Encore in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, and 49 at the town’s Holiday Inn between mid-March and late April.

The Holiday Inn offers bed, breakfast and an evening meal at prices of up to £100 a night. The Ramada has a restaurant, wi-fi and a wake-up service and every room boasts a flat-screen TV.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/476371/Security-firm-G4S-puts-asylum-seekers-up-in-plush-hotels-without-telling-local-council
Havering's angriest person...

Re: immigration

Ed Miliband has said Labour “will never again turn our backs” on British people who are concerned about immigration but has refused to set a target for the number of foreigners that should be allowed to come to the UK.

The Labour leader insisted that he will “bear down” on immigration but declined to make “false promises” to voters about numbers of foreigners coming to Britain.

Mr Miliband said that previous Labour administrations had “too often dismissed people’s concerns” about immigration.

Re: immigration

Tom Merton
What a joker, even if we stopped immigration today it's still too late.  Message to Ed "You betrayed us".

He can't set a target because none of 'em can stop people coming in.  We're an island but we have porous borders and always have had,  if Australia can deal with it why can't we?

I'm not against some good immigration that allows people in that want to contribute and assimilate and it's done at a rate that British people feel is tolerable but what labour did is a scandal that should never be forgotten, allowing in millions of people from third world failed states who have no intention of assimilating, more like the reverse, we have to accommodate the needs and wants of people who come here because they get free healthcare, education, housing, benefits etc and have every intention of keeping their own ways.

We are walking into the Balkanisation of the UK.
If it must always be better, it can never be good enough.

Re: immigration

Percy.
Why not offer a free  5 % deposit on Homes to married couples with one child or none who agree to sterilisation.This would save Millions in education and health care costs and reduce the impact of immigration.

Re: immigration

Mr. Angry....
Administrator
I've got a better idea Percy...

Euthanise all pensioners... Housing crisis solved... National debt solved... Elderly care problem solved... NHS problem solved... £60 billion a year saved on pensions... Freedom Pass scrapped... Free TV licence scrapped... Bedroom Tax scrapped....

You need to think outside the oven... Ja vol mein Percy....
Havering's angriest person...

Re: immigration

Our once great nation is now only here to be used by some of the worst scum on earth.  If those who arrive on our shores don't like our culture let them return whence they came but don't impose their ways ways on us.

We can extend the hand of friendship but we don't expect it to be bitten.  Immigrants should respect us and mix accordingly.  If they can help our economy and themselves then all well and good.  If they think they can do as they please and bully us into changing our society, in my view, they can p-ss off.

Re: immigration

Rastaozzie
Tend to agree mon vieux

Re: immigration

Yes have carousel rooms at the end of every street or call Thursday Soylent green day.

Re: immigration

Tom Merton
This post was updated on .
Thats kind of funny in a madcap way but we're quite far off from soylent green I think.  Don't you agree?
If it must always be better, it can never be good enough.

Re: immigration

My wife got an emergency doctors appointment at 9:10am. I am still sitting outside at 11:09am and she hasn't been seen yet.
I cannot understand the languages being spoken in the waiting room so I am sitting in the car watching Sky Go. Something has to be done.

Re: immigration

Ho-Hum
These things never hit home till it gets personal

Good wishes Phil, may your wife be seen soon and with a happy outcome.

Re: immigration

Phil Wailing
I am now in LLoyds Pharmacy and I have had to pay Havering council to go to the chemists.

Every one behind the counter is either looking through a letter box or got their head bandaged up and all the people around me are saying "grozni drodzni granishky".

Re: immigration

Ho-Hum
These problems only effect the general public (most of the electorate) but not those in the higher echelon of society.

The masses must think before planting their cross at the ballot box.

All will be well,

Ho-Hum.

Re: immigration

Phil Wailing
28-08-2014

There was a "statistically significant" increase in net migration into the UK in the year up to March, from 175,000 to 243,000, the Office for National Statistics has said.

Immigration Minister James Brokenshire described this as "Good News".

So Dave, when are you going to cut immigration from hundreds to tens of thousands?

It now stands at a quarter of a million a year

Re: immigration

bellend
is that why the roads are congested?

Re: immigration

Royston Eldridge

Re: immigration

Tom Merton
We are so so so so so so so so
           so so so so so so so so
           so so so so so so so so
Fucked.
If it must always be better, it can never be good enough.

Re: immigration

Tom Merton
We haven't even got the bottle to muster a bit of civil disorder to show our contempt and anger.  Truly we are easily tricked and we put up with it and moan (myself included).  Everyone knows it's bad but on and on it goes.

I suppose it's understandable though when you can get put in prison for a few years for chucking bacon at a fucking mosque but if you're a muslim child abuser you get off scot-free
If it must always be better, it can never be good enough.
1234 ... 6