Hornchurch stabbing.

confused of hornchurch

Man dies after stabbing in Hornchurch pub

19:41 10 January 2016

Sam Gelder  (Romford Recorder)

Police outside JJ Moon's pub in High Street, Hornchurch this afternoon. Picture: @DownsDigital

A man has died after being stabbed in a Hornchurch pub this afternoon.

Police, paramedics and the air ambulance were called to JJ Moon’s Wetherspoons at 4.30pm and found the victim, believed to be 60, suffering from stab wounds and head injuries.

He was taken to hospital where he died just before 7.15pm.

Next of kin are in the process of being informed and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.

The Homicide and Major Crime Command has been informed and detectives have taped off a number of areas close by while forensic examinations take place.

Inquiries continue. There have been no arrests.
Bob

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

Bob
http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/crime-court/reports_of_stabbing_in_hornchurch_1_4373858
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

confused of hornchurch

With crime figures falling, you should feel safe to have a Sunday afternoon drink in Hornchurch.

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

Abbs Cross Gardens at the junction with High Street was still cordoned off late last night.

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

confused of hornchurch

Detectives appeal for witnesses as man stabbed to death in Hornchurch pub

 Monday, 11 January 2016  By YA Reporter in Crime

Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a 60-year-old man was stabbed to death in a Hornchurch pub.

Police and the ambulance service were called shortly after 4.30pm yesterday (Sunday) to J.J. Moon’s pub in the High Street.

The man was found suffering an injury, believed to be one stab wound. He was taken to an east London hospital where he was pronounced dead at 7.14pm.

Officers are in the process of informing next of kin.

Formal identification and a post-mortem examination will be arranged.

A murder investigation has been launched by officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command.

There has been no arrest at this stage.

There are cordons in place in the vicinity as forensic examinations take place.

Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that may assist the investigation should call police on 101. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

Ho-Hum
I'm told the recipient of the blade lived in the high rise council flats in Sunrise Avenue facing Harrow Lodge Park.

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

confused of hornchurch

Cheers Ho Hum, lets hope the assailant has been caught on CCTV either from the pub or the expensive council-installed town centre cameras. There must have been witnesses in the pub or High Street.

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

I think that's Parkview House?

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

confused of hornchurch

Killer gets hungry after fatal stabbing.

Hornchurch pub murder: Killer went to chicken shop after stabbing, say police

16:28 11 January 2016

Sam Gelder  (Romford Recorder)

Police at the scene of the stabbing

Detectives investigating the murder of a 60-year-old man in a Hornchurch pub believe his killer went to a chicken shop for food after fleeing the scene.

Police at the scene of the stabbingPolice at the scene of the stabbing

The victim, known to friends as “Oggy”, was fatally stabbed in JJ Moon’s Wetherspoons, High Street, at about 4.30pm yesterday, and died in hospital at 7.14pm.

No arrests have been made but forensics have today been combing Favorite Chicken and Ribs, St Nicholas Avenue, Elm Park, which has been taped off since last night.

An officer told the Recorder they believe the suspect fled to the takeaway after the incident.

Drinking partners of “Oggy”, believed to be from Cranham, said he was a great man.

A staff member at the International Supermarket opposite JJ Moon’s described seeing customers barricading themselves inside the pub after the attack, as a man smashed the glass in the front door.

He told the Recorder: “This man was outside and he punched the window and was shouting ‘come outside and fight’. Everyone was trying to shut him out the pub by holding the door. I just thought there had been a fight.

“Then he put his jumper over his head and walked off down Abbs Cross Gardens. He looked about 20-30.”

A cordon has also been set up while forensics comb Abbs Cross Gardens for evidence.

A resident who lives near the pub in High Street said he was shocked something like this had happened at such a friendly pub.

“Considering you get people drinking in there from 9am you don’t get much trouble,” he said “You get the odd shouting but that’s it.”

Inquiries continue.

Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that may assist the investigation should call police on 101. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

Terry Matthews

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

confused of hornchurch

Let's hope the Hornchurch knifeman chokes on his chicken and chips.

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

Ho-Hum
I'm told a 16 year old youth is in police custody.  Actually, I was acquainted with the deceased.  He was a friendly guy who always said hello and acknowledged people.

The youth apparently was in dispute with bar staff and the guy who was stabbed was trying to appease the situation, receiving the blade in his body for his trouble.

Whatever happened to Hornchurch village life and gentle Sunday afternoons?

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

confused of hornchurch

I hope the "16 year old youth" didn't turn violent because a licenced premises refused him alcohol?

So he's not only ruined the life of a 60 year old man and his family, but also set about destroying his own life in a moment of madness?

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

Ho-Hum
Thing is C0H, there's Chinese whispers and guessing and gossip about this nasty event that truth may well get distorted.  The Romford recorder will probably have more facts on Friday.

