How Can Establishments Protect Their Customers/Employees In A Terrorist Incident?

How Can Establishments Protect Their Customers/Employees In A Terrorist Incident?

Lorraine Moss
Like many of you, we have been sitting here watching the shocking coverage on the news of last nights attack.  I cannot imagine how the people caught up in it must have felt, there were totally helpless and had to resort to throwing tables, chairs bottle e.t.c at the attackers.

My partner and I were wondering if it could be feasible for establishments to all have a terrorist attack plan.  Also to have a stock of some kind of CS/pepper spray on their premises to be used in the event of an emergency.  There would have to be strict laws and penalties if they were used other than in a severe incident.  I would be interested to hear what other people think.

Re: How Can Establishments Protect Their Customers/Employees In A Terrorist Incident?

Percy
I not think pepper spray will do any good.The only answer is to ensure any one preaching that sort of religion is taken out of society.

Re: How Can Establishments Protect Their Customers/Employees In A Terrorist Incident?

Lorraine Moss
I agree Percy, but that is going to take a long time.  There needs to be something in place now.

Vigilantism is the road to disaster.

Re: How Can Establishments Protect Their Customers/Employees In A Terrorist Incident?

Lorraine Moss
Percy I am not talking about Vigilantism.  I am saying in the event of a terrorist attack.  Last night the police issued advise telling people to hide or run.  This equates to they were on their own and there was no way that they could defend themselves.  If there was a policy in place where all establishments had a terrorist plan, it could save lives.

Re: How Can Establishments Protect Their Customers/Employees In A Terrorist Incident?

Percy
I have been held up twice once with a shot gun in the mouth the other a big knife at my throat then locked in a cupboard neither of these would have been prevented by any anti terrorist training.We tried metal frames that came down and prevented thieves jumping over the counter we had CCTV and push button alarms nothing worked.We had bullet resistant glass they just waited until you came out.We had dye that could be sprayed in the event of an attack still the violence did not stop.

Re: How Can Establishments Protect Their Customers/Employees In A Terrorist Incident?

What if the van they drove was packed with explosives?
The pub they nearly crashed into is nearly always packed out then what would have happened if they had been armed with sub machine guns as opposed to knives?
Seven poor souls have lost their lives but if the scenario I've mentioned had have been reality how many more would have been killed?

Re: How Can Establishments Protect Their Customers/Employees In A Terrorist Incident?

dalek1
Police arrest 12 people in Barking following London Bridge terror attack

Armed police have raided several flats in Barking today in connection with the London Bridge terror attack.

A total of 12 people have been arrested during the operation at the Elizabeth Fry flats in King’s Road, at around 7am.

Seven people died after three suspects in a white van ploughed into pedestrians on London Bridge just after 10pm last night.

The trio then went on to stab several people at Borough Market efore they were shot dead by armed police.

Witnesses reported hearing shots as the police stormed the building.

Veronica Oladapo, 45, who lives in a neighbouring block, left her building at around 7am to see police taking four men and a woman away.

She said: “When I came out they were already taking some of the casualties away.

“There were three of them ... the ambulance came and took them away.

“There were another two sitting down inside.”

One of the men had a hood pulled over his head while another one used a jacket to hide his face, she said.

Damien Pettit, who lives in the Elizabeth Fry block, was shown a photograph of one of the attackers.

He told Sky News he could not be certain it was the same person, but that it looked like a man who lived in the block.

Mr Pettit said: “If it is, I am completely shocked. He has lived here for three years.”

Adding that the man he knew had children, he continued: “I am kind of absorbing this at the moment because I can’t understand how it could have been him.

“He has always tried to help in terms of what is going on in the area.”

More than five hours after the first arrests, a woman in a burka was led into a police van parked outside the flats.

It then drove away with sirens blazing, followed by three other vans.

Furqan Nabi said he saw four men lying face down on the floor.

One looked over 50, and another man looked at least 60 years old and had a beard, the 35-year-old neighbour said.

A third man was in his late 20s or early 30s, he said. He could not see the fourth man properly.

Around 20 emergency services vehicles were present, he added.

Re: How Can Establishments Protect Their Customers/Employees In A Terrorist Incident?

Percy
More arrested at the ship and shovel Renwick road Barking.What if the next vehicle they use is a petrol tanker pull up in a crowded high street one Saturday afternoon and one grenade and hundreds are gone .Life is so fragile.
Revolutions are always verbose.