How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Lorraine Moss
In this week's Romford Recorder on pages 16 and 17, there is an article about the Havering Plan.  They have including a photo of Bedfords park and stated "The Council is dedicated to protecting the boroughs most valued assets, like Bedfords Park."    However, what is does not tell you is the fact that they are proposing to install wind farms in over 200 sites across Havering including the Manor and Bedfords Park.  In fact their photo and statement are in my opinion a blatant attempt to try and steer the public away from their true intentions.

Thankfully, this did not stop us from finding out !  There will be a vote to approve the Havering Plan on Wednesday the 26 July at a full council meeting.  The council are inviting residents to give their views on this plan which they have not given the residents any detail of their content on.

I WOULD URGE ALL RESIDENTS TO EMAIL   developmentplanning@havering.gov.uk   or you can write to; Development Planning, London Borough of Havering, Town Hall, Main Road, Romford, RM1 3BD.

Please remember, you don't have to write a detailed letter if you don't want to, just a few sentences explaining why you are against the proposed wind farms will be fine.  If anyone needs any help, please contact us.

Kind Regards

Jan Sargent
Lorraine Moss
Rachel Barker

If you have not done so already, please sign the petition https://www.change.org/p/cllr-roger-ramsey-no-to-a-wind-farm-at-the-manor-dagnam-park-harold-hill

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Mark One
they are proposing to install wind farms in over 200 sites across Havering including the Manor and Bedfords Park. Wot, where!!!! Heaven knows I have no reason to love the council given my past history but to say that they are proposing to install turbines in 200 locations across the borough is just cobblers.

The local plan merely indicates those locations across the borough where planning applications for wind turbines would be accepted (not automatically granted planning permission) every application would undergo full scrutiny and a decision would be taken on the merits of each individual application. To say that the council are proposing wind turbines on 200 sites is a good conspiracy theory designed  to wind up the public but has no basis is truth.

Move on folks nothing to see here.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Mark One
whoops meant to say 'basis in truth'

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Lorraine Moss
Thanks Mark, have you read the local plan?

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Lorraine Moss
From the Recorder

Community campaigners plan to fight wind farms in beauty spots across Havering

PUBLISHED: 15:00 14 July 2017 | UPDATED: 15:15 14 July 2017 Ann-Marie Abbasah
Wind turbines may be installed around the borough to create renewable energy. Picture: Danny
Residents who celebrated the council’s u-turn for a solar farm on a nature reserve have reacted in horror to suggestions wind farms could be installed instead.

Share article from Romford Recorder on facebook Tweet article from Romford Recorder Share article from Romford Recorder on Google Pluspost article from Romford Recorder on reddit email article from Romford Recorder
At a cabinet meeting on Wednesday, July 19, Havering Council unveiled its draft local plan which sets out its vision and framework for future development in the borough.

The plan incorporated guidance for any private developers who submit proposals for wind turbines in Havering to help the council meet its ambition of reducing carbon emissions.

The plan earmarked open spaces in seven wards – Havering Park, Gooshays, Mawneys and Brooklands, Cranham, Upminster, Rainham and Wennington, and South Hornchurch – as most suitable to accommodate wind farms of small, medium or large sizes.

But chairman of the Friends of Dagnam Park group, who fought against plans for a solar farm in Dagnam Park, Harold Hill, said the plan was “unbelievable”.

“It is with utter disbelief that we now find ourselves looking towards campaigning once again against the local authority in retaining the openness of the fields that make up the vista of the local nature reserve at Dagnam Park and which gives it its depth of character after the Friends of Dagnam Park and members of the local community fought so tirelessly to save it from being encroached upon by the installation of a solar farm only months ago,” he said.

“We now find that the proposal, as per the draft copy of the Local Development Framework Plan, of placing wind turbines, regardless of how many per field, in 11 of the fields would be detrimental to the over all appearance of the parkland of which members of the public enjoy.”

The plan states: “The council will support proposals for wind turbines.”

