How safe is Havering's sheltered housing.....

How safe is Havering's sheltered housing.....

The insulation used at Grenfell Tower - which releases cyanide if burned - is installed at sheltered accommodation in east London, the BBC has learned.

Celotex RS5000 foam was withdrawn from sale after the Grenfell fire, in which victims suffered cyanide poisoning.

The BBC has now discovered the product is used at 34 homes in Havering, east London, including nine sheltered accommodation units for the elderly.

Havering Council insists the buildings have all passed safety inspections.

The product, which was present in the cladding at Grenfell, has a polyisocyanurate (PIR) core. It emits hydrogen cyanide when burned - a gas once used for executions in the USA.

CLICK HERE

Re: How safe is Havering's sheltered housing.....

confused of hornchurch

I see Garrick House is one of the nine sheltered accommodations (BBC news) but it doesn't list the other eight, or for that matter the other twenty five houses.

I suppose it's best to keep the public in the dark?

Re: How safe is Havering's sheltered housing.....

Re: How safe is Havering's sheltered housing.....

So how did the Beeb get the story?
See our local press a bit slow off the mark.
Looking at the RR in recent weeks it seems to be reverting back to pro-council stance as a number of years back in the days of Mark (free tickets for bent council leaders) Sweetingham and Chris Carter.

Re: How safe is Havering's sheltered housing.....

confused of hornchurch

Maybe they're not worried about any risk?

Maybe they have every faith in our young cabinet member for housing?

Re: How safe is Havering's sheltered housing.....

dalek1
Oh silly me why didn't I think of that?
Yes with such a young dynamic bunch in charge what could possibly go right
oh whoops meant to say go wrong.

Re: How safe is Havering's sheltered housing.....

Only look at it on-line,your right council fanzine.

Re: How safe is Havering's sheltered housing.....

Faith is the operative word,anybody seen the tenancy list for Grendel tower?
There're never know who died in there for certain.