I was wondering.

Phil Wailing
If a foreigner comes to live in England he is an immigrant. Why is an Englishman that goes to live in Spain called an ex-pat and not an immigrant?

If a muslim man goes to Syria to join IS he is called a terrorist. If a woman goes to Syria to join IS she is called a jihad bride. Why is she not a terrorist?

Re: I was wondering.

Planning of havering
No two ways about it she is a terrorist not a bride is Isis and should be treated as a terrorist not allowed back in this country

Re: I was wondering.

"If a foreigner comes to live in England he is an immigrant. Why is an Englishman that goes to live in Spain called an ex-pat and not an immigrant?"

I don't know, but one thing they have in common is they are both emigrants. (from their places of birth)

Re: I was wondering.

bellend
maybe an immigrant is not self-supporting in the same way an ex-pat is?

Re: I was wondering.

Percy.
Stop this namby-pamby liberal speak they are invaders Just like the Normans and Romans.

Re: I was wondering.

Phil Wailing
My brother lives in Spain and has done for 10 years. He speaks fluent Spanish and lives in a Spanish community. He has told me the Spanish hate us, they refer to the English as Gamba which is Spanish for prawn. They say we get of the plane looking grey and 20 minutes later we are bright pink. We are not popular in Spain.

Re: I was wondering.

Royston Eldridge

Re: I was wondering.

bellend
don't know the answer, but what I do know is that the new immigrants are hard working, non benefit seeking, skilful and honest. unlike the shifty, evil, ponces that call themselves English. this is all true I see it every day in the media.

Re: I was wondering.

Romfordian
You right Bellend the people in the know Daily mail right wing papers politicians CBI crying out for cheap labour
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: I was wondering.

Royston Eldridge

Re: I was wondering.

Royston Eldridge

Re: I was wondering.

in answer to my own answer, how comes these hardworking, non benefit seeking skilful and honest people never made a success of their own lands?

Re: I was wondering.

Percy.
Part of the plan for one world government by the illuminati.

Re: I was wondering.

Council Witness

Re: I was wondering.

bellend
Russia, china, nth korea of course do not spend money on arms

Re: I was wondering.

Council Witness

Re: I was wondering.

bellend
ha that hurts

Re: I was wondering.

Bellend you are officially a Cretin - and bar it would appear - Wear that badge with pride, it's much more important than an ONC.

I merely possess a PhD in hindsight, you may address me as Doctor Phil.

Re: I was wondering.

Phil Wailing
Last night the topic for debate by the O.H. Debating Society was boring sports.

The out and out winner by a unanimous vote was Tennis, cricket didn't even come a close second to the mind numbing boredom of Tennis.

We were wondering - Is there anything in life, regardless of sport, more boring than Tennis?

Re: I was wondering.

bellend
the one thing more boring than watching tennis on tv is listening to tennis on the radio, last night on radio 5 bloody tennis.