Housing Plan Consultation.

OLD CODGER
So much for listening to the public I have asked how many people attended the Collier Row library on Thursday and was told 5 or 6.
I went to the Romford library this morning to get information and asked at the desk where were the people carrying out the consultation were located and they did not know as there was no notices displayed and they had not been told.
Then a young man called out I am over here buy the Amazon storage boxes..
I was not happy with some of the replies to my questions on roads, Doctors, schools  and how many houses would be allotted to remove people from the housing list only that 35% would be Social housing for rent I presume.
The hours were from 10-12 I was the only person there at 11.10 and was top of the sheets for contacts that I could see and it was obvious that my enquiry was the first to the counter staff.
So does that count as 100% of that consult against the scheme

Re: Housing Plan Consultation.

Percy
Apathy rules most people have noidea whatplans are happening.Outside of the few activist bubbles most people are totally passive only moaning when they are affected by something.As the Roman Caesars said give thembread and circuses and the populace are happy.I posted a face book page saying the Aldi store in Dagenham was now refurbished and open I got 300 likes or replies.I posted about the changes to the building plans at the Beam estate and got 5 replies 2 asking where it was.

Re: Housing Plan Consultation.

Old Codger if I am reading your post correctly the staff in Romford Central Library were not aware there was a consultation taking place on the new Local Plan and they were unaware there was a Havering council representative in the Library.

Added to this there was no notification in the Library that the consultation was taking place today.

Is that correct?

Re: Housing Plan Consultation.

OLD CODGER
Yes that is correct.
Until he shouted across they were not aware he was there or that a consultation was taking place they were going to ask another member of staff when he said I AM HERE.
No notices or placards only a 4 seat table with just one young man there.

Re: Housing Plan Consultation.

confused of hornchurch

Do we know who "that young man" was?

A councillor or just the office junior? Did he give you his name?

Re: Housing Plan Consultation.

Unbelievable....

Re: Housing Plan Consultation.

confused of hornchurch

So if a confused person from Hornchurch had set up a table and chairs in the library and identified themselves as a council official in charge of the housing plan consultation, nobody would have been any the wiser? Old Codger could have been talking to me for twenty minutes and assumed I was a council official.

As you say Phil, unbelievable!

Re: Housing Plan Consultation.

Percy
Maybe we could set up an advice service travelling from Library to Library.However as said several times before when did the council ever take any notice of the people.

Re: Housing Plan Consultation.

bellend
a nice young man called at my mums house yesterday, with the question "how can the conservatives make havering better" and he left a questionnaire which I haven't seen yet, are they consulting the people?

Re: Housing Plan Consultation.

Percy
I thinkits in response to new branches of Labour being set up and Momentum holding training classes on electioneering.

Re: Housing Plan Consultation.

No the gentleman had a Havering identification badge and was of Dutch or Belgium origin I will not say his name.