But it goes on to say that all stand-alone renewable energy developments should be located and designed to minimise any adverse impacts.

According to the draft plan renewable energy is crucial to meeting the council’s ambition of reducing carbon emissions, and generating cleaner power.

Community campaigners Lorraine Moss, from Romford, and Jan Sargent, from Harold Hill, who fought against the Dagnam Park solar farm proposals, plan to launch a new campaign.

Havering Council have been approached for comment.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Mark One
Contrary to what the Recorder seems to indicate no where does it say that wind turbines will be installed. Merely that the council will allow applications to be submitted only in certain areas. And that these applications would then have to go through the normal planning process to see if they were acceptable. Like I said nothing to see here folks.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Lorraine Moss
I disagree Mark.  The plan shows maps of the proposed locations.  Why should we not show our objections at this stage?  We are all fully aware of the consultation process that they go through prior to a planning application being submitted.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Mark One
By all means comment on the proposals but is there really a need to organise a 'protest' based on an invented argument that puts a sinister spin on things and misrepresents the facts? The petition says I believe that the local plan shows that the council intends to install wind turbines on the manor. No it doesn't that is not true. As i said previously the proposal mearly shows where applications that include wind turbines would be accepted into the planning  applications process, a first stage of a long process.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Lorraine Moss
Having spent several months opposing the last proposal for the solar farm, we have every right to object and voice our opinions Mark.  Let's face it, the last proposal was not handled very well.  The council suddenly changed the size of Dagnam Park and completely went back on their press release of 2014 in which they stated that Dagnam Park had doubled in size.  The people feel very strongly about this and it is our right to make a stand in whatever manner we see fit.  I am sorry if it offends you but needless to say we will carry on with what we are doing.  In fact, this is not just the people of Harold Hill, other areas across the borough will also be joining us.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Mark One
Not offended at all Lorraine, just a little concerned to see the facts being misrepresented over this issue. No wind turbines have been proposed for the manor, and with an average wind speed of less than 6m/s in that area viability would be a hard case to make anyway.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Lorraine Moss
Mark I would never intentionally be misleading to anyone.  I am not alone in my views and the way I see it is this is exactly the same as the last proposal, only this time we are a few steps ahead.  We are just doing our utmost to protect what is important to not only us but to all the people in Havering.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Lorraine Moss
From The Romford Recorder

Dagnam Park Harold Hill campaigners launch petition against wind farms

PUBLISHED: 13:34 17 July 2017 | UPDATED: 16:38 17 July 2017 Ann-Marie Abbasah

Wind farms could be used as a source of renewable energy around the borough.
Two women who launched a successful social media campaign to protect a much-loved beauty spot say they feel “punched” in the stomach at the prospect of wind farms being installed.

Share article from Romford Recorder on facebook Tweet article from Romford Recorder Share article from Romford Recorder on Google Pluspost article from Romford Recorder on reddit email article from Romford Recorder
Wildlife enjoy Bedfords Park. Picture: D Tothill 2009/Havering Council Wildlife enjoy Bedfords Park. Picture: D Tothill 2009/Havering Council
Community campaigners Lorraine Moss, Romford, and Jan Sargent, Harold Hill, launched a petition on Change.org after Havering Council included guidance for wind farm proposals in its draft local plan.

ADVERTISING

The plan unveiled at a cabinet meeting on Wednesday, July 19, deemed around 200 sites – including Dagnam Park – within seven wards as most “appropriate” for wind farms.

“Lorraine and I feel as if we have been punched in the stomach but we are fighting fit and it won’t phase us,” said Jan.

“We are ready to pick this up from where it was left with the solar farm proposal, again with strength and determination from our community.”

Members of the Harold Hill community celebrating their solar park success in June . Picture: Ellie Hoskins Members of the Harold Hill community celebrating their solar park success in June . Picture: Ellie Hoskins
Wind turbines of small, medium, and large sizes could be installed in Havering Park, Gooshays, Mawneys and Brooklands, Cranham, Upminster, Rainham and Wennington, and South Hornchurch wards.