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

confused of hornchurch

The one fact that can't get distorted is an elderly man lost his life to a callous thug with a knife.
A thug that brought chaos to two local high streets, loss of trade to two local businesses and criminal damage at the scene of his brutal assault.

A thug with such disregard for the life of his fellow man, that he calmly left the scene to order his evening meal.

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

Ho-Hum
Oh yes, they walk among us: degenerates, thugs, nutters and extremists.

One can never be too careful.  Never underestimate and never be complacent.

Potential danger is everywhere.

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

confused of hornchurch

Hornchurch pub murder: ‘Gentle giant’ stabbed while protecting someone, say family

10:38 12 January 2016

Sam Gelder  (Romford Recorder)

A 60-year-old man who was murdered in a Hornchurch pub was killed while protecting someone involved in an altercation, his family believe.

Related articles
Man dies after stabbing in Hornchurch pub
Hornchurch pub murder: Killer went to chicken shop after stabbing, say police

Aiden O’Mahoney, known to friends as Oggy, was watching his beloved Tottenham Hotspur play Leicester City in JJ Moon’s Wetherspoons, High Street on Sunday when he was fatally stabbed.

Speaking to the Recorder, his step-daughter, Louise Tonks, spoke of the family’s devastation.

“This act has torn the family apart,” she said. “He was a gentle giant who was well known and respected, especially in Cranham and Hornchurch.”

She added: “We are not too sure about the full story but have been told Oggy was trying to protect someone from an earlier altercation in the pub, which would have been his nature. He wasn’t a violent man but would help anyone.”

Police were called at 4.30pm, and Oggy was taken to hospital, where he died at 7.14pm.

He leaves behind a partner of 30 years, who he lived with in Cranham, as well as two step-daughters and five step-grandchildren. Louise has set up a GoFundMe page to help with funeral costs.

Detectives are still searching for the killer, who they believe went to a chicken shop in Elm Park after fleeing the scene.

Witnesses described seeing customers barricade the door of the pub shut as a man outside punched through the glass and shouted.

A staff member at the International Supermarket opposite JJ Moon’s told the Recorder: “This man was outside and he punched the window and was shouting ‘come outside and fight you old ****’. Everyone was trying to shut him out the pub by holding the door. I just thought there had been a fight.

“Then he put his jumper over his head and walked off down Abbs Cross Gardens. He looked about 20-30.”

Forensics were yesterday combing Favorite Chicken and Ribs, St Nicholas Avenue, Elm Park, and Abbs Cross Gardens for evidence and are viewing CCTV from the pub and the takeaway.

A Wetherspoon spokesman said staff and customers were deeply shocked by the incident.

He said: “We pass on our sympathy to the friends and family of the victim. We also praise staff and customers who tried to help the victim before the paramedics arrived.

“We have passed on the CCTV to the police and will assist them in any way we can during their investigation.”

A resident who lives in High Street near JJ Moon’s said he was shocked something like this had happened at such a friendly pub.

“Considering you get people drinking in there from 9am you don’t get much trouble,” he said “You get the odd shouting but that’s it.”

Inquiries continue.

Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information should call police on 101. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

To donate to Oggy’s fund, click here.
Bob

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

Bob
A 30 year old man has been arrested and is being questioned.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

confused of hornchurch

Yes, it's in the Recorder now.

Hornchurch pub murder: Police arrest 31-year-old man on suspicion of murder

17:55 12 January 2016

Emma Lake

Police investigating the murder of Aiden O’Mahoney at a Hornchurch pub on Sunday have arrested a 31-year-old man.

The man was arrested this afternoon on suspicion of murder and remains in custody.

Re: Hornchurch stabbing.

confused of hornchurch

Hornchurch stabbing: Man charged with murder of Aiden O’Mahony in east London pub
Mark Chandler
16 minutes  ago  (Evening Standard)

Aiden O’Mahony Metropolitan Police

A 31-year-old man will appear in court today charged with the murder of Aiden O’Mahony in a Hornchurch pub.

James Roberts, from Hornchurch, will appear at Redbridge Magistrates' Court today charged with stabbing the 60-year-old to death at J.J. Moons pub in Hornchurch High Street just after 4.30pm on Sunday.

A post-mortem examination held at Queen's Hospital mortuary yesterday gave his cause of death as a single stab wound to the chest.

In a statement yesterday, Mr O’Mahony’s family said: "Aiden was a very loved son, brother, partner and granddad. He was a kind and thoughtful man. His passions were Spurs, his family, friends and his dog Lily.

"Aiden's family and friends are devastated by his untimely tragic death. We will always remember him and the joy his larger than life presence gave us."

A fundraising page set up to cover the costs of Mr O'Mahony's funeral has raised more than £1,800 so far.
12