These include beauty spots such as Havering Country Park, Bedfords Park, Pyrgo Park, Dagnam Park, and near Rainham Cemetery.

The guidance within the draft local plan states any private developers who submit proposals for wind turbines in Havering must ensure that they are “located and designed to minimise any adverse impacts”.

Renewable energy is crucial to meeting the council’s ambition of reducing carbon emissions, and generating cleaner power.

But Phil Wailing, who volunteers at Bedfords Park, Broxhill Road, Havering-atte-Bower, shared Lorraine and Jan’s lack of enthusiasm.

“Councillors are completely clueless as to what’s in Bedfords Park , its flora, fauna biodiversity or wildlife and they’re the people making these decisions,” he said.

“Bedfords Park is designated a local nature reserve and comes under the National Parks and Access to Countryside Act 1949 and was declared a nature reserve in 2008. It’s not there for wind turbines.”

In November and January, hundreds of people gathered outside Havering Town Hall to protest against solar farm plans for Dagnam Park.

Following the fierce opposition, the plans were shelved in March.

Lorraine urged people to sign the petition.

“We cannot believe that so soon after our last victory that Dagnam Park is again under threat,” she said.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Lorr with the greatest  respect to you why engage in any conversation with rasta whoever?
In the not to distant past he spent a lot of time slagging off yourself me Phil W and anyone who was opposed to the solar folly now he seems to want to have a swipe at anyone who doesn't like the idea of woodlands nature reserves and parks turned into wind farms.
Just for his info the Havering or whichever public visit parks to observe flora fauna etc not to look at unsightly wind turbines or solar panels blighting the natural landscape.
Anything added to  the park should be there to enhance it not to wreck it.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Mark One
Dear D1, I can't honestly recall slagging anyone off on this site, unless they were being rude in the first place. You seem to equate expressing a different opinion to yourself as slagging off. Also for accuracy as far as i recall I have never expressed personal support for changes to any park in Havering. In my recent replies to Lorraine I was mearly pointing out the inaccuracy of the statement in the petition 'that the council intends to install wind turbines in the manor', its like i said , cobblers! Even in the previous discussions regarding solar parks i restricted myself to correcting inaccuracies in statements made by various posters. I wish you a good day sir.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

dalek1
Oh cant you!
I recall you trying to undermine attempts by myself and others to gain support against the solar folly by quoting a mountain of facts and figures showing pro leanings to the project.
I dont have the time or the will to go through your past posts other to say it was me who by chance rumbled your true identity when I posted an evasive e-mail from you when I was attempting to obtain hard facts about the solar folly like how much the whole project would cost Havering rate payers which you failed to respond to.
There are also rules on this site that state by all means have lively debate but don't slag off any individual posting and you went out of your way in your former capacity to do just that.
No doubt you will respond to this post but don't think you will get a reply.
Bye Bye Mark Lowers!

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Mark One
Any evidence to back up those bold statements D1 old chap?. Dont think you will be able to find any. Remember comment is free facts are sacred.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Ok here we go.
1 Lorraine, yes I got the impression that Dervish is a nasty piece of work (even by Tory standards).
Dont slag anyone off do you?
2 Not employed by the council either in any capacity, just someone who is interested in the subject and has a modest amount of knowledge on it.
Is this your idea of facts?
I never made either of these statements.
You did.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

Mark One
Well D1' you got me bang to rights there. And I paid the price for those two didn't I just. However no instance of slagging of other posters 'unless they have been rude' and never stated anything other then facts regarding solar parks or wind turbines. I restricted my comments to when others were misrepresenting things or taking plain (can i say cobblers). All the very best to you for now off to watch my girls play netball.

Re: How To Voice Your Opinion Against The Proposed Wind Farm At The Manor and Other Locations In Havering

dalek1
Ok lets call it quits now